PDA

View Full Version : Burglars hit Canyon Lake retreat for wounded GIs

thedrifter
02-01-07, 09:46 AM
Burglars hit Canyon Lake retreat for wounded GIs

Web Posted: 02/01/2007 12:15 AM CST

Roger Croteau
Express-News

STARTZVILLE — Burglaries always leave homeowners feeling violated, but Rose Camero-Gill was disgusted by what vandals did to her vacation house at Canyon Lake, which she often makes available to wounded soldiers and Marines.

She bought the home as a retreat after her son, Marine Cpl. Steven Gill, 24, was killed in action in Iraq in July 2005. Camero-Gill, who volunteered at Brooke Army Medical Center, provided it as a weekend getaway for patients recovering there.

"They would go on the river and relax," she said. "If you've ever been in the barracks at BAMC, it's like a submarine."

Now Camero-Gill, whose main residence is in Round Rock, is considering selling the home.

The U.S. and Marine flags were torn off the walls and thrown on the ground. A favorite photo of Steven with his girlfriend was burned. Commemorative coins given to her by the military at Steven's funeral were among the items stolen.

"The hurtful thing is that they would throw the American flag down and disrespect it," Camero-Gill said. "And to burn his photo, that is just pure meanness."

Comal County sheriff's investigator Rex Campbell said the vandalism makes him suspect teenagers did it. The burglary happened at some point between Christmas and Jan. 25, and was discovered when Camero-Gill asked a friend to check the place for damage after the recent ice storm.

"The monetary value of the things stolen is relatively minor," Campbell said. "But the sentimental value of some of the items was priceless."

He said Comal County Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward, and more money is being collected, so the reward will likely increase. Anyone with information can call Comal County Crime Stoppers at (830) 620-8477.

A neighbor, Kenneth Cole, said his home was also burglarized around the same time, while he was out of town. Jewelry, designer purses, an antique Remington rifle, televisions and a computer were among the items taken from his home.

"Hopefully some of it will turn up in a pawnshop or a parent will spot the stuff in some kid's bedroom," he said.

Camero-Gill said items taken from her home included a drum set and electric guitar.

"I won't say I can't forgive them," she said. "But I want those kids punished."
rcroteau@express-news.net

Ellie

killerinstinct
02-01-07, 10:06 AM
My family has a lake house there and to do that to her son's pictures and to both the Marine Corps' and American flag is sick.

Crime stoppers can keep themoney; if i had a tip those ****ers would be dead.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-01-07, 03:44 PM
I think it's typical punk teenager behavior.

Personally, I'd enjoy, after they are caught, making them watch as masked thugs broke up every single thing they owned, then set fire to it in the front yard of their house.

Then they can be made to work for the county or state, hauling wood, picking up trash, etc, in a very public place, wearing a sign saying "Scumbag Thief".

But then again, I'm kinda radical that way...

8th&I Marine
02-01-07, 03:51 PM
I am with you Sgt. I think these people should have to stand in the city Square with signs on them saying what they did. Ted Poe did that in Houston as a Judge. I hope they find these people and make them pay for what they have done. Semper Fi

Cantrell:flag:

Sgt Leprechaun
02-01-07, 04:37 PM
I would personally walk by and throw used kleenex at em.

And encourage others to do so as well.

thedrifter
02-03-07, 04:05 PM
NEW: Arrest made in burglary of Canyon Lake retreat for wounded GI's <br />
<br />
Web Posted: 02/03/2007 10:17 AM CST <br />
<br />
By Brian Chasnoff <br />
Express-News Staff Writer <br />
<br />
Authorities on Friday arrested a youth...

FistFu68
02-03-07, 04:12 PM
:evilgrin: A THEIF IS A COMMON~MUTHA~'F**KER,ME;I'D CUT THE THEIF'S HAND OFF!:evilgrin: SEMPER~NO~NO:iwo:

thedrifter
02-04-07, 04:23 AM
Homeowner says retaliation behind vandalism <br />
<br />
Web Posted: 02/04/2007 01:22 AM CST <br />
<br />
Brian Chasnoff <br />
Express-News <br />
<br />
When authorities arrested a youth Friday in the burglary and vandalism of a...

Sgt Leprechaun
02-05-07, 06:50 AM
So, it's the entire "family". Good. These people should wake up to a flaming *hitbag on their front porch. Then again, they'd probably think it was a relative.

killerinstinct
02-05-07, 09:12 AM
over a friggin mutt? man im glad that punk got caught. I hope he gets ass raped in jail

Dmzkiller
11-14-07, 06:43 PM
I live out by there, but in Sattler. All these kids have to do, is to commit crime and drink. But thats the country life for you. Its funny how neighbors can retaliate like that.

Recon!
Dmzkiler
TF 160th SOAR
:bunny: :tank: :!:

jrhd97
11-14-07, 06:56 PM
They ought to tell the other inmates what this little s*** bag did, and why. :devious:
Shoot the d### dog next time.
We grew up in the sticks with nothng to do, still didnt manage to do anything that worthless. S*** bag

poolarnold
11-14-07, 07:14 PM
i realize i have no place to say anything in this conversation but....
i say send him to Parris Island and tell every Drill Instructor on the island of his actions....and if 3 months on PI doesnt straighten him out then idk what will....

jetdawgg
11-15-07, 08:26 AM
Better get OLE Sarge out there. I know that he has a thing or two for them
F@cking idiots