PDA

View Full Version : What's going on?

MillRatUSMC
02-06-03, 09:15 AM
As young men and women in the arm forces deploy to face war.
In Ohio, they're in the courts trying to get a young man back on the basketball court.
First his mom, gaves him a $50,000 hummer for his eight-teen birthday.
Than a sport store gives two t-shirts worth in excess of $800.00.
He thought it was in recognation of his good grades; 3.5.
That would translate to a "B" or a "B+"
But dued to all the above, he blew any chance of getting into most colleges to play.
But his intend was to turn pro right out of high school.
To make those mega bucks for playing a game.
While his peers in the military will only be making no more than 14,000+ a year.
The lawyers and everyone else that has a vest interest, say he being picked on for an honest mistake.
Something wrong with this picture as I see it.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

wrbones
02-06-03, 11:48 AM
I understand what yer saying First Sergeant. Good grades or not, the poor kid was tempted with too much. ( Emphasis on poor ). I do know that the high school coaches never seem to go over the rules and regulations with the athletes except for what they might need to know on the field of play.

Your comments explain one of several reasons I gave up watching pro sports. Ya get to watch a player make millions of dollars to play and then you get to read or hear him whine and watch news reports of how they got busted. I know they ain't all like that, but it's a friggin' game folks!

People spend billions on that stuff anymore.

Meanwhile Vets and active duty folks get shafted. Sure we got our bad apples as well, but we're not playin' games and we don't get paid but just about enough to get by.