PDA

View Full Version : 03 vs. 58

POOLEE-REYNOLDS
01-08-07, 04:21 PM
I signed for 03 as my MOS but I have been reading in to 58. I would like some input on what you all think because I am deciding to change but 0300 has my heart and I want to know some real info from some marines that have been there. Poolee Reynolds:flag:

Marine84
01-09-07, 07:36 AM
Just make a decision on what YOU want - ANY Marine in here that was in either MOS will tell you that theirs was the best. Hell I wasn't even in either one of them and I know mine (6541) was the best.

POOLEE-REYNOLDS
01-09-07, 07:41 AM
i see your point, but its a hard decision. if i go 03 could i be picked to do mcsf? or get selected for fast? because i really want to do cqb type extractions.

HardJedi
01-09-07, 09:31 AM
good lord. OK, ASK for the darn security force option if thats what you want to do.

and YES, you will be in the 0300 field if you decide you want to go security forces.

if you do NOT go into the 0300 field, you will NOT be in securitry forces until you make at LEAST E-4

care to define, " cqb type extractions'?

Sgt Leprechaun
01-09-07, 02:18 PM
5800 is going to be doing mostly convoy security ops and whatnot. Very little law enforcement operations, but they are a possibility. If you want MCSF, then ask for it.

POOLEE-REYNOLDS
01-09-07, 04:45 PM
hardjedi-(cqb extractions) the removal of someone in a hostile situation to a secure place, so to me i see the job as saving hostages in a terrorist situation in a close quater combat form. to me i see it as a marine corp (swat).
yea i will look in to the mcsf a little more it looks like a great job.

HardJedi
01-10-07, 10:03 AM
;) well, it is a good job. Though you could be stuck doing nothing but gaurd duty. Yes, you still get cqb training, but when standing guard 4 on 4 off 4 react, not like you will get much chance to use it ;) .

POOLEE-REYNOLDS
01-10-07, 04:25 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">yea i understand that. thanks for all the info.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SkilletsUSMC
01-10-07, 04:29 PM
hardjedi-(cqb extractions) the removal of someone in a hostile situation to a secure place, so to me i see the job as saving hostages in a terrorist situation in a close quater combat form. to me i see it as a marine corp (swat).
yea i will look in to the mcsf a little more it looks like a great job.

Well, as a grunt we train CQB all the time. I garantee that if you made it to Iraq as an 03, you will get your fill of raids. Not so much hosatge rescue, but you never know...

POOLEE-REYNOLDS
01-10-07, 04:39 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">yea, thats brings up another thing i **** for mcrdsd on may 21st so by time i get done with training and soi do u think we will still be over there? kind of a dumb qustion but doesnt hurt to ask.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SkilletsUSMC
01-10-07, 04:50 PM
Ok heres the math...

you go to boot on may 21

+13 weeks of boot...

+2 weeks boot leave, and reception at SOI

+8 weeks of SOI

=23 weeks of training till you hit the fleet, or arround Oct 11th. Add to that about three months to a year of a work up, and Id say.........

I dont know:D

But my guess is yes, you will end up in Iraq.

HardJedi
01-11-07, 09:38 AM
or Iran, or north Korea, or Afganistan, or Somalia, or Haiti, or any one of over a hundred other places. Don't worry, world peace isn't about to spontaneously break out all over the place.

YLDNDN6
01-11-07, 10:47 AM
If ya hurry, ya might make the Cuban Invasionary Force! We gotta think about the future, people!!!

usmcmp2006
01-11-07, 11:36 AM
Im A 5811/5813 There Is Two Sides To The Mos Now. The Law Enforcment And The Field Side. I Did The Law Enforcment For 4 Years And Loved It. What The Field Mp's Are Doing Now Is Alot Of Security For E.o.d. Teams To Take Care Of All The I.e.d.'s. One Thing That You Have To Remember When You Go In With The 5800 Field Is That You Might Get Corrections, Thats Were You Just Work In The Brig Taking Care Of Prisoners. Its All Just A Luck Of The Draw And Where The Corps Needs Bodys At The Time. Well Hope This Helps.

killerinstinct
01-11-07, 01:56 PM
Well 5811's have a huge ego.. I dont know how many times i heard "don't mistake your rank for my authority"

I just want to hit one upside the head.

But, on the other hand the best times drinking were at the MP's bks.

:beer:

and i have to agree with Marine84 IYAOYAS

SkilletsUSMC
01-11-07, 02:08 PM
Well 5811's have a huge ego.. I dont know how many times i heard "don't mistake your rank for my authority"

But, on the other hand the best times drinking were at the MP's bks.

and i have to agree with Marine84 IYAOYAS

One of the lines to my favorite running cadences.......

O530 I awoke...

My 1stSGT was a blowin' smoke...

He had NCOs all arround his desk...

And wimp MP at the leanin' rest...

W... I... M... P...

Ya cant spell wimp without the MP!!!

Sgt Leprechaun
01-12-07, 10:03 AM
Hahahahahaaha. Army MP's are even worse. They can't even spell "Clue" much less figure one out.

davecerami275
01-13-07, 08:08 PM
["

yeah,,, but how manY times have you done it,,, TALK IS CHEAP