PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here in MCJROTC?

fraser
01-08-07, 03:18 PM
Is anyone here in MCJROTC?

JIPeterson
01-08-07, 04:59 PM
I could have been, but then I transfered schools because of a better football program. (Love my football) :D I still have a lot of friends who are.

Blaster
01-08-07, 07:08 PM
I read your message fraser. And I was in it last year, but i moved to tustin, and in this school they don't have this program. And I miss it. Dam.

fraser
01-08-07, 07:21 PM
i play football too. what position you play?

ChknSanwch
01-08-07, 07:34 PM
Fraser, im in AFJROTC. I know, its not the Marine Corps JROTC, but it helps with my decision and dream to become a Marine. I know the AF Dress Blues dont even compare to the USMC's but it's still worth it. lol. When I graduate and go off to Parris Island, Ill be able to have and advanced pay rate- an E-2, which is nice. Im a Sophmore at my school (Broughton High, Raleigh, NC) currently a Technical Sergeant(E-6). I love the class, and I highly recommend ANY form of JROTC...that is...if your not in it already. lol

Hoped This Helped

JIPeterson
01-08-07, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I played MLB. 4 year starter, We went 8-2 last year but only 5-5 this year. We did beat the 6X Defending Champs 1st round though. What about you Fraser

fraser
01-08-07, 08:49 PM
I start right tackle on offense and defensive tackle on defense

jinelson
01-08-07, 09:13 PM
by ChknSanwch - Fraser, im in AFJROTC. I know, its not the Marine Corps JROTC, but it helps with my decision and dream to become a Marine. I know the AF Dress Blues dont even compare to the USMC's but it's still worth it. lol. When I graduate and go off to Parris Island, Ill be able to have and advanced pay rate- an E-2, which is nice. Im a Sophmore at my school (Broughton High, Raleigh, NC) currently a Technical Sergeant(E-6). I love the class, and I highly recommend ANY form of JROTC...that is...if your not in it already. lol

Hoped This Helped

Well said and I agree any form of JROTC is excellent. A pup last year thought that I would look good in Air Force blues and he photo shopped me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/SSgtDressBlues.jpg

Dont you think this looks much better?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/Picture112.jpg

jackson07
01-08-07, 09:17 PM
Much better Staff Sergeant.

Hectic
01-08-07, 10:35 PM
Much better sir. The only MCJROTC in my state is on the other side of the state so I can't go to it. There is and AFJROTC but I am forbidden from going to that school. I didn't do anything wrong, they just caused problems for my brother so my mother doesn't like them very much.

quillhill
01-09-07, 02:41 PM
I wrote an article a couple months ago about a local MC JROTC program. I loved talking to those kids and taking photos of them. It was a real blast. They were some of most articulate, thoughtful kids I've ever interviewed. And I've met a lot of interesting teenagers who were smart and thoughtful.
You know what surprised me? There were two female cadets in the leadership staff and one of them was the most squared-away cadet of the whole group.
I suppose I'm a bit biased, but I think those JROTC programs are awesome.

BTW, SSgt. Nelson, I do love that pic of you in the Air Force blues. Ha! But, indeed, those Marine Corps cammies are much better suited for you. ;)

I want one of those covers you've got on, but without the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, of course.

Anyway, I need to post some of those photos I took of the MC JROTC kids. i will get them up on photobucket tonight and then you guys can tell me if they're looking good. :)

ChknSanwch
01-09-07, 03:50 PM
Yes SSgt, the Desert cammies look so much better than the Chair..i mean Air Force Dress Blues. i cant wait till i can enlist, but, AFJROTC is just gonna have to do for now. =)

Gabe
01-09-07, 07:08 PM
Hi,
I'm not in MCJROTC but I'm in NJROTC. I wish I was in MCJROTC but I guess NJROTC will have to do. Well...The Marines are a department of the Navy (The men's department) so that makes me feel a little better. Anyway I'm a freshman at my high-school and I'm currently an E-3 Seaman. I will be up for promotion to PO3 in February. I love it but me and my CO are the only ones who will become Marines once we graduate. They all give me a lot of flack about it too. They call me all sorts of stuff. My favorite is a Bullet Sponge Jar Head. They all just roll their eyes when I tell them I haven't earned the title thus I can't be called a Jar head yet. But the endless goading will stop because our new SNSI ( Senior Naval Science Instructor) is a retired Marine Lt.Col. I can hardly wait till he comes. Anyway I think all of the JROTC programs are great and if anyone has the opportunity to take the course I would highly recommend it. By the way Staff Sergeant Nelson,the cammies look better.

ChknSanwch
01-09-07, 08:23 PM
Gabe, I COMPELETLY understand you there bro. Me, and two of my really close friends in my AFJROTC Flight(Class) all want to be Marines after highschool....and yes, we do get some goading(but in a friendly way) here and there. Then I ask the antagonists "Whatcha plan on doing with your life?" Most fall silent. =)

BUT, we also have the Wrestling Mat Room not 10 steps away from the classroom..so, as any would be Marine would do, we(as in us 3) will match ourselfs up with anyone(1 on 1 match, never double team) who gives us a hard time, challenge and beat the crap outta anyone whos up for a healthy, competitive match of 'Submission Wrestling'....and recently, most of the goading has seem to disappeared...=)

Bullet Sponge Jarhead? nice, havent heard that one before.

we're used to-
Wanna-be-Marine(for some reason...this one fires me up the most.. i dont know why)
Goalie for the Hand-Grenade Team
Cannon Fodder

theres a few others, but theyre just not coming to mind right now

LivinSoFree
01-10-07, 10:55 AM
Don't forget my personal favorite:

Sandbag, Green, Reusable, Self-Propelled, Auto-Deploying, Biodegradable. Unit of issue: 1 ea.

LivinSoFree
01-10-07, 11:02 AM
Just for fun, here's a "Then and Now" shot from back in my high school days in NJROTC...

http://www.campusblender.com/photos/fullsize/242566.jpg

http://www.campusblender.com/photos/fullsize/242567.jpg

Master Sephiroth
01-10-07, 12:05 PM
Dont you think this looks much better?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/Picture112.jpg

I'm not usually one to critique (save for literature) but the USAF blues look foreign on you. The MARPAT, however, brings out the warrior within

jinelson
01-10-07, 01:20 PM
What surprises me is that not one Marine has mentioned my gunny rolls lol

Jim

jwashington
02-01-07, 08:27 PM
hi everyone im new here i would just like to say i agree any form of jrotc is good im a cadet captain in afjrotc and i a drill commander but i want to be a marine and going to join DEP in three months time

FutureHonorman
02-02-07, 04:47 PM
I am. Did you have a question about it?

jkarate212
02-02-07, 04:48 PM
I'm in MCJROTC at winnacunnet highschool

Roogger
02-02-07, 05:34 PM
What surprises me is that not one Marine has mentioned my gunny rolls lol

Jim

Saw 'em just didn't wanna ball you out in front of the poolees. ;)

paintballtroop
02-02-07, 10:09 PM
I wish but our school doesnt have a ROTC program at all