PDA

View Full Version : It Figures. The French Suck.

HardJedi
02-01-07, 10:42 AM
PARIS — The French already enjoy a 35-hour work week and generous vacation. Now the health minister wants to look into whether workers should be allowed to sleep on the job.

France launched plans this week to spend $9 million this year to improve public awareness about sleeping troubles. About one in three French people suffer from them, the ministry says.

Fifty-six percent of French complain that a poor night's sleep has affected their job performance, according to the ministry.

"Why not a nap at work? It can't be a taboo subject," Health Minister Xavier Bertrand said Monday. He called for further studies and said he would promote on-the-job naps if they prove useful.

France's state-run health insurance provider will send letters explaining the importance of good sleep, and tips on how to get a good night's rest. The Health Ministry's Web site offers a questionnaire to help visitors evaluate how well they sleep.

Bertrand said sleepiness causes 20 percent to 30 percent of highway accidents across France each year.

killerinstinct
02-01-07, 11:12 AM
hmm. makes me wonder if they were sleeping during both world wars; NOW I KNOW how they fell quick

those lazy ****s were sleeping

drumcorpssnare
02-01-07, 11:58 AM
As far as I'm concerned, that entire nation can take a freakin' DIRT NAP...until the end of time!

Worthless Cowards!!!
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

Sgt Leprechaun
02-01-07, 03:54 PM
This is why the French have not won a major conflict since, oh, the early 19th century?

And, why in time, very shortly, they will become totally subservient to the "will of allah". Then they'll really have something to whine about.

bootlace15
02-03-07, 07:56 PM
AHHHHHHHH,The French,The French,what a funny race.They fight with there feet and they f... with their face.

bootlace15 out

10thzodiac
02-04-07, 08:09 AM
I might of been a Marine but I'm not stupid, a 35 hour week and cat-naps on the job sounds good to me, not to mention Brigitte Bardot http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/04.gif

http://www.chrisabraham.com/bridget-bardot-bikini-thumb.jpg

DWG
02-04-07, 09:20 AM
I might of been a Marine but I'm not stupid, a 35 hour week and cat-naps on the job sounds good to me, not to mention Brigitte Bardot

An update on that photo would not be too flattering-I would think she looks like someones' grandma now. And if you work for the gummint (like I do) you should already be getting away with no more than 35hrs./wk and catnaps! Just don't get caught!
:banana: :D

Besides, I wanted to bump this photo (I SAID BUMP!)

FistFu68
02-04-07, 09:28 AM
:evilgrin: (LMFAO)YOU STILL~BUMPING???AFTER ALL THESE YEAR'S~D.W~YOU OLD FART???:yes: :thumbup:

DWG
02-04-07, 09:29 AM
:evilgrin: (LMFAO)YOU STILL~BUMPING???AFTER ALL THESE YEAR'S~D.W~YOU OLD FART???:yes: :thumbup:

When that photo was taken I coulda "bumped" all night-especially with her!!

FistFu68
02-04-07, 09:50 AM
:evilgrin: SO,YOU'R THE REASON;WHEN I HIT ON HER! MANY MOON'S AGO,AT THE "CANNES FLIM FESTIVAL"SHE SAID~NO CAN DO~I'M IN LOVE, WITH A YOUNG PRICK~IN THE USMC!!!(LOL):p

DWG
02-04-07, 10:05 AM
SO,YOU'R THE REASON;WHEN I HIT ON HER! MANY MOON'S AGO,AT THE "CANNES FLIM FESTIVAL"SHE SAID~NO CAN DO~I'M IN LOVE, WITH A YOUNG PRICK~IN THE USMC!!!(LOL)

Truth be told (rarely on this site) I'd say when that picture was taken most of us were too young to do anything except drool over the very thought of BB; and then change our underwear.:scared:
:banana:

I know you're lying FF-the french wouldn't LET you in the damn country to start with-they know troublemakers when they see 'em!!!
:D

10thzodiac
02-04-07, 11:38 AM
http://www.strangecelebrities.com/images/content/3314.jpg

