PDA

View Full Version : Base v Fort v Camp

hawks
01-05-07, 10:28 PM
Whats the difference between all of them? Camp Pendleton, Fort Bragg, etc

Does only the Army use Forts and the Marines use Camps?

sgt tony
01-05-07, 10:34 PM
Well the Marines is camps because we are the always moving to take the fight on.
The Army is Forts because they just know how to occupy. So they are in one place alot.

Hey sound good to me.:marine: That would be mt thoughts on the matter:beer:

jinelson
01-05-07, 10:53 PM
Sounds good to me Sgt Tony but you left out the part about us always having to leave our camps to retake the forts from the enemy again.

Jim :D

sgt tony
01-05-07, 10:57 PM
True Jim I just didn't want to rud there noises in it to bad:evilgrin:

yellowwing
01-05-07, 11:03 PM
Sounds good to me Sgt Tony but you left out the part about us always having to leave our camps to retake the forts from the enemy again.

Jim :D
Geez! A half second ealier and I would have spewed coffee everywhere! Too funny :D

Soon2BeVIP
01-05-07, 11:09 PM
Haha hawks...reading through this thread made me think of our PM:p

hawks
01-06-07, 12:31 AM
oh yes it does haha

Quinbo
01-06-07, 12:48 AM
Think of it like a baseball field. A base is where you stand to take a pitch, a camp is 1-3 bases where you will only be for a little while till you return to home base to score a run. A fort is where the cheering section sits to watch you play. ;)

maverickmarine
01-10-07, 10:08 AM
Think of it like a baseball field. A base is where you stand to take a pitch, a camp is 1-3 bases where you will only be for a little while till you return to home base to score a run. A fort is where the cheering section sits to watch you play. ;)

LMAO, that's freakin' outstanding.

drumcorpssnare
01-10-07, 10:42 AM
Okay, the Marine Corps uses the term 'camp' because Marines like to set up their shelter-halves, eat MRE's, use their maps and compasses, and go.......
CAMPING!

The Army, on the other hand, uses the term 'fart' because that's what they're good at!

And the Air Force uses the term 'base.' That's what they put their flowers in.:banana:
drumcorpssnare:usmc: