PDA

View Full Version : Accord's first letter from boot...

Achped
01-19-07, 12:53 PM
Sup Matt, I'm at PI and receiving f*ing sucks azz. We were awake for the first 52 hours on the island and the DI's in EOEC were f*ing babies compared to this sh** in real life. We were woken up at 0245 this morning because a recruit escaped from our platoon while on firewatch and we got F*ED UP (underlined lol) Receiving is boring as sh** and your worst enemy is keeping your eyes open. Get at least 12 hours of sleep before you ship. Also, this place is insane, it feels like a time warp back to the 1940s. In the beginning its just crazy. No talk of moto sh** or anything, our platoon started with 90 recruits, and we're already down to 80 and haven't even started the IST yet, when we do that we are easily going to lose at least 30 recruits.

That's pretty much it for now, but PI is nothing like any of that stuff on TV, and I can honestly say that FMJ is a better representation of PI and the DIs than EOEC.

Then he goes on to mention one more thing about how a DI was charging through the chow hall as he was walking to his table, and....well he specifically said to not say anything more.

P.S. I have not sh** in five days.

davecerami275
01-19-07, 01:08 PM
what??? youre not going to post his address??????????/
lol

Marine84
01-19-07, 01:21 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Read and heed Poolees - here's one of ya'll going through it RIGHT NOW - this kid will have amazing stories when he's done.

thedrifter
01-19-07, 01:47 PM
I should make a call to one of my favorite DI there this weekend...;) :D

Ellie

DWG
01-19-07, 01:52 PM
To paraphrase M84-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahaha

They just WILL NOT believe it until it hits them in the face!
:banana: :D :banana:

devildoghopeful
01-19-07, 02:03 PM
Sounds like he's having fun ;).

Make sure to post all his letters (obviously not the private ones) on this thread, they make fun but more importantly educational reading for the rest of us wannabes/poolees!

Send him my best wishes in the next letter!

-Alex

Allen870922
01-19-07, 02:38 PM
Sounds about the way it went for all of us. Except, I didn't have anyone in my first platoon ever try to escape. Happens more in MRP, EHP, and so on.

And that thing about him not sh*tting for 5 days.... Yeah, that happend to me too. The first month I think I only sh*t 5 times.

FistFu68
01-19-07, 03:14 PM
:evilgrin: PLEASURE ISLAND :evilgrin:

Master Sephiroth
01-19-07, 04:02 PM
What is the EOEC?

Marine84
01-19-07, 04:12 PM
What is the EOEC?

Ears Open Eyeballs Click DVD

DWG
01-19-07, 04:37 PM
What is the EOEC?

"There is no try; only do, or not do." Yoda

eipoth
01-19-07, 07:59 PM
Just out of curiousity, what training battalion is he in?

Achped
01-19-07, 10:21 PM
2nd bn

DeJayP
01-19-07, 11:29 PM
Sup Matt, I'm at PI and receiving f*ing sucks azz. We were awake for the first 52 hours on the island and the DI's in EOEC were f*ing babies compared to this sh** in real life. We were woken up at 0245 this morning because a recruit escaped from our platoon while on firewatch and we got F*ED UP (underlined lol) Receiving is boring as sh** and your worst enemy is keeping your eyes open. Get at least 12 hours of sleep before you ship. Also, this place is insane, it feels like a time warp back to the 1940s. In the beginning its just crazy. No talk of moto sh** or anything, our platoon started with 90 recruits, and we're already down to 80 and haven't even started the IST yet, when we do that we are easily going to lose at least 30 recruits.

That's pretty much it for now, but PI is nothing like any of that stuff on TV, and I can honestly say that FMJ is a better representation of PI and the DIs than EOEC.

Then he goes on to mention one more thing about how a DI was charging through the chow hall as he was walking to his table, and....well he specifically said to not say anything more.

Welcome, to the first steps, to the gates of our world:flag: :marine:

Allen870922
01-19-07, 11:41 PM
2nd bn

"Second to none"

Echo_Four_Bravo
01-20-07, 12:16 AM
An address would be nice... I guess I could track it down myself though.

SkilletsUSMC
01-20-07, 12:28 AM
Sup Matt, I'm at PI and receiving f*ing sucks azz. We were awake for the first 52 hours on the island and the DI's in EOEC were f*ing babies compared to this sh** in real life.

From what I saw of that video, it was a total joke. I remember comming home and watching FMJ and thinking that it was easy looking compared to real bootcamp. Once I returned from boot, I sat down with a real salt-dog Veitnam vet and told him about all the evil stuff the DIs did to us and he sounded pleased. I think he thought that it has gotten more PC than it really is. Knowing that our DIs had no mercy for us made me feel better about earning the title. I wish some of the Old Corps types could get to see recruit training nowdays with out the cammeras, or officers looking on. There was a time I truely believed my kill hat was ACTUALLY going to KILL someone.

