PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait to enlist

robg9178
01-07-07, 09:01 PM
I am not sure what happened to my other post, so I will post a new one. I am 28 and hoping to enlist in the illustrious Marine Corps. My father, uncle and grandfather were marines. In order to dep i have to be 209lbs, right now I am about 212lbs. So not to much to go. I look forward to becoming a marine. My dad was in the early 70's and tell me horror stories about his boot camp. He was in san diego. I just tell him things I am sure have changed, and that I am not to worried. Like they say 90% mental, 10% physical. It is just an honor to some day be able to graduate on the same parade deck that he did. So hopefully soon I will be joing the ranks, and be able to call myself a marine.

Rob

Soon2BeVIP
01-07-07, 10:04 PM
Ya I don't know what happened to your earlier post either. I remember people responding to it, but now it's disappeared. Hmmm... Oh FYI, I wouldn't say it if it was once accidently, but you didn't capitalize Marine 3 different times in your paragraph. Remember to always capitalize that. Welcome to the boards and I hope you get a lot out of these. It is a very good tool to use on your way to becoming a United States Marine. So cut that weight down fast so you can be one step closer to the goal

robg9178
01-07-07, 10:06 PM
thank you for the repsonce. I apologize for not capitolizing Marines

JIPeterson
01-07-07, 10:07 PM
Good luck, you can lose the weight. When you get to MCRD, thats when the real journey begins.

robg9178
01-07-07, 10:11 PM
yea, my recruiter told me. My tentative plan is to leave sunday for my physical. I wake up everyday at 4:30am to work out. My crunches and run are kind of weak, but i keep working at it

Soon2BeVIP
01-07-07, 10:14 PM
So I just checked out your myspace. Haha have fun writing a statement about your tattoos lol. I just had to write one tiny paragraph about being dumb when I was 13 and getting a tattoo. You're going to have to write a 10 page essay lol. Nah it shouldn't be that bad. Just a lot of "No it's not gang related" "No it's not gang related" over and over again. Plus some writing stating that too.

robg9178
01-07-07, 10:17 PM
yea, i go Tuesday to see the recruiter and take pictures for my tattoo waiver. she said I have nothing to worry about. Cant see them when i wear a shirt