FistFu68
02-04-07, 12:26 PM
:evilgrin: THEY HAD TOO LET ME IN D~W!!!6TH.FLEET~MED.CRUISE!OH,BY THE WAY;SORRY BRO!IT WAS THE OTHER PRICK~'CHIT HAPPEN'S(LMAO)S/F:marine: :banana:

DWG
02-04-07, 03:44 PM
THEY HAD TOO LET ME IN D~W!!!6TH.FLEET~MED.CRUISE!OH,BY THE WAY;SORRY BRO!IT WAS THE OTHER PRICK~'CHIT HAPPEN'S(LMAO)S/F

I reckon it would take the whole Fleet to get you into france(you blended in with all the other troublemakers, lol). Was that your reward for Nam? :D

10Z started so well with his new line of cut and pastes; right up to that last pic of BB. Reality truly sucks! Hopefully we'll see more (young) Bridget and less (old) Smedley pastes in the future!
:banana: :thumbup:

FistFu68
02-04-07, 05:43 PM
:marine: AHAHAHAHAHA~YOU'R A GOOD CHIT,D.W~NO MATTER WHAT ANYBODY;SAY'S 'ABOUT YA~MARINE!!!HELL,I THINK BROTHER Z,WOULDA~DONE A SNAKE~WHEN HE WAS A YOUNGIN;IF (YOU)HELD IT'S HEAD?:) THE SNAKE THAT IS~(LMAO):) S/F

3077India
02-04-07, 06:41 PM
http://www.strangecelebrities.com/images/content/3314.jpgI guess she never heard of anti-wrinkle cream; course it would take about 10 gallons of the stuff to help her. :p

10thzodiac
02-04-07, 06:57 PM
Lucky I had already found mine in the sixties, it wouldn't of been that good without her http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif

DWG
02-04-07, 07:27 PM
I might of been a Marine but I'm not stupid, a 35 hour week and cat-naps on the job sounds good to me, not to mention Brigitte Bardot http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/04.gif

I just like this picture!
;)

SupplySgt
02-07-07, 12:01 AM
Oh those poor French people. I've always thought that one of the keys to getting a good nights shut eye is actually doing something during the day to make you tired. They obviously don't work, think or PT(upright or horizontally) worth a damn.

A 35 hour workweek would feel like part time for me these days.

Thank God I'm Irish.

3077India
02-07-07, 12:05 AM
The only thing the French do really well... IS HOST AN INVASION, ...just ask Germany. :p :marine:

10thzodiac
02-07-07, 04:40 AM
LEST WE FORGET <br />
<br />
In July 1780, about 5,500 French soldiers led by Lieutenant General Jean Rochambaeu, arrived in America. George Washington still hoped to force the troops from Britain out of New...

3077India
02-07-07, 05:04 AM
10thzodiac, We pretty much evened out the score when we saved their collective a**es in 2 World Wars. LEST THEY FORGET, which they obviously have.

FistFu68
02-07-07, 06:02 AM
:marine: I'M EATING SOME FRENCH-FRIE'S,RIGHT NOW;AS I LOOK AT THAT FINE AZZ!ON THAT YOUNG PIC,OF BRIDGET ON THE BEACH!!!D-W,BET YOU CAN'T IMAGINE,WHAT I'M THINKING?BUT THEN AGAIN,A HOUND LIKE YOU;IS THINKING THE SAME-SAME???(LMAO):p

DWG
02-07-07, 06:35 AM
FF-Don't have to imagine-you provided a picture(:p ) LOL.

Per 10Z and the American Revolution pt#1. I believe we've paid the frogs back at least twice by keeping them from all having to learn german as a first language. In other words, what have they done for us lately?
:mad:

Sorry, didn't see India had already brought the french thing up!

Ironrider
02-07-07, 07:50 AM
:marine: Hey 10th, I thnk this is the first time I agree with you 100%

FistFu68
02-07-07, 08:50 AM
:evilgrin: YOU MEAN THE SAME FRENCH SCIENTIST,WHO ARE SUPPLYING SYRIA & IRAN WITH THEIR EXPERTICE??? :evilgrin:

3077India
02-07-07, 09:19 AM
:marine: Hey 10th, I thnk this is the first time I agree with you 100%So r u saying that we still owe the French much? That our saving their a**es in 2 World Wars was insufficient? OR r u simply agreeing with 10th's post as being historically accurate, albeit somewhat exaggerated?

