PDA

View Full Version : Hello

acidtuch10
02-08-03, 11:28 AM
Hello,

Browsing the forums, I couldn't find a tread for introductions or other .. So I assume here would be fine. Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and intoduce my self. I spent 5 yrs active @ Lejuene (2nd MAR DIV - Weapons Co, Unitas, 2nd LAR and three years in the reserves in AZ.

Wish all the Best and take care

Dave

:)

thedrifter
02-08-03, 11:32 AM
Welcome Aboard to the Best Marine Site on the net. Also welcome to your home away from home................
We have a great crew of Marines in here from WW II to the present............
Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile.........Get a chance stop over at the Slope Chute, Gary and I will buy you a few drinks........But watch out for Chesty.......likes his beer, only dog I found could open a beer can........LOL

"AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD."

Sempers,

Roger

greybeard
02-08-03, 12:01 PM
Welcome aboard. 5 yrs @ Lejune? All in one stretch?????Damnnnnn-who'd you pis* off???

There's a few polls being run on several subjects-could use some more input. Might be some coffee left over in the shop-or an eye opener if ya need something stronger after a hard saturday night-go over to the chute. If ya need some pointers on how ta post, talk to Earl. :) . (& don't be takin my cup-it's the one with only one boob left on it. Broke the other one off in a disagreement down at the eclub in gtmo.)
(sorry Earl, just yanking your chain this mornin)
If politics is your bag-well, there's always a few of those topics, but they are kinda short lived it seems. Tazz may be around today to change that tho. ;) (thought I didn't see ya sneak in huh?)

FREDDY
02-08-03, 01:01 PM
who were you with in the 2nd ??

acidtuch10
02-08-03, 04:29 PM
5 years ya --- extended my contract for UNITAS "float down south- did two - had to extend for the 2nd one cause my contract was ending.... In 2nd I was with Weapons Co. -mortors plt- MOS0341 - We did africa in '96 part of the 22 MEU..... PS --- how do I post my lil' rank pic under my name ? and hash mark ?

Thanks

thedrifter
02-08-03, 04:47 PM
acidtuch10

go under user cp...top of page....click on the link....
then go to edit profile.....
under birthday you will see.....Hashmark....put in amount of year(s)....
go to the bottom...click on submit modifactions....

then under user cp click on edit options....
on the bottom you will see avatars...click on more info....choose your rank...
then click on submit modifications.....

Sempers,

Roger

acidtuch10
02-08-03, 04:52 PM
Thank you ! :-)

JAMarine
02-08-03, 07:46 PM
Welcome Home Marine!
Grab a squat and throw ya gear on an empty rack.
Glad your here.

acidtuch10
02-08-03, 08:07 PM
Anyone happen, to have been with the 2nd MAR DIV ? Weapons Co. In particular?

JAMarine = Thank you for the Welcome !

mrbsox
02-25-03, 05:54 PM
acidtuch10

I was with Weapons (81's) 3/6 from 77 to 79

Terry

fishon
03-24-03, 09:17 AM
Welcome aboard Marine to the best site in the world. U R among the Proud The Few and the Best. Try going to the Slop Shute. Best Place in town to sit and have a Brew with UR Brothers and pass the time of Day. Semper Fi
Frank (Fishon)

acidtuch10
03-24-03, 10:00 AM
Thank you ----- Will do that :-)

Shilo
05-02-03, 03:58 AM
acidtuch10, I too was looking for a place to introduce myself and say hello. I saw your thread and hoped ya'll wouldn't mind me saying a few words. :)

I was in the Corps 5 years, from 92-97 (extra year due to an extention )..I was stationed at Camp Lejeune, H&S Bn. 2nd FSSG and was a 3381 (Marine Cook) I'm now married to a Marine.

Anyhoo..just wanted to say Hello to ya'll..I dont drink so I'll have to pass on the beer...like coffee though :D

Semper Fi Marines
Catherine
(Cat.. to my friends)

mrbsox
05-02-03, 08:34 AM
Cat,

Welcome aboard. They do have a coffee pot in the Slop Shute, but you'd probably have to wash it, stearalize it, and bring your own coffee :D

'bones makes the best coffee around (next to Ms. Ellie). Stop into the 'Morning Coffee' for a cup and read the paper.

'bones is 'TAD' right now, but we keep trying to 'get it right' without him. Thedrifter is keeping up with the coffee (hummmmm, note to self, drifters coffee tastes like Ms. Ellies), but welcome aboard. Get YOUR Marine in here too.

Terry

JChristin
05-02-03, 11:09 AM
Hey Catherine,

Welcome aboard. Glad to have another WM around. We've got to keep a few of these unruly MM standing on line. Like you, I drink coffee, nothing else. Caffein and I do fine alone. Heck, I'm crazy enough without adding anything else.

Time to go read the newspapers, sip hot joe, brush the teeth, and smile till the sunsets.

simper fi,
jchristin

thedrifter
05-02-03, 12:46 PM
Welcome Aboard to the Best Marine Site on the net. Also welcome to your home away from home................
We have a great crew of Marines in here from WW II to the present............
Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile.........

"AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD."

Sempers,

Roger

Shilo
05-03-03, 03:05 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys! :)

They do have a coffee pot in the Slop Shute, but you'd probably have to wash it, stearalize it, and bring your own coffee Thanks for the heads up! LOL
*note to self...bring own coffee pot and coffee..or hit Bones or Ms. Ellie up for some.."

I drink coffee, nothing else. Caffein and I do fine alone. Heck, I'm crazy enough without adding anything else. I can SO relate to that!
Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile......... Thanks Drifter! I'll do that! Seems like a real nice bunch ya got here on this board! :)

rsta
05-03-03, 07:46 AM
Hello to you all!

I too am new to this site and have been scanning around looking for a place to jump in. This appears to be it.

I was in the Corps from '67-'71 with an mos of 6721, air traffic controller. I served with MATCU-69 at MCAS Beaufort, and spent two 6-month TAD tours at NS Roosevelt Roads,PR.

I've enjoyed reading the posts and am looking forward to getting acquainted with all of you.

Bob

Shilo
05-03-03, 08:27 AM
Hello Bob!

Nice to meet ya!
Being an Air Taffic Controller had to be exciting! I bet there weren't too many dull moments! :)

thedrifter
05-03-03, 03:11 PM
rsta

Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile.........Get a chance stop over at the Slope Chute, Gary and I will buy you a few drinks........But watch out for Chesty.......likes his beer, only dog I found could open a beer can........LOL

"AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD."

Sempers,

Roger

SHOOTER1
05-03-03, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Shilo
acidtuch10, I too was looking for a place to introduce myself and say hello. I saw your thread and hoped ya'll wouldn't mind me saying a few words. :)

I was in the Corps 5 years, from 92-97 (extra year due to an extention )..I was stationed at Camp Lejeune, H&S Bn. 2nd FSSG and was a 3381 (Marine Cook) I'm now married to a Marine.

Anyhoo..just wanted to say Hello to ya'll..I dont drink so I'll have to pass on the beer...like coffee though :D

Semper Fi Marines
Catherine
(Cat.. to my friends) Shilo=Cat,to your friends, we are still friends right? Glad to see ya here,been missing your posts,stay in the shade ,later.;)