PDA

View Full Version : Widow Guilty In Marine Husband's Death

outlaw3179
01-30-07, 05:20 PM
:devious: SAN DIEGO -- A San Diego jury has found a Marine widow guilty of murdering her husband with arsenic to cash in on a quarter-million dollar insurance policy.

Prosecutors said 33-year-old Cynthia Sommer, of Wellington, Fla., poisoned Todd Sommer in 2002.

"The defendant had a preoccupation with money and she had a tendency to spend too much," Deputy District Attorney Laura Gunn said.

Prosecutors wrapped up their case against the mother of four last Thursday, Palm Beach, Fla., TV station WPBF reported.

Todd was thought to have died of natural causes, investigators said, until medical examiners found arsenic levels in his system 1,000 times above normal.

Defense Attorney Robert Udell said Sommer had nothing to do with her husband's death.

"Zero, nothing, nada, there's not one bit of evidence to connect her to the arsenic," Udell said.

According to prosecutors, Sommer was unfaithful to her husband and wanted to use the insurance money from his death for plastic surgery.

In the days following Todd's death, Sommer allegedly went on a shopping spree, had sex with several marines Marines and even received breast implants that cost $5,400, Gunn said.

"This is not somebody who's grieving. This is somebody who's celebrating. This is somebody who's actions tell the real story," Gunn said Thursday.

"She was out there having sex with person, after person, after person. She was having parties; she was getting breast implants," Gunn said Thursday.

Prosecutors said Sommer engaged in a strange pattern of behavior after her husband's death that they said proves she murdered her husband.

"The defendant knew even before Todd got wheeled all the way out of her bedroom that his death was gonna mean a lot of money for her," Gunn said.

On the stand, Sommer became emotional, especially when she recalled seeing her husband's body.

"I told him that I loved him, and I hugged him and I took his wedding ring off and I put it on my thumb," Sommer said.

Court watchers said the case is based solely on circumstantial evidence and that prosecutors did not provide the smoking gun that links Sommer to the arsenic that killed her husband, WPBF-TV reported.

Fry that piece of s*it!

davecerami275
01-30-07, 05:28 PM
rot In Hell You Fu(king
BICHTe!!!!

3077India
01-30-07, 05:37 PM
B***h Deserves Everything She Gets, But Does California Still Have The Death Penalty? If So She Should Be Drawn And Quartered.

davecerami275
01-30-07, 05:44 PM
This bichte will be hanging out on death row with the menendez brothers, and scott peterson.

FistFu68
01-30-07, 06:40 PM
:evilgrin: LESSON LEARNED?MEN, COOK OUR OWN CHOW!!!:evilgrin:

iamcloudlander
01-30-07, 06:47 PM
she hasn't been sentenced until March 23 but will get life with no chance of parole according to her lawyer. Saw judge read verdict to her on court tv.
yes we do have the death penalty in California

Bozooka
01-30-07, 07:29 PM
I watched the verdict on TV. I was crying for our brother and laughed my a-ss off when she was convicted! I hope she gets what she deserves DEATH!

bigdog43701
01-30-07, 08:00 PM
according to the coverage on Court TV all she's going to get if life in prison. bet she'll apeal. criminals have all the rights and the victims none.

Bozooka
01-30-07, 08:48 PM
according to the coverage on Court TV all she's going to get if life in prison. bet she'll apeal. criminals have all the rights and the victims none.

Well let her rot then.. Better yet I hope another inmate really loves her to DEATH!!!!!:devious:

Sgt Leprechaun
01-31-07, 05:54 AM
F**k**g *unt should be sent to Pelican Bay and given to the prisoners there as a "present" for "good behavior".

bigdog43701
01-31-07, 06:28 AM
apparently she can't lick worth a damn...several times she sowed up for court with a black eye that her lover gave her. let her rot.

ggyoung
01-31-07, 01:26 PM
Seet her free at Camp Pendelton right by the PX at 1230hrs with no MPs around on pay day.