PDA

View Full Version : The Forgotten Vets

Motor-T
02-09-03, 01:16 PM
I got this off the 4th Bn. 12th Marines Kilo Battery web site.

'Shell Shocked' 'Post Traumatic Stress Syndome'. You've heard the names. You've seen the faces. The blank stares. The 1000 meter stare. Gaunt eyes look out and see nothing. It happened in the First One, The Second One, Korea,Vietnam and the Gulf.It is indiginous to war. Healthy men and women. No shrapnel,bullet wounds,or malaria become casualties of war. Trapped inside themselves. Victims of their demons. Demons that sap sleep and replace it with the hauntings of war. These are the forgotten ones.There are no monuments erected to them. No medals issued for their pain. They quietly languish in Veterans Hospitals across the nation. They are caught in time. Unable to escape. They need help. The Veterans Administration has cut back drasticlally on their budget. The forgotten Ones slip deeper into time as a result.

You can make a difference. You owe it to them to make a difference. A trip to a hospital to say hello. A few words from someone whos been there,seen the horrors they have seen,can perform miracles. Just to listen. Just to let them know they aren't forgotten can make a monumental difference in their lives and yours.

Marine-of-1861
02-09-03, 03:35 PM
If America realy cared for the vets they would be on some of the boards to help lobby.

We all know this even at jobs we work at in most cases,the guy doing the interview never served feels infearer to you,so you dont get hired or if you do get hired you are treated as second class people.

Its there and no matter how well you perform your job they always know more than you, even about the military they never served In.

Semper FI:banana:

wrbones
02-09-03, 03:38 PM
Yep. I've experienced that vefore.

First interview I had when I got out, the first question I was asked, "Have you ever held a real job?"

I got up and walked out. I knew from his tone of voice that he'd never get it.

Marine-of-1861
02-09-03, 04:59 PM
there is some controverse on bush, they are having second thoughts.
but these folks dont have clue on the stuation in Iraq.
It is sad to see people down grade this president in a time of war it made me mad enuff I almost quit my job.
make you wonder on the people you working with.

No every thing but know nothing ?

Thats A big Roger !:) BONES

wrbones
02-09-03, 05:03 PM
I've posted a lot of info on what's goin' on about Iraq on this site. So have some others here. Do a search on Iraq fer starters. Lots of ammo to **** them off. Maybe they'll fire ya and you can get unemployment if nuthin' else! :D

Marine-of-1861
02-09-03, 05:13 PM
Fired from my ole lady !

Yeah like I said Its sad to see these pore folks that cant see whats going on,some are just lost causes because they dont understand the threat at hand. we know that 9-11 was a scratch to come.

Only to belive that GW is doing this for revenge, yeah right!
Make ya feel like slapping some one........that desrespects our president and our troops abroad.

Thats a Roger Bones !

Semper FI
;)

greensideout
02-09-03, 05:51 PM
Good point Motor-T!

If we don't care for our own, why should we expect others to?

It could be tough for some though. They don't want to bring their own demons forward. Best maybe not to engage them but instead to leave them deeply buried.

I do hope that some respond to help others. As you said, the need is there.

I think that many already are.

Semper Fi