PDA

View Full Version : 20070212

GI JOE
02-02-07, 12:59 PM
This is for all the vet Marines

I am leaving to SD bootcamp in 10 days and I feel very excited and nervous I will be leaving behind my fiancé whome I care for very much and not to mention I am 27 years old to become part of the strongest force on this planet inside my heart I know what im doing the the right move and am very proud of my self I love my country and want to serve it

Its not what your counrty could for you but what you can do for your country JFK

Could you great Marines give me some pointers on how it is going to bootcamp at 27 and how I could hang with all the young bucks?

jjodonnell
02-02-07, 01:05 PM
You won't be the oldest so don't worry. There will always be some guys who are ahead of physically and some guys behind you.

YLDNDN6
02-02-07, 02:24 PM
One thing to remember is that your age is about the only thing that might make you stand out, going into boot camp. Your DI's may use it as fodder for jokes or whatever. DO NOT lose bearing and laugh or smile. This will put you on their "List." Stay off the list at all cost! Boot camp is not a competition...your age will only matter if you have used the last 10 or so years to destroy your body. If you are not a PT stud going in, you will be by the time you get out. There are no breaks given to older recruits, so don't ask! Just put out with all you have every day. You will find that some of the younger bucks suffer under the strain as much as you do, so don't sweat it. Just be outstanding and do everything that is asked of you and you will do fine. If you find that you are able to excel, it will be noticed, thus opening up the possibility of some sort of position within the training platoon. It is entirely up to you, as to how hard you push yourself, but never, ever give up on anything there.

GI JOE
02-02-07, 02:40 PM
jjodonnell and YLDNDN6 thanks for the comments I have been training every day and losing weight to be in tip top shape for bootcamp.

Oh by the way GO Marines!!! :banana: :usmc: :banana: and GO CHICAGO BEARS!!!

Keep the comments coming very helpfull

jinelson
02-02-07, 08:50 PM
What you lack physically will be balanced out by your maturity and wisdom dont sweat it to much!

OORAH!!!

Jim