PDA

View Full Version : Former Marine reenlistment

jkcvole
01-17-07, 06:55 PM
Alright here is the case, ill keep it short and to the point:
RE4 for a PD, E-3 with 9 months in. No chapter 10's nor NJP's.
I'm not going to cover my tracks, but we all know young Marines can be stupid, and I've grown up to relise where I need to be.

What are my options? I've talked with my local recruiting station(s), and they will not take on the RE4. I'm probably going to answer my own question, but one option I could take would be the review boards: Any other paths I could follow?

3077India
01-17-07, 07:04 PM
Have you considered writing a letter to the Commandant explaining your desire for renewed service in the Corps? By the way did you get a General Discharge or was it honorable?

jkcvole
01-17-07, 07:11 PM
Honorable discharge. Honestly, writing a letter to the Commandant hasn't come up on the list, yet. Interesting idea though. The chances of it being read are slim I bet.

3077India
01-17-07, 07:16 PM
At best the letter would be read by one of his staffers who might bring it to his attention, but it's worth a shot.

jinelson
01-17-07, 08:25 PM
I would go with the chain of command and write the Sergeant Major Of The Marine Corps convince him of your sincerity and he will convince the old man.

Jim

hrscowboy
01-17-07, 09:48 PM
Damn jim does this mean we can go back in??

greensideout
01-17-07, 11:29 PM
A while back at work a reserve soldier was ordered to Ft Polk for training before going on overseas deployment. I told him that I wished that I was going with him as I had been there as a kid. He looked at me, shook his head with a grin and said, "you're too old".

So the answer is NO cowboy---LOL.

3077India
01-18-07, 01:16 AM
If the Marines were to suddenly raise their enlistment age as the Army has done (Army raised their's to 41, and I know their's no chance of that), I'd be at the nearest Marine Recruiter's office the very next day. Alas, that isn't to be. :cry:

echo3oscar1833
01-18-07, 10:39 AM
You can write a letter, and I would say its a good idea. I was medically discharged three years ago, with a Full Honorable Dishcarge, got to keep all awards, and the title Marine. The medical issue...

3077India
01-18-07, 08:34 PM
Gee, wish I had this kind of advice 10 years ago. It would've been very helpful in appealling my situation to the commandant.

echo3oscar1833
01-20-07, 12:50 AM
Gee, wish I had this kind of advice 10 years ago. It would've been very helpful in appealling my situation to the commandant.

What did you get seperated for.

"Outstanding":marine:

Ceya
01-20-07, 11:10 AM
Do like I did, find your old Comanders( Company , Battalion) shoot one to them, now go to your Gunnys, Tops,1st Sgts, MGunns and Sgt Majors and shoot them off one too.

PFT is up on the list. Medical also.

Find people you knew that are still active who can also help on the inside.

For me my disability gotten worse. I only had to run a PFT but can't run.
They just pass an MARADMIN that you can be out 4 years and keep your rank.

MARADMIN 632/06MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC

S/F,
CEYA!

ErikHeiker
01-22-07, 01:25 AM
A while back at work a reserve soldier was ordered to Ft Polk for training before going on overseas deployment. I told him that I wished that I was going with him as I had been there as a kid. He looked at me, shook his head with a grin and said, "you're too old".

So the answer is NO cowboy---LOL.

I was on a C-130 crew in Afghanistan where I was the youngest enlisted person, and I'm 52. I saw people there that had to be just shy of 60.

10thzodiac
01-22-07, 02:24 AM
In the '60's I knew a comm pogue that had a Bad Conduct Discharge from the Navy. He told me that he wrote the Commandant and asked him to give him another chance by letting him join the Marines. <br />