PDA

View Full Version : MOS 70 question

FutureUSMC04
07-11-02, 08:20 PM
Im a 16 year old and i plan on joining the beloved Corps as soon as i graduate from highschool. I am intersted in learning more about this field. Aircrafts have always struck me as great. So any information on it would be grea. God Bles and SF

Sixguns
07-11-02, 09:14 PM
You might want to be more specific about this career field. There are many individual jobs contained in it. If you are interested in actually working on aircraft, you need to look at Occ Fields 60 and 61. Based on whether your interest is in fix-wing (jet) aircraft or rotor (helicopters) would determine which Occ Field would be applicable.

One thing you can do is register at the Marine Corps web site, Marines.com and you can get information via regular mail. Another is to visit your local recruiter to get an idea of occupational specialties. You can also check online for information.

Please understand that you must be at least 17 years old to even be considered for enlistment. You need to continue your education and get in good physical and mental shape. I wish you success in your pursuit of becoming a Marine.

Sixguns

FutureUSMC04
07-11-02, 10:17 PM
yes i know. i play football and track and field. and i get A's and B's all through out the year. but im sticking with my education. the field i was most interested in is Aircraft Recovery, possibly working on fix-winged planes. i still havea year or 2 to think about it tho, thank you for the reply