PDA

View Full Version : How do you explain win?

greensideout
01-14-07, 09:20 PM
I continue to read words of winning the war in Iraq. I hear it from civilians, the troops, the officers and from the President. "We must "win" the war".

What I find lacking is a definition of "win" in Iraq. VP Chaney says it may take 20, 30 or 40 years to accomplish. Accomplish what I ask?

Does anyone here know what we will have won when we win?

10thzodiac
01-14-07, 09:42 PM
Amen

FistFu68
01-14-07, 11:48 PM
:evilgrin:THE.ALMIGHY'S CALERNDER.IS NOT;IS NOT ON OUR SCALE!ANYTING ELSE IS COMBAT;ON THE SWORD FOR THE LORD IS THE WAY IT IS!!!S'F:iwo: KEEP THE POLITIC'S OUT
OF THE EXCUASION.MARINRE'!!!SEMPER~HELL:evilgrin:

greensideout
01-14-07, 11:55 PM
No politics Marine. Just asking for a definition of "win" in Iraq.

10thzodiac
01-15-07, 12:14 AM
How about Georges legacy options:

1) Blame: Iraqi-Gov. as justification to withdraw

2) Punt: Buy time and leave it up to the next administration to withdraw

3) Diversion: Start another war with Iran

3077India
01-15-07, 05:09 AM
On a Dec. 17, TV appearance Colin Powell said, “I am not persuaded that another surge of troops into Baghdad for purposes of suppressing this communitarian violence, this civil war, will work.”

Also, Lawrence Korb, former Assistant Secretary of Defense, put it this way, “...we had a chance in the beginning to send the right number of troops. We didn't, and now I think it would only make the situation worse and it would make the Iraqis more dependent on us.”

Consider the testimony of General John Abizaid before the Senate Armed Services Committee in November in response to a question posed by Senator McCain, “Senator McCain, I met with every divisional commander, General Casey, the corps commander, General Dempsey, we all talked together. And I said, in your professional opinion, if we were to bring in more American troops now, does it add considerably to our ability to achieve success in Iraq? And they all said no. And the reason is because we want the Iraqis to do more. It is easy for the Iraqis to rely upon us to do this work. I believe that more American forces prevent the Iraqis from doing more, from taking more responsibility for their own future.”

Too many people are saying that an increase in troops isn't the way to go, but President Bush seems to have a hearing problem, the same hearing problem that resulted in his party losing control of Congress.

It would seem all but certain, that Damnocraps will win the White House next year, unless Republicans can successfully reverse their policies toward our involvement in Iraq and how we fight the war on terror.