PDA

View Full Version : She's Off to Boot - Week 3 *Update* Received 12/28/07

Davids Girl
01-06-07, 01:12 AM
(Hey everyone, sometimes I don't know if you still want the updates, but then someone emails or asks how she's doing, so I'll go ahead and continue the posts and let you all know how she's doing.)

Hey everyone,

How excited was I to come home tonight and find a letter from Aida. Especially when I got one just 2 days ago. I've figured out that when the Holiday's aren't here... it takes two days from the postmark, to get to me.

However... for whatever reason, as of the time she wrote this letter, she had NOT yet received my first letter. I sent it Express though and tracked it. The confirmation said it was delivered the morning she wrote this, on the 26th at 11am. So by the time it probably got to her, it was probably the evening of the 26th or the 27th. And now... she'll get a pouring in of letters lol, I'm NOT telling you all how many I've sent her... lets just say that she's been gone now for about 18 days and she's got almost one to read for each day :P Call me crazy, but it's the only way I feel like I'm doing something to help her through this HELL.

Although... from this letter... it almost... ALMOST... sounds like she's having fun lol. I'm glad she's sounding in better spirits and actually admits to doing better.

This week her highlights included Christmas Dinner, getting a five minute shower AND... lol getting to FINALLY shave her legs. wowza.

Ridiculously enough, she's kind of looking forward to the Gas Chamber and she'll get her Boots, Blouses and Desert Digitals soon too!

Read on and keep writing her.
Angela

"Merry Christmas to All"

Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope everyone had a great holiday! My day went ok, we had a lot of free time and cleaned our house and drilled a while.

Our lunch was amazing! We had turkey, ham, roast beef, mashed potatos, corn, dressing, fruit, cranberry sauce, and the best treat ever- pie!! I was so excited!

Our Senior gave us all candy canes this afternoon so that was cool and very nice of her. I'm hanging in there. Yesterday was a little rough because of dealing with not being home and everyone being very emotional, but today went a lot better.

I've come to realize how much I took the little things for granted and how much I miss them, such as sleeping in, spending time with my family, watching tv, eating good food, eating whenever I was hungry.

It's crazy to see the outcome when you push yourself. I've learned to move fast and push my limits. We push til there's pain and then we push past the pain. Mind over matter. It's all in your head and you can get through anything. I've learned this in the past few weeks I've been here. 2 Sundays down, 10 more to go.

We are headed to the gas chamber later this week, I'm excited yet nervous. It should be interesting. Then we also have the Confidence Course and swim quals, which puts us into 2nd phase. The people I've talked to said that once you get past 2nd phase you are pretty much here to stay. It's also supposed to go faster and the DI's are supposed to calm down a little. I'm excited for that. Well, it's bed time for me! I get PT in the morning. I hope all is well with y'all and that everyone had a great holida.

Happy New Years and Merry Christmas!

RCT Garcia
2006 12/25

P.S. Write me!

dvldog4611
01-06-07, 02:21 PM
Reading these make boot camp seem like it was yesterday! It makes is all come back vividly...like I'm right there with her!

Davids Girl
01-06-07, 07:10 PM
I can't even imagine what she's going through, but she's doing a pretty good job of helping me feel like I have some idea of what it's like lol.
She's doing a great job hanging in there and doing her best. I'm proud to know her and can't wait to watch her walk across that Parade deck and looking forward to being able to call her Marine.

grayshade
01-07-07, 12:57 AM
Hell I miss it a little. Hope your friend gets through in flying colors, I'm sure she will. Send me a PM and I'll tell ya what it was like for me, maybe you'll get a rough idea :)

Proud boyfriend
01-12-07, 09:01 AM
Well I guess me and you sorta have a good idea now what she is going through..with all the talking and research and everything..And she is going to kill us when she gets home cause this is what our day consist of..lol but hopefully she expains everything when she gets home to me cause it will be my time to sign soon..