10thzodiac
02-07-07, 10:36 AM
How did he do it ? On a French ship, with the French Kings blessings !

The [USS] Bonhomme Richard

Formerly Duc de Duras was a frigate in the Continental Navy.

She was originally an East Indiaman, a merchant ship built in France for the French East India Company in 1765, for service between France and the Orient. She was placed at the disposal of John Paul Jones on February 4, 1779, by King Louis XVI of France as a result of a loan to the United States by French shipping magnate, Jacques-Donatien Le Ray. Jones renamed her Bonhomme Richard, the French Language equivalent of "Poor Richard," in honor of Benjamin Franklin's almanac called Poor Richard Richard's Almanac.

http://www.oceantechnology.org/graphics/John%20Paul%20Jones%20by%20Mosher.jpgOn September 23, 1779 one of the fiercest battles of the Revolutionary War took place off the coast of Flamborough Head, England between Bonhomme Richard and H.M.S. Serapis. Bonhomme Richard was captained by John Paul Jones who is often considered the father of the United States Navy. The battle between the two ships took place at point-blank range and lasted almost three and a half hours. John Paul Jones emerged from the battle victorious and captured Serapis as his prize. Thirty-six hours after taking command of Serapis, John Paul Jones watched his beloved Bonhomme Richard sink into the North Sea. It was during this battle that John Paul Jones' legendary words, "I have not yet begun to fight!" were recorded in American history.

Jealous superiors gave Jones the slowest, oldest ship, the Bonhomme Richard (named in honor of B. Franklin’s "Poor Richard")

Jones had 42 cannon and an inexperienced crew. Ship was too slow to chase or run away.

He attacked two British warships at the same time, the Serapis (50 guns) and the Countess of Scarborough (20 guns)

JPJ locked his ship to the Serapis.

The Serapis blew out the side of the Richard and fired cannons straight through; the Richard started burning and sinking.

Capt. Pearson said, "Do you ask for quarter?" JPJ replied: "I have not yet begun to fight!

"Fighting lasted 3 ½ hours; Americans blew up the Brits’ armory with a grenade.

The Brits surrendered & JPJ took both ships as his own sank.

JPJ returned to France a hero; was honored by the king; the ladies loved him.

He died and was buried in France, though his bones were later moved to the U.S.Naval Academy in Annapolis.

Just recently, the town of Whitehaven, England issued an official pardon to John Paul Jones and the United States.

----------------------------------------

"YET ALL DO NOT MAKE ME FORGET PARIS AND THE 9 YEARS HAPPINESS I ENJOYED THERE IN THE SOCIETY OF A PEOPLE WHOSE CONVERSATION IS INSTRUCTIVE, WHOSE MANNERS ARE HIGHLY PLEASING, AND WHO, ABOVE ALL THE NATIONS IN THE WORLD, HAVE IN THE GREATEST PERFECTION THE ART OF MAKING THEMSELVES BELOVED BY STRANGERS." ~ LE BONHOMME RICHARD (Benjamin Franklin)

S/F

10thz http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/22.gif

Footnote: [Good man] Bonhomme Richard; Good man is the literal translation nickname given by the French to Benjamin Franklin himself and John Paul Jones ship. Poor is substituted as equivalent, thus, Poor Richard - Bonhomme Richard.

DWG
02-07-07, 11:28 AM
You going "frog" on us now, 10Z?

10thzodiac
02-07-07, 11:46 AM
You going "frog" on us now, 10Z?

And here I thought U.S. Marines were amphibians, you could of fooled me.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/22.gif

DWG
02-07-07, 12:01 PM
And here I thought U.S. Marines were amphibians, you could of fooled me.

The word is "amphibious". Our a$$es don't bump the ground when we walk. Though I recall mine dragging from time to time. Hope that clears it up for you, monseur!

