PDA

View Full Version : Pull ups

usmcdawg
01-15-07, 01:26 AM
Hello. This is my first post on this site. I was looking through previous posts and couldnt find what I was looking for so decided to post it here. I was wondering if any marine or poolee knew of tips/tricks to doing pull ups, besides the obvious,(doing them). I currently cant do more than 1 pull up. I know that is weak but I have never done them.

Thanks

devilmutt
01-15-07, 02:13 AM
Hit the weight room and do Lat pull downs.

usmcdawg
01-15-07, 03:50 AM
Thanks Devil. I've been working out with my recruiter and poolees. Both my recruiter and poolees said that they will get me in the shape I need to be in prior to Boot. Currently 21 yrs, 6'1 (73in), and 250lbs (need to be 241 to enlist). So hopefully I will be good 2 go by late Feb, or at least thats my goal. Thanks again Devil.

devilmutt
01-15-07, 04:50 AM
Keep working out and it should not be a problem. Good luck, take care, and SEMPER FI!

SkilletsUSMC
01-15-07, 02:01 PM
Thanks Devil......

......Thanks again Devil.

OMG....:D

usmcdawg...

I know you dont know better, so its all good for now, but file this post away somewhere that you will not lose it. and then read it again when you get to the fleet!!!!

You'll get it later.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Marine84
01-15-07, 02:56 PM
Well...............I can see ANOTHER one doesn't read stuff before he starts posting.

This SAME question has been asked 15 different ways from Sunday - READ THE STICKY POOLEE THREADS!

Quinbo
01-15-07, 11:37 PM
Get a training partner. Have your partner hold your ankles while you do pull ups .... every pull-up you do slowly straighten your legs while pulling yourself up with your arms. Do as many as you can and switch. Do as many sets as you can this way and gradually work into doing as many as you can before your partner grabs your feet. It will come. Just like using a spotter on the bench. Push each other.