PDA

View Full Version : My First Marine Corps Tattoo.

HardJedi
02-01-07, 09:10 AM
Well, here I am, 12 years after leaving the service, and 15 years after getting my last tattoo. So, I decided the other day, I wanted a USMC tat, so I went out and got it. It is a band, wraping around my upper right thigh, with the the ttler USMC in the middle of it. I am very proud of it.

so am I wierd, for waiting that long to get a Marine tat?

Nother funny thing, the tat artist told me about three guy's who recvently came in, and were shipping out to booot camp in a month, and they all went ahead and got Eagle, Globe, and Anchor tats on thier chests. I just laughed, and told him what would probably happen to those poor idiots, and that he would be doing them a big favor by refusing to do such in the future again. He said he would think about it, but that he got paid to put on what people want, so there ya go.

any thoughts?

thedrifter
02-01-07, 09:38 AM
Where is the pix?

My opinion is they are still not a Marine..

I guess they never heard of the old saying...Don't count your goose before it is hatch...

My tattoo has USMC Wife...

Mark(fontman) says he wants it updated to say...times 2...;)

Ellie

HardJedi
02-01-07, 09:39 AM
i'll get a pic up as soon as i can. ;)

killerinstinct
02-01-07, 10:02 AM
Man someone in my same recieving platoon had an EGA on his chest and he got hammered for it specially because the anchor was going the wrong way.. You could only imagine even the corpsman were dogging him. But that's what he gets. hopefully those three get thru it would be very sad if they rocked out of bootcamp and went home with both shame and a tattoo of what they could never be

HardJedi
02-01-07, 10:06 AM
heck, Kille, that would be the FUNNY part to me ;)

capmarine
02-01-07, 09:48 PM
got mine at 50 something,from a retired SEAL.

1jarhead06
02-01-07, 11:59 PM
tats thats worst than my Marine stepdad leting me ware my marine red satin jacket that you got for recruiting some guys before boot they made me turn it in sde out lol .:evilgrin:

FistFu68
02-02-07, 12:41 AM
:evilgrin: HAVE EAGLE,GLOBE&ANCHOR;ON MY RIGHT HAND!MY FAVORITE SQUEEZE:iwo: OOOHRAH~S/F:usmc:

YLDNDN6
02-02-07, 06:42 AM
I got the letters USMC tattoo'd on my upper right arm just four years ago....I have been out since '87....the artist is a friend of mine who is a former Israeli commando.....you could say that I waited a while too!

Marine84
02-02-07, 07:33 AM
so am I wierd, for waiting that long to get a Marine tat

Hell no! I had been out for 16 years before I got mine - I have a set of Ordnance Wings across the small of my back (I just had her tilt the wings slightly so my butt wouldn't look too broad) :banana:

IYAOYAS baby!

DWG
02-02-07, 08:13 AM
Hell no! I had been out for 16 years before I got mine - I have a set of Ordnance Wings across the small of my back (I just had her tilt the wings slightly so my butt wouldn't look too broad) :banana:

IYAOYAS baby!

Sorry; I couldn't pass this one up!

WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST GET BIGGER WINGS?

:banana: :idea:

YLDNDN6
02-02-07, 08:31 AM
That is just WRONG, DW!!! LMAO!!!!!!

drumcorpssnare
02-02-07, 08:54 AM
D W- If there's a knock at your door....and you say, "Who is it?"....and the answer is, "KIM!!!"................DO NOT open the door! Retreat to your strongest, most defendable position!...........And get ready to meet you maker! LOL:banana:
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

montana
02-02-07, 08:59 AM
<----------<<< i like BIG WINGS

DWG
02-02-07, 09:38 AM
D W- If there's a knock at your door....and you say, "Who is it?"....and the answer is, "KIM!!!"................DO NOT open the door! Retreat to your strongest, most defendable position!...........And get ready to meet you maker! LOL

I've been through this before with both her and Drifter. I ain't scared of no GIRLS! (at least as long as they don't know where I live!;) ) Triple security, baby!!
:D

DWG
02-02-07, 09:41 AM
<----------<<< i like BIG WINGS

Yeah, you Big Sky cowboys like anything that don't go, Baaaaaa!
:banana: :D ;)

Usually!!!