10thzodiac
02-07-07, 01:22 PM
The word is "amphibious". Our a$$es don't bump the ground when we walk. Though I recall mine dragging from time to time. Hope that clears it up for you, monseur!

Monsieur D W George,

[Marine Corps] Orign: Marin Caporal , Français

[Esprit de Corps] Origin: Esprit de Caporal , Français

[French Fourragere] Origin: Fourragere, Français

Sincère,

Bonhomme Richard aka 10thz http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/22.gif

Footnote: All the names that the Marines proudly refer to themselves today are French in origin. So, to all the ignorant French haters, if you have a brain, I hope that doesn't hurt it to much that your daddy was a Frenchman http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/34.gif

HardJedi
02-07-07, 01:28 PM
Wow, 10th, guess with all this knowledge you have, that you APPARENTLY think the rest of us DON'T have, you must feel pretty special about yourself?

The French suck ass, no matter WHAT they did in the past.

I am glad you are here to point out the obvious though, otherwise we may all have to go through life wonderinig if the things we already know are known to other people or not. :D :P

10thzodiac
02-07-07, 02:09 PM
Wow, 10th, guess with all this knowledge you have, that you APPARENTLY think the rest of us DON'T have, you must feel pretty special about yourself?

The French suck ass, no matter WHAT they did in the past.

I am glad you are here to point out the obvious though, otherwise we may all have to go through life wonderinig if the things we already know are known to other people or not. :D :P

And here I thought you had went and ****** died on me, glad to see you back. I was really getting worried, missing your sour grapes humor !

How's your professional studentry coming along ?

Don't be to hard on those "Kerry" stay in school types, they may be on the wrestling team instead of parading around in grandpas night-shirt pretending to look mid-evil.
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/image.php?u=12157&dateline=1168446378&type=profile
Believe me stick to the sour grapes, the wrestlers grapevine move will definitely put a kink in your studies.

DWG
02-07-07, 02:16 PM
Monsieur D W George,

[Marine Corps] Orign: Marin Caporal , Fran&#231;ais

[Esprit de Corps] Origin: Esprit de Caporal , Fran&#231;ais

[French Fourragere] Origin: Fourragere, Fran&#231;ais

Sinc&#232;re,

Bonhomme Richard aka 10thz

Footnote: All the names that the Marines proudly refer to themselves today are French in origin. So, to all the ignorant French haters, if you have a brain, I hope that doesn't hurt it to much that your daddy was a Frenchman

They all originated from the Latin initially, the french just used Latin to build their gutter language. We took it, improved it, and put it to good use! Adapt; Improvise; Overcome!:evilgrin:

No french in my bloodline (well, maybe some hugenots; but since I can't spell it correctly, I ain't claiming them!):confused:

And Devil Dogs (or Hell Hounds) is german!:mad:

I notice you know the proper spelling of monsieur-NOW I am suspicious of you, ya closet frog!!

drumcorpssnare
02-07-07, 02:38 PM
Early anthropologists assumed that the Chinese people originated in France.... because they are YELLOW!:banana:

DWG
02-07-07, 03:26 PM
Early anthropologists assumed that the Chinese people originated in France.... because they are YELLOW!:banana:

Well, that explains that! Ya know, the french weren't all that bad as long as they had a king. Once the rabble took over they went to hell fast. Guess frogs need more adult supervision than most!

10thzodiac
02-07-07, 04:02 PM
Response in red

They all originated from the Latin initially, the french just used Latin to build their gutter language. We took it, improved it, and put it to good use! Adapt; Improvise; Overcome!

Like I said earlier, "Europe is and Old W-hore" and the French were the last ones with their dick in the name. It's a smart kid that knows who his daddy is...

No french in my bloodline (well, maybe some hugenots; but since I can't spell it correctly, I ain't claiming them!):confused:

And Devil Dogs (or Hell Hounds) is german!

Do you have any proof Teufelhunde (devil-dogs) is a legitimate Marine nickname ?