USMCVet1992
01-20-07, 07:08 AM
Sup Matt, I'm at PI and receiving f*ing sucks azz. We were awake for the first 52 hours on the island and the DI's in EOEC were f*ing babies compared to this sh** in real life.

Remember EOEC, while a true account is still a film. The only way you will EVER appreciate Marine Corps Recruit Training, is to experience it first hand, as I am sure he can attest to right about now...LOL I am sure that the appreciation is flowing through his sweat glands... Good luck to this Recruit.:usmc:

Old Marine
01-20-07, 08:40 AM
Sounds like you might want to send Accord some PRUNE JUICE.

DWG
01-20-07, 08:46 AM
Sounds like you might want to send Accord some PRUNE JUICE.

And a lot of people think the term "scared sh*tless" is just an expression!
:banana: :D

dodint
01-20-07, 12:26 PM

I didn't go until after Training Day 10, and even then I needed a laxative the SDI gave me. I swear it's the box chow that does it.

jm4magic
01-20-07, 02:07 PM
Damn

Old Marine
01-21-07, 08:33 AM
Could be because of all the salt-peter that they load the chow with. Oh Yea, I forgot, the salt-peter is for the other end.

Marine84
01-21-07, 10:02 AM
And a lot of people think the term "scared sh*tless" is just an expression!
:banana: :D

LOL! Ya'll ought to have to face a sleepy b!tch that somebody had to wake up in the middle of the night to let some straggler (me) in..............I think I was behind on everything from that day on :) - it's funny as hell looking back on it but at the time it DOES scare the $h!t out of you. AND, as an added bonus (and not meaning to be too personal with the guys in the house) - it cuts periods off with us as well. Your body goes through that "WTF?" stage.

DWG
01-21-07, 10:10 AM
LOL! AND, as an added bonus (and not meaning to be too personal with the guys in the house) - it cuts periods off with us as well. Your body goes through that "WTF?" stage.

TOO much info.:scared:

Receiving is burned into my mind and this brought it back-nothing distinct, just a LOUD, terrifying blur in hell where the lights were always on and everybody in uniform was mad as a wet hornet and screaming!(at me!)
:(

Marine84
01-21-07, 10:17 AM
and the only thing you can think of is WTF? why are they all so pi$$ed off and ESPECIALLY at me (it seems)?

And the receiving DIs aren't even as mad as the ones you get the following week that stay with you for the remainder of bootcamp!

And.................moving fast as you can to do something and then have to sit and wait and study your little handbook - I thought WHY are we in SUCH a freakin' HURRY to do ANYTHING here? Clean what? AGAIN? We just did it THIS MORNING!

DWG
01-21-07, 10:20 AM
and the only thing you can think of is WTF? why are they all so pi$$ed off and ESPECIALLY at me (it seems)?

And the receiving DIs aren't even as mad as the ones you get the following week that stay with you for the remainder of bootcamp!

And.................moving fast as you can to do something and then have to sit and wait and study your little handbook - I thought WHY are we in SUCH a freakin' HURRY to do ANYTHING here? Clean what? AGAIN? We just did it THIS MORNING!

Amen to everything except the DIs. Maybe I wasn't as shocked by the time we got out of receiving but, the DIs in receiving just seemed insane to me at the time. Our Series DIs at least, usually, had a reason for going psycho on us. We seemed to always be able to do something stupid to cause it!

3077India
01-21-07, 02:12 PM
One already escaped while they were just in Receiving, he must not have talked to anyone other than his recruiter. That is really sad.

SkilletsUSMC
01-21-07, 11:34 PM
LOL! Ya'll ought to have to face a sleepy b!tch that somebody had to wake up in the middle of the night to let some straggler (me) in..............I think I was behind on everything from that day on :) - it's funny as hell looking back on it but at the time it DOES scare the $h!t out of you. AND, as an added bonus (and not meaning to be too personal with the guys in the house) - it cuts periods off with us as well. Your body goes through that "WTF?" stage.

Well if youre gonna get gross.......................I have yet to meet a male Marine who claims to have had a stiffy in Boot Camp.......................:D

Christ0ph
01-21-07, 11:55 PM
80 out 90 left after recieving? What will get you kicked out in recieving? I would think that if you can make it that far you can at least make it past recieving????

USMC90
01-22-07, 12:01 AM
Excuse my stupidity, but what's receiving?

