PDA

View Full Version : Forum Members & Light Bulbs

Phantom Blooper
01-23-07, 05:45 AM
How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been
changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the
light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

1 to move it to the Lighting section.

2 to argue, then move it to the Electrical section.

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

5 to flame the spell checkers.

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "light bulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6
to condemn those 6 as stupid.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is
"lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light
bulb" is perfectly correct.

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take
this discussion to a light bulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light
bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where
to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for
this technique and what brands are faulty.

7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the
corrected URLs.

3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to
this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they
cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions
about light bulbs."

3 to debate which is more efficient fluorescent or incandescent.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and
start it all over again."

crate78
01-23-07, 08:53 AM
Good one! And there's a lot of truth to it.

crate

HardJedi
01-23-07, 09:22 AM
thats pretty damn funny!:thumbup:

YLDNDN6
01-23-07, 09:42 AM
Great post!!! And, the GE 60-watt soft white are by far the best light bulbs on the market, hands down!

DWG
01-23-07, 09:51 AM
And one to post that Smedley Darlington Butler warned us about the dangers of light bulbs in 1939 and we should have paid attention then!
:banana: :idea: :banana:

HardJedi
01-23-07, 10:01 AM
And one to post that Smedley Darlington Butler warned us about the dangers of light bulbs in 1939 and we should have paid attention then!
:banana: :idea: :banana:

LMAO! burn 10thZ!

yellowwing
01-23-07, 10:56 AM
Don't forget the 3 members that will point out that it was Clinton's fault that the bulb burnt out in the first place.

4 that claim if it was up to the liberals we'd all be using candles.

And that 1 member that just knows the republicans could get a dead monkey to change that bulb. :D

DWG
01-23-07, 11:25 AM
And of course someone would check out "Snopes" to find out if the bulb had actually burned out in the first place!!
:scared: :idea:

SkilletsUSMC
01-23-07, 11:53 AM
And SunMAn will remind us that we must treat all types of bulbs with respect including burnt out ones, because we have the moral high ground.

10thzodiac
01-23-07, 11:56 AM
One night when my charge was pretty high, I, Micro Farad Zodiac decided to try and get a cute little coil to let me discharge. I picked up Millie Amp and took her for a ride on my megacycle. We rode...

DWG
01-23-07, 12:04 PM
Thanks for sharing that Z. I kinda feel like smoking a cigarette and powering down for awhile after that one!:D :banana:

yellowwing
01-23-07, 12:05 PM
That's just re-volting :(

DWG
01-23-07, 12:08 PM
That's just re-volting :(

LMAO! :D

YLDNDN6
01-23-07, 12:12 PM
Ohm-I-God!!! I laughed so hard my mega hurts!!!

drumcorpssnare
01-23-07, 12:22 PM
10thz- LMAO !!!! And all this time I thought you just put on your "tin foil hat" and ran around in lightning storms!!!

Kinda reminiscent of the "Cigarrette Parade".....One Kool day, Phillip Morris met Virginia Slim. They went to the Raleigh Hotel and jumped in the Old Gold bed. He stuck his 'extra-length' filter into her 'flip-top box.' After nine months, if she didn't look like a Camel, it would be a Lucky Strike!

drumcorpssnare:usmc:

ggyoung
01-23-07, 12:38 PM
10 What has happened? This is the 1st time you have said something that makes cents. There just might be hope for you yet.

rb1651
01-23-07, 02:33 PM
10th, that's a good one!!! LMAO :thumbup:

greensideout
01-23-07, 04:31 PM
This has got to be the most witty and humorous thread that I have ever read on this site! Thanks for the laughs Phantom Blooper!!!

davecerami275
01-23-07, 07:10 PM
damm good thing we did not need a ladder to reach the bulb

outlaw3179
01-23-07, 07:21 PM
lol..good post.

davecerami275
01-23-07, 07:28 PM
all these poolees we got in here and they let our light bulbs burn out????WHICHEVER POOLEE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CHANGING OUR LIGHT BULBS, GET YOUR AZZ UP THERE AND CHANGE OUR BULB SO WE CAN STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!!!!

10thzodiac
01-23-07, 07:59 PM
As a maintenance electrician I have seen one electrician check everything on a machine why a light wasn't working before figuring out it was a burnt out bulb.

I must confess, but on a little higher plateau, I had a machine where a strobe light wasn't working for balancing armatures for motors. I went though all the electrical and electronics first. Hey, strobe lights aren't really light bulbs are they http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/11.gif

Experts make their mistakes quietly http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/27.gif

It was a non-union job and I never liked taking orders from people that were dumber than me. I quit got fired.

Phantom Blooper
01-23-07, 08:37 PM
At least one that will swear that the use of light bulbs is a contributing factor in Global Warming . Maybe Smedley knows something about this...he seems to be abreast of everything else.

yellowwing
01-23-07, 08:41 PM
Exactly! You need lots of light bulbs in these military industrial complexes. :idea:
And you can read a newspaper a half mile from these oil refineries at night :idea:

Phantom Blooper
01-23-07, 09:28 PM
Q: How many believable, competent, presidential candidates for 2008 does it take to change a light bulb? :idea:

A: It's going to be a dark 4 years, isn't it? :idea:

10thzodiac
01-23-07, 09:34 PM
One thing about our Smedley, how many of us Marines would suffer a heart attack and still finish a force march ? Bet ya didn't know that ?

Phantom Blooper
01-31-07, 02:46 PM
Might California Ban the Old Bulb?
By LAURA KURTZMAN (Associated Press Writer)
From Associated Press
January 31, 2007 1:23 PM EST

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - How many people does it take to change a light bulb? In California, the answer could be a majority of the Legislature.
The electricity-wasting incandescent bulb would be banned - replaced by energy efficient compact fluorescents - under a bill that Assemblyman Lloyd Levine plans to introduce.
He says the spiral light sources are so efficient that consumers should be forced to use them. The compact bulbs use one-fourth the electricity spent in an equivalent incandescent.
"Incandescent light bulbs were first developed almost 125 years ago, and since that time they have undergone no major modifications," said Levine, a Democrat from Los Angeles, said in a news release Tuesday. "It's time to take a step forward."
The bulb bill was not yet on the legislative calendar. Last year, the Legislature passed a Levine bill that requires large supermarkets to recycle plastic bags. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed that bill but has not taken a position on the light bulb proposal.
Assemblyman Jared Huffman, who represents San Rafael, is working on a similar bill.
Critics say people should be allowed to make their own choices about which bulbs they buy, but Levine, who heads the Assembly's Utilities and Commerce Committee, points out that electric utilities give them away.

10thzodiac
02-01-07, 02:08 PM
For years, it has been believed that electric bulbs emit light, but recent information has proved otherwise. Electric bulbs don't emit light; they suck dark. Thus, we call these bulbs Dark Suckers.

The Dark Sucker Theory and the existence of dark suckers prove that dark has mass and is heavier than light.

First, the basis of the Dark Sucker Theory is that electric bulbs suck dark. For example, take the Dark Sucker in the room you are in. There is much less dark right next to it than there is elsewhere. The larger the Dark Sucker, the greater its capacity to to suck dark. Dark Suckers in the parking lot have a much greater capacity to suck dark than the ones in this room.

So with all things, Dark Suckers don't last forever. Once they are full of dark, they can no longer suck. This is proven by the dark spot on a full Dark Sucker.

A candle is a primitive Dark Sucker. A new candle has a white wick. You can see that after the first use, the wick turns black, representing all the dark that has been sucked into it. If you put a pencil next to the wick of an operating candle, it will turn black. This is because it got in the way of the dark flowing into the candle. One of the disadvantages of these primitive Dark Suckers is their limited range.

There are also portable Dark Suckers. In these, the bulbs can't handle all the dark by themselves and must be aided by a Dark Storage Unit. When the Dark Storage Unit is full, it must be either emptied or replaced before the portable Dark Sucker can operate again.

Dark has mass. When dark goes into a Dark Sucker, friction from the mass generates heat. Thus, it is not wise to touch an operating Dark Sucker. Candles present a special problem as the mass must travel into a solid wick instead of through clear glass. This generates a great amount of heat and therefore it's not wise to touch an operating candle.

Also, dark is heavier than light. If you were to swim just below the surface of the lake, you would see a lot of light. If you were to slowly swim deeper and deeper, you would notice it getting darker and darker. When you get really deep, you would be in total darkness. This is because the heavier dark sinks to the bottom of the lake and the lighter light floats at the top. The is why it is called light.

Finally, we must prove that dark is faster than light. If you were to stand in a lit room in front of a closed, dark closet, and slowly opened the closet door, you would see the light slowly enter the closet. But since dark is so fast, you would not be able to see the dark leave the closet.

Next time you see an electric bulb, remember that it is a Dark Sucker.

10thz http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/22.gif

Phantom Blooper
07-23-07, 06:35 AM
How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been
changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the
light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

1 to move it to the Lighting section.

2 to argue, then move it to the Electrical section.

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

5 to flame the spell checkers.

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "light bulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6
to condemn those 6 as stupid.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is
"lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light
bulb" is perfectly correct.

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take
this discussion to a light bulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light
bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where
to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for
this technique and what brands are faulty.

7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the
corrected URLs.

3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to
this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they
cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions
about light bulbs."

3 to debate which is more efficient fluorescent or incandescent.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and
start it all over again."

ROTFLMAO!!!!!:beer:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->