H.L. Mencken & Floyd Gibbons

The American writer H.L. Mencken didn't think so. In The American Language (1921) Mencken comments on the Teufelshunde term in a footnote: "This is army slang, but promises to survive. The Germans, during the war, had no opprobrious nicknames for their foes. The French were usually simply die Franzosen, the English were die Engl&#228;nder, and so on, even when most violently abused. Even der Yankee was rare. Teufelhunde (devil-dogs), for the American marines, was invented by an American correspondent; the Germans never used it. Cf. Wie der Feldgraue spricht, by Karl Borgmann [sic, actually Bergmann]; Giessen, 1916, p. 23." The correspondent that Mencken referred to was journalist Floyd Phillips Gibbons (1887-1939) of the Chicago Tribune. Gibbons, a war correspondent "embedded" with the Marines (as we would say today), had his eye shot out while covering the battle at Belleau Wood and lived to tell the tale. He also wrote several books about World War I, including And They Thought We Wouldn't Fight (1918, George H. Doran Company, New York) and a biography of the flying Red Baron.

So did Gibbons embellish his reporting with a made-up Devil Dogs legend, or was he reporting actual facts? Did the Germans truly come up with the term Teufelshunde for the Marines? Not all the American versions of who first used the German word agree with each other. One account claims that the term "originated from a statement attributed to the German High Command, in remarking on the determinedness of the Marines, to the effect of 'Wer sind diese Teufelshunde?', which means 'Who are these Devil Dogs?'" Another version claims that it was a German pilot (perhaps the Red Baron?) who cursed the Marines with the word "Teufelshunde." Was Gibbons aware of this? If so, how? Or did he invent the tale and put it into one of his dispatches from the front in France? So far I have been unable to find any German reference to Teufelshunde in connection with the Marines. Not a single one. I also have not been able to look at the archives of the Chicago Tribune to see the actual news article in which Gibbons is alleged to have first mentioned the "Teufelshunde" tale. (The 1918 editions do not seem to be available online. Can someone in Chicago help?)

Floyd Gibbons was known to be a flamboyant character. We also know that his biography of Baron von Richthofen, the so-called Red Baron, was not entirely accurate, making him appear to be a totally reprehensible, blood-thirsty aviator, rather than the more complex person portrayed in more recent biographies. That's to be expected, as Gibbons was no doubt influenced by the anti-German sentiments of the time, his own brutal war experiences, and his well-known "friendship and admiration for the U.S. Marines." But did such considerations also lead him to put words in the Germans' mouths and "create" a legend about his beloved Marines? There is certainly no proof that he did, but there is also no record from any German source (that I know of) indicating the use of the German word Teufelshunde as a sobriquet for the U.S. Marines. There's yet another factor that could cast doubt on the origin of the Devil Dogs legend. The Marines were not the only troops involved in combat in France's Belleau Wood in 1918. In fact there was an intense rivalry between the regular U.S. Army troops and the Marines stationed in France during the War to End All Wars. From the interesting "Belleau Fountain Legend (http://www.scuttlebuttsmallchow.com/fountain.html)" page at the equally fascinating Scuttlebutt & Small Chow (http://www.scuttlebuttsmallchow.com/fountain.html) site comes this information: "Though the Marines took Belleau Wood in late June 1918, Belleau itself was captured not by the Marine Brigade, but by the [Army's] 26th Division some three weeks later, by which time the Marines were fighting and dying at Soissons. How and when the 'bulldog fountain' [in Belleau] actually entered into the mythology of the Corps remains something of a mystery." And how would the Germans have known it was the Marines in particular who deserved the "Devil Dogs" nickname rather than the many other Army troops who were fighting in the same area?

I notice you know the proper spelling of monsieur-NOW I am suspicious of you, ya closet frog!! You don't like femmes ?

DWG
02-07-07, 04:37 PM
The only french I learned when I was there was"la belle jienne(sp) femme" from a truck driver who gave me a ride through Dunkirk and on to the Belgian border. "the pretty young girls" he commented as we drove through town. And there were a lot of them, just walking to work and school.
Devil dogs may not be true, but like a lot of history; "it's too good a story not to repeat", and is now in the tradition of the Corps. I like hell hounds better than devil dogs!
:banana: :thumbup: