PDA

View Full Version : NROTC Bound

chitown1
01-10-07, 03:38 PM
Hello,

I've been reading the site for about a year now and it is my duty to inform everyone that I've applied for the NROTC Scholarship and will hopefully join the ranks of The Few and The Proud. Can't wait for college and my first step into the military to start.

"The essence of war is violence. Moderation in war is imbecility"
-British Sea Lord John Fisher

ggyoung
01-10-07, 04:12 PM
Outstanding and the very best of luck to you.

Blaster
01-10-07, 04:13 PM
:thumbup: I wish you good luck! and thanks for informing me!

Barret
01-10-07, 05:02 PM
Good luck, I hope you get the scholarship. I'm hoping to become an Officer through NROTC-Marine Option also. What kind of specs were on your application?

chitown1
01-11-07, 03:33 PM
Barret

What do you mean specs? On my application I had to submit three references. In addition to this, I also had to report to the Marines RS in Des Plaines for a PFT and an interview with two Officers. Basic questions. Why do you want to be an Officer? What cause you to look into the Marines? Things of that nature.

Well, good luck on your application, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'specs.'
__________________________________________________ _________

SkilletsUSMC
01-11-07, 03:40 PM
Damnit...another Chitown....:D

Barret
01-11-07, 05:11 PM
Oh, sorry. By "Specs" I meant specifics as to what different positives you are bringing (High G.P.A., volunteer work, things that they look for.)

chitown1
01-12-07, 03:20 PM
Well this past Saturday I took my PFT (scored a 210...run killed me). So that's decent, but as always, could be better. I go to a high school where the grading scale is out of 5.0. My current GPA is a 5.21, so my grades are not a problem. My ACT score is a 30. That's all grade wise.

On the interview I had, with two Officers, I am fairly sure I made a good impression with them as to how I answered their questions.
__________________________________________________ _________

samadma
01-14-07, 09:14 AM
If you do not get the NROTC scholarship, just contact an Officer Selection Officer (OSO) and they can put you in the Platoon Leaders Course (PLC). Which is similiar to NROTC with the exception of the $150,000 scholarship.

proachbass91
01-16-07, 07:08 PM
Good luck, where are you hoping to go to college? Definatly work on that PFT that might hurt your chances of getting the scholarship, if thats the case you know you can do NROTC as a college programer and apply for the scholarship again when your pft score is around a 250 or so. Any way best of luck, I spent 3 years in NROTC 2 as a Marine Option before I decided to DOR and enlist.