RLeon
02-02-07, 09:41 AM
Better to get a USMC tat 50 years after your EARNED the title than when not even a boot yet.
I've been out 8 years, thinking about it too.:D
Funny, I was flipping through the channels yesterday and caught part of "Jarhead" and got, for the lack of a better term, "homesick"
:marine:

HardJedi
02-02-07, 10:07 AM
heck, I get " homesick" every time I see a Marine in the news. Especially when i read the casualty reports. :(:usmc:

Marine84
02-02-07, 10:39 AM
DW - cause I don't want my butt to look any bigger! It's a nice tat though. I'm also copyrighted (I have a little copyright sign with 1961) on my right hip.

davecerami275
02-02-07, 11:46 AM

IYAOYAS baby!

calling BS on this one 84 we need pics of the tat and the butt (preferably in bikini) so this can be properly evaluated!!!!!

SgtM
02-02-07, 11:50 AM
I've been out almost 7 years, and still waiting to get my first USMC tat. I know what I want, just need to find the right tattoo artist. I do have a friend who's brother tattoo's. She said she would talk to him about it for me. I'll post up a picture if/when I get the ink done.

drumcorpssnare
02-02-07, 12:00 PM
DW- Whenever I get female "sappers" inside my perimiter, I reach for my "weapon of choice"! (First they tremble...then they smile.):D

YLDNDN6
02-02-07, 12:23 PM
Then ya smack it three times and it goes off.....LOL

drumcorpssnare
02-02-07, 12:27 PM
....least it's not a "hang-fire"!!! LOL:banana:

DWG
02-02-07, 12:45 PM
DW - cause I don't want my butt to look any bigger! It's a nice tat though. I'm also copyrighted (I have a little copyright sign with 1961) on my right hip.
No; a small picture on a large canvas makes the canvas seem larger; and vice versa!
Don't you have to re-register a copyright every 20 yrs. or so?

yellowwing
02-02-07, 01:31 PM
I don't any ink. I do keep thinking about a plain one color Emblem just over my heart. Been thinking about it for the past 24 years.! :D

Marine84
02-02-07, 01:32 PM
calling BS on this one 84 we need pics of the tat and the butt (preferably in bikini) so this can be properly evaluated!!!!!

HAHAHAHA - YOU WISH! It's copywritten, you gotta pay!

drumcorpssnare
02-02-07, 01:39 PM
...how much? HAHAHAHA:banana:

lucien2
02-02-07, 02:13 PM
We had a guy that showed up to Parris Island with a USMC tat, he had to scrub it EVERY day until it bled! Use some common sense next time!

DWG
02-02-07, 03:32 PM
I don't any ink. I do keep thinking about a plain one color Emblem just over my heart. Been thinking about it for the past 24 years.! :D

My opinion; give it another 24 yrs. before you do something rash! painful, expensive, non removable-always convinced me to "just say no".

:thumbdown :D

FistFu68
02-02-07, 04:01 PM
:evilgrin: BIGGGG~WING'S~ NEED LOVIN'~TOO :D

Marine84
02-02-07, 08:43 PM
No; a small picture on a large canvas makes the canvas seem larger; and vice versa!
Don't you have to re-register a copyright every 20 yrs. or so?

Ain't been 20 yet thank you! Only been 6.

echo3oscar1833
02-02-07, 09:23 PM
Yeah I waited myself, until I got out. I got the letters USMC, on my upper right arm. Got it from a friend of mine who bought a tat gun(Did in my brothers living room at 3:00 am dont worry we bought all new needles and steralized the damn thing.). Had him mix some red and black ink thought it would look cool, turned out dark purple lol. Oh well still looks good. Hurt like a sunofa***** however made him set that needle as far as it would go, so it would be really dark, and wouldn't have to do a touch up later. Dont regret it one bit love that little tat only one I have and ever will have.

greensideout
02-02-07, 10:47 PM
"General, what do you think of HardJedi getting a tattoo?"

jinelson
02-02-07, 11:15 PM
Good shot Ron!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/froglaffing.gif

Jim

HardJedi
02-03-07, 12:29 AM
LMAO! and a hearty up yours too ;) lol