PDA

View Full Version : Prior Service going to army

dvldog4611
01-05-07, 08:35 PM
Just wanted some quick thoughts ...

Going from a Marine to the Army ...:sick:

echo3oscar1833
01-05-07, 09:53 PM
Nothing wrong with it. Just remember Once a Marine Always A Marine. We'll definetly give you sh@$ about it lol. Semper Fi!!!!

CHOPPER7199
01-05-07, 10:06 PM
Good Luck On Helping To Train Them The Marine Way.

sgt tony
01-05-07, 10:27 PM
They can always us a expert. God knows they need it.

10thzodiac
01-05-07, 10:28 PM
I was station on an army base for two years and once was asked by a soldier if he could get "Dependants Travel" back to CONUS as an E-5 under two http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/34.gif

I had just told him that I was E-4 over four and that's how I was going to do it.

Those army poges really know how too hurt a Jarheads feelings...

My dad was in the Army Secret Underground Balloon Corps in WW II http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/27.gif

ErikHeiker
01-07-07, 05:36 AM

I spent 20 months in the Army Guard before there was a slot for me in the Air Guard. During that time I was mainly around active duty Army types and you wouldn't believe the animosity they had towards the Army. They all hated Army life. Those on their first enlistment were getting out. Those with more time in were just hanging on til they had 20 in. There was no pride in being a soldier. It was quite a shock to me because I had never seen such widespread discontentment in the Corps. Had I not gone Air Guard, my military career would have ended after my enlistment there was up. Keep my email address handy and let me know in a couple of years how it worked out. I'm here at Bagram Air Base, which is mostly Army, and it doesn't sound like much has changed in 25 years.

3077India
01-07-07, 06:42 AM

Going from a Marine to the Army ...:sick:Going to the Army? Not that I have a problem with you doing that, 'cause that is your business, but isn't that a step down for a Marine? :p

Roogger
01-07-07, 12:57 PM
Never understood why someone would trade a Porsche for a Pinto but I guess if its what you want...

lucien2
01-07-07, 02:15 PM
Spent 3 years in the Ca NG, huge mistake bro.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-08-07, 10:52 AM
I did 3 years in the USAR in the early 90's....it was...different to be sure.

I work on an army base now, and let me tell you, they are the most UNmotivated, touchy feelie, PC bunch it's ever been my sorry experience to be around. They treat the average 'troop' like crap and cannon fodder.

Prepare to be micro-managed at a level you've never experienced as a Marine. E-6's do the work a Corporal of Marines do.

There are probably 'good' army units out there, but the luck of the draw is stacked against you to get one...

winniele
01-08-07, 03:48 PM
I was going to do the same thing. Then I decided not to. Why? don't know. Just didn't think it would fit my personality.

drumcorpssnare
01-08-07, 03:58 PM
Imagine feedin' a Doberman gunpowder ( to make him mean....real mean! ) and then asking that dog to act like a "tea-cup poodle." Well, you get the idea...
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

FistFu68
01-08-07, 05:06 PM
:evilgrin: HELL, I HAD A BUDDY;WHO DID ALL FIVE BRANCHE'S! FOUR YEAR'S,IN EACH ONE!THE ONLY TATTOO,HE EVER GOT;THE USMC~BULLDOG~ON HIS BICEP,THAT WAS 20 YEAR'S EARLIER;RIGHT AFTER BOOT-CAMP!ONCE ONE~ALWAY'S ONE!!! OOHRAH~SEMPER~FIDELIS!!!:iwo:

SuNmAN
01-09-07, 11:15 AM

I'm thinking about the US Army Rangers as well

just pondering for now though

good luck buddy you're serving no matter what branch of service you're in.

10thzodiac
01-11-07, 01:05 PM
I tried to get into the Army's "Secret http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/27.gifUnderground Balloon Corps", but nobody knew where I could sign up http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/06.gif

Sgt Leprechaun
01-12-07, 07:07 AM
LOL.

That would be the 303rd Underground Fusilier Balloon Mess Kit Repair Battalion?

Unless you have the Ranger tab, Jump Wings, Q course, and HALO, AND, your records were destroyed in the big fire in 71 at the personnel center, you aren't qualified...