PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Silent Drill Schedule for Southern California

Simons5811
01-11-07, 11:41 PM
Looking for anyone who has information about the silent drill team performing at MCRD San Diego or Camp Pendleton in the up comming months.

97-02, Camp Pendleton, Military Police - Physical Security
Semper Fi

The1stSgt
01-12-07, 07:02 AM
Go to the link below.

http://www.mbw.usmc.mil/Newmbw/

Simons5811
01-12-07, 10:37 AM
Thank you 1stSgt, Looks like that link is just for the DC Events.

Looking for something Local to Southern Calilfornia, any other sites?

The1stSgt
01-12-07, 12:30 PM
The Silent Drill Platoon use to train in the winter at MCAS, Yuma, AZ during their off season.

I believe they went to a couple of west coast bases before returning to DC.

Use the phone number listed on the 8th & I website and they will tell you where and when the Silent Drill Platoon performs.

I was at Yuma in 1974 and saw them practice and perform, also saw the Friday Night Parade in 2001 at the barracks in DC. I love 'em.

The1stSgt
01-12-07, 12:43 PM
I just call S-3 at 8th & I and inquired about the Silent Drill Platoon's spring schedule.

I was told the 2007 schedule has not been finalized at this time, but they will be performing on the west coast in MAR 07. Exact dates to be determined.

SGT Reynolds will know more about their exact scheduling and he can be reached at (202) 433-6394.

Semper Fi

SDP mom
02-15-07, 06:42 AM
My son is a member of the Silent Drill Platoon and if you would like the schedule for their west coast tour please e-mail me. I am not sure if I should post it here or not but would be happy to share what i have. They are still in Yuma and have just completed challenge day. They will start touring in just a couple weeks.