PDA

View Full Version : Which one of you Marines wrote the "Dont Quit on Us" post?

Achped
02-02-07, 09:54 PM
Another letter from Accord came in, but its all personal stuff he asked me not to make public. He did want me to send him a copy of whatever one of you wrote (I want to say yellowwing??) about boot camp, it went....

"You will be pushed harder than you can physically go, and pushed even harder. Don't quit on us. You will reach the limits of your endurance, and have to pass them. Don't quit on us. etc etc"

I searched but I can't find it.

jinelson
02-02-07, 10:21 PM
It was yellowwing and it got deleted during our two day time warp along with everyone elses posts, PM's buddys and new members. Unfortunatly its all unretrievable. Send it to John as you remember it, and here is another yellowwing quote that is outstanding moto for someone on the island;

by yellowwing - Discipline? I view it as those moments in time where every human instinct tells you to be very afraid and to run away. But you don't. You make a stand and face it and take action.

OORAH!!!

Jim

yellowwing
02-03-07, 12:02 AM
09-09-06

Take care and stay motivated. We are going to beat you down to your bare essence. Don't quit on us.

You are going to sweat and be weakened. Don't quit on us. You are going to be thrown to the wolves and beset on all sides. Don't quit on us. You are not going to do anything right or fast enough. Don't quit on us.

You are going to learn that the team is bigger than you. Don't quit on us. You are going to learn what Gen Mattis said, "Its fun to kill some people. Its a real hoot." Don't quit on us.

You are going to learn that pain and tiredness go away when you got a good sight picture. Don't quit on us.

Never quit, never give up. Years from now when you are old and dead you are going to remember that day when you stood up and shouted to the world, "I AM NOT GOING TO QUIT!"

Semper Fi :iwo:

jinelson
02-03-07, 12:07 AM
And to think that the pup you said those words to became a Company Honorman!

OORAH!!!

Jim

yellowwing
02-03-07, 12:26 AM
Here's one of the funniest ones: :D

iijohnx2kii
i leave 9/19/05 for bootcamp. can someone tell me what the weather is gonna be like for my 13 weeks?

yellowwing
9/19/05? I predict a harsh environment. Are you going to quit on us? We'll have the finest Marines on duty testing you and your character.

In 8 days you will be put to more duress that you have ever experienced. We cleared out Falluja, Hue City, Chosin, and Iwo Jima because we simply did not accept anyone that would quit on us.

You will be ruthlessly hammered and beaten until you have no choice but to quit or reach down deep and eat your guts for one more minute of inspiration. If you survive, we will welcome you to the Eternal Brotherhood.
John made it to be one of the Few. He didn't talk about the weather when he came back! :banana:

Marine84
02-03-07, 10:27 AM
He didn't talk about the weather when he came back! :banana:

LOL!