PDA

View Full Version : moral dilema 2

winniele
01-04-07, 03:21 PM
Here is my situation. It is somewhat similar to SkilletsUSMC. However, I never been to war and I got out of the Marine Corps in 2001. Since the war in Iraq, I feel more in thoughts with the troops and Iraq. Every little article about Iraq, I would read. Every little article about the troops, I would read. I just can't stop thinking about going back to the Marine Corps. It may sound weird, but I didn't feel like I did enough for my country. The reason why I got out of the Marine Corps is because I want to go to full time school. Now, that I am almost finish with school, I truly don't know what my next step should be. I keep on thinking the Marine Corps should be my next step and friends said that I shouldn't go because you will be away from your family and this and that. I just constantly keep on thinking about going back. I do have a husband and a son and to be sent away is going to be hard but it isn't something I cannot deal with. If there is any suggestion or advice, please help yourself.

Camper51
01-04-07, 03:32 PM
Here is my situation. It is somewhat similar to SkilletsUSMC. However, I never been to war and I got out of the Marine Corps in 2001. Since the war in Iraq, I feel more in thoughts with the troops and Iraq. Every little article about Iraq, I would read. Every little article about the troops, I would read. I just can't stop thinking about going back to the Marine Corps. It may sound weird, but I didn't feel like I did enough for my country. The reason why I got out of the Marine Corps is because I want to go to full time school. Now, that I am almost finish with school, I truly don't know what my next step should be. I keep on thinking the Marine Corps should be my next step and friends said that I shouldn't go because you will be away from your family and this and that. I just constantly keep on thinking about going back. I do have a husband and a son and to be sent away is going to be hard but it isn't something I cannot deal with. If there is any suggestion or advice, please help yourself.

This is not a moral dilemma, just as skillet's dilemma is not a moral dilemma.

You are not choosing between right and wrong.

You are trying to decide your future.

You must make the choice that is right for YOU and that is your dilemma.

Talk with your family, see where they stand and what they think. Then you make the decision that best works for you.

Again it is a dilemma but it is not a moral dilemma since there is no right or wrong choice to make. The choice you make will not be an easy one no matter which way you choose to go. Make it an informed choice and make sure that it is really what you want to do...

SkilletsUSMC
01-04-07, 03:48 PM
It may not actually be a moral dilema, but it sure feels like that. Im guessing winniele feels like its harder to talk about the Marine Corps nowdays having not "been there done that" I have my own issues but I dont want to hyjack this thread when I have my own.

My advice to you winniele is to talk to someone in your old MOS and see whats even going on in Iraq these days. Some for some MOS's a 7 month pump to Iraq can be like a jail sentence. and for some, it can be like a paid desert vaction with no libo or family. Or you could volenteer for convoy security and get shot at daily... It something else ill tell you. You will never look at garbage on the side of the road again.