PDA

View Full Version : More Marines

sgt tony
01-10-07, 07:09 PM
I would like to know what everone thinks of the increase of Marines ove in Iraq?

I think this sould have been at the begining and we could be pulling them back now. But what the heck what do I know.
:evilgrin: What do you think?

greensideout
01-10-07, 08:45 PM
If we are trying to bring about peace, we are in the wrong country. The wrong part of the world for that matter. The religion and culture there has been in place for so long that it is not likely that any amount of Marines will change it. The Marines bring war to crush an enemy. It is up to the citizens there to bring about peace and change their destiny.

Roogger
01-10-07, 08:55 PM
Al Anbar is a terrible hellhole, and its where the surge of Marines will be. No new Marines will be sent according to most sources but Marines that are there will be extend for an additional 60 days, while there relief will come on time. The extention will be the surge, and it places the short term time table on the surge.

In my personal opinion it will do nothing. When I was there we did one operation of which I forgot the name. The only thing I remember is fighting endlessly for a week and seeing the most horrific thing in my life, an Amtrak, iron coffin, complete destroyed less than 70 yards from me in an intersection I sat in for about 20 minutes. 16 Marines 1 Corpsman and 1 translator killed, some I could see burning inside. In the end, we killed 7.... 7 Insurgents.

1>7 ... 16 and a corpsman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7

I hate that place and I pray everyday for the Marines there. My old unit is one of the ones getting extended and they have already taken heavy casualities, mostly non-lethal injuries but still very bad, lost limbs, ect.
I hate that the news doesn't report on what they are doing and what is going on in Anbar. Looks like I'm stuck coming to the forums and looking at the DoD casualty post for my info, thank you Drifter.

Pray for my boys...

OLE SARG
01-11-07, 10:12 AM
Well said Greensideout!!!!!!! We will not change these people - they have been killing each other since the dawn of time and will continue to do so!!!!!

SEMPER FI,