PDA

View Full Version : A Former Marine Needs Info

G8RH8R
01-17-07, 08:09 AM
I was in from 98-02 as a 0411. I was out for 1 yr 9 mos and Joined the Army in 04 I am currently in Iraq. I EAS May 08 and I want to get some information on getting back in. I know I need an OFF contract waiver. I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of things would help or hurt me when I apply for a waiver. Also if anyone knows a prior service recruiter I could talk with.

winniele
01-20-07, 03:03 PM
well, I might be able to help. (maybe). Usually if you are prior service in the Marines or the Army I don't think the age thing matter. Matter of fact, I know someone who is in these forums of this website is 32 yrs old when he joined the Marines. He said it was because he did very good on his PFT. I am trying to get back into the Marines and I am already 28 yrs old. I went to see a regular recruiter near where I live and they said they deal with prior servicemen in the Corps. Maybe after you get out and go back to where you live to see if any recruiter can help. OR go to www.marines.com (http://www.marines.com) website and click on contact recruiter to see if you can talk to the nearest recruiter on the phone and tell him or her your situation. But you might have to wait until you get out of the Army to talk to a recruiter. Hope it helps alittle.

The1stSgt
01-20-07, 04:55 PM
Concur with the above.

capmarine
01-20-07, 06:34 PM
the CMC says he's looking for a few good former Marines!

G8RH8R
01-22-07, 04:26 AM
I emailed a prior service recruiter, but he has not gotten back with me yet. I have thought about this for awhile and I really want back in the Corps, this Army life is not for me. I would like to know if anyone on here has an email or a number for an active duty recruiter. I would like to know what is the fastest way to get back in is.SEMPER FI