-Mike :flag:

Master Sephiroth
01-22-07, 05:43 AM
When you get to boot, you spend a week before the actual training in receiving. Every Marine I speak to speaks about receiving as though it were the seventh layer of hell

DWG
01-22-07, 06:31 AM
When you get to boot, you spend a week before the actual training in receiving. Every Marine I speak to speaks about receiving as though it were the seventh layer of hell

Oh No! Receiving is what you go through before you move UP to the seventh layer of hell!
:mad:

DWG
01-22-07, 06:35 AM
Well if youre gonna get gross.......................I have yet to meet a male Marine who claims to have had a stiffy in Boot Camp.......................
Any one that would admit to that would be suspect in my mind!:confused:

Oh, yeth! Boot camp and all those male bodies just got me so hot!:scared: :evilgrin:

3077India
01-22-07, 06:54 AM
Any one that would admit to that would be suspect in my mind!:confused:

Oh, yeth! Boot camp and all those male bodies just got me so hot!:scared: :evilgrin:Never happened to me either. There was a rumor floating that they put something in the food or they gave us some kind of shot to keep our erections under wrap. I always thought it was just a rumor.

DWG
01-22-07, 07:18 AM
Never happened to me either. There was a rumor floating that they put something in the food or they gave us some kind of shot to keep our erections under wrap. I always thought it was just a rumor.

Personally, I think you're just too damn tired to even think about sex, even sub-consciously, during your PI/SD vacation! I've always doubted the rumors over food additives. Hell, you have boots working in the kitchen, someone would have noticed and commented on it by now! Pure exhaustion, nothing more!
:D

Echo_Four_Bravo
01-22-07, 08:40 PM
They clearly don't put anythng in the food. The DI's eat the chow as well. And you know they aren't going to go their entire tour of the Depot without having that body part perform.

Ultimawpnx
01-22-07, 09:15 PM
Excuse my 2 cents, but I heard they put something in the water at the Army boot camp, maybe they do it at PI/SD also?:beer: :confused:

BR34
01-22-07, 09:33 PM
I couldn't care less. I'm leaving my wife for 13 weeks. I don't want to wake up every morning pitching a tent in my little green shorts, while surrounded by 70 other men doing the same.

As long as it works April 28th ( my birthday and the Saturday following boot camp graduation ) I'll be just fine.

Allen870922
01-22-07, 09:42 PM
I always thought it was just the shots they gave us.

YLDNDN6
01-23-07, 06:17 AM
Back in '83 we joked about salt peter in the food, but it seems that I did hear that one of the shots we got was what did it to us. I have always doubted that, too, because less than 2 hours after "Dismissed" my girl did inspection arms and it was in perfect working order! What shot could they give you that would wear off exactly on grad day???

Allen870922
01-23-07, 06:32 AM
I noticed mine to wear off a little over 2 months from seeing so many family day ladies wandering around. Close to my 5th month I noticed getting morning wood back because of my great dreams. Least I always woke up atleast 30 minutes to lights all the time. So it gave me plenty of time to bring it down before having to stand on line. Cause I wasn't gonna come on line with a tent. I'd rather take the ass chewing from the DI than get out of the rack with it.:p

drumcorpssnare
01-23-07, 12:57 PM
Don't remember ever worryin' about this topic when I was a boot. But it did give me an idea.....

If I had it to do over again, I'd bring a "G.I. Joe" kakhi shirt and same size Smokey the Bear cover with me to boot camp.
Then, if I woke up with "wood"...I'd dress it up with shirt and cover, and let him stick out the front of the old skivvies.
My Sr. Drill Instructor- "Pvt. Dewine...WTF is that stickin outta your damn skivvies?"
Me- "Sir, that's my 12" Drill Instructor...SIR!"

drumcorpssnare:usmc:

DWG
01-23-07, 01:28 PM
Don't remember ever worryin' about this topic when I was a boot. But it did give me an idea.....

If I had it to do over again, I'd bring a "G.I. Joe" kakhi shirt and same size Smokey the Bear cover with me to boot camp.
Then, if I woke up with "wood"...I'd dress it up with shirt and cover, and let him stick out the front of the old skivvies.
My Sr. Drill Instructor- "Pvt. Dewine...WTF is that stickin outta your damn skivvies?"
Me- "Sir, that's my 12" Drill Instructor...SIR!"

drumcorpssnare:usmc:

Yeah! I'm sure you would! :evilgrin: =:cry:

killerinstinct
01-23-07, 02:01 PM
well hopefully he learned where the forks are. Im not sure bout you but my first time goign to the chow hall i heard nothing but one hsot one kill and got to eat with a knife. But i learned where the forks were real quick.

Master Sephiroth
01-23-07, 05:19 PM
Oh No! Receiving is what you go through before you move UP to the seventh layer of hell!
:mad:

Oh so it's purgatory? lol

DWG
01-23-07, 05:31 PM
Oh so it's purgatory? lol

Wrong starting point! You are at the wrong end.

3077India
01-23-07, 06:57 PM
Receiving is the calm before the storm. :confused: