PDA

View Full Version : Good bye everyone, it's time for me to become a Marine

Accord
01-03-07, 03:11 PM
This is it guys, it's been a long time coming but I am leaving in just a couple days and shipping to MCRDPI. Good bye everyone, i'd personally like to thank all of the Marines on here who have given me advice, words of encouragement, and motivation. I've been through a lot to get to the point of where I am right now, losing the 85 pounds and all that good stuff.

Now it's time for me to make my dream of becoming a United States Marine a reality. I am being picked up Monday morning at 0415 and will be on the yellow footprints later that night, I honestly can't even believe that I will be standing on those yellow footprints. I know most of the recruits who will be standing next to me on those yellow footprints will be scared out of their minds and whatnot, but i'm going to be thinking about the Marines all the way from Chesty to Corporal Dunham and beyond who stood on those very same yellow footprints.

There are just too many people to thank, I don't want to name anyone because I will surely end up leaving someone out, so just let me say thank you to all of the Marines on here and especially the ones who have been a part of me getting to where I am today, you know who you are.

I'll see you all back here on April 7th in my dress blues.

Time to become a Marine.

rktect3j
01-03-07, 03:14 PM
Good luck and stay motivated.

jinelson
01-03-07, 03:38 PM
John I will really miss seeing you on the boards because you have been a fixture here for a few years. You have helped a lot of Poolee's and wannabes whether you know it or not with your motivation and determination. You have proved that you can overcome any obsticle in your way and have the tenacity of a angry pitbull. I have no doubt in my military mind that you will do fine at MCRDPI. Another thing I will miss in your absence is the most moto vids that you seem to find. Now get on with the next chapter of your life and make us and yourself proud. When you graduate report back here and I will get your membership upgraded to Marine.

So long John git er done OORAH!!!

Jim

USMC90
01-03-07, 03:58 PM
I'm new here so I don't know you and you don't know me, but we both have one thing in common.. wanting to be a United States Marine. I wish you all the best with your training. I hope.. no I KNOW I'll be in your boots one day.

Good luck bro. :usmc:

The1stSgt
01-03-07, 04:04 PM
John, I haven't been a member of this board long, but I can sense and hear the respect you have earned from the Marines and wannabes here.

When you get to PISC, as sick as this may sound to some, love it and savor every punishing demanding minute of it. You only experience Marine Corps boot camp once in your life, and you've worked hard for the opportunity.

Give your Drill Instructors everthing you've got and you'll do great.

Be sure to report back when you've earned the title Marine.

jackson07
01-03-07, 04:12 PM
Good luck man.. and thank you for your help.

hrscowboy
01-03-07, 04:14 PM
orahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you can do it poolie make us proud...

AlexRT
01-03-07, 05:26 PM
Good luck man...Stay motivated.

Achped
01-03-07, 05:29 PM
John, can't wait to see you on graduation Friday. I know you'll do fine.

Echo_Four_Bravo
01-03-07, 05:37 PM
Accord, I am confident that you will perform well at recruit training. Chow to chow and day to day will get you to the end.

Master Sephiroth
01-03-07, 07:35 PM
Good luck, man.

sgt tony
01-03-07, 08:18 PM
Good luck and in the near future I hope to be able to say Hello Marine.

Soon2BeVIP
01-03-07, 10:46 PM
:( I always knew this day would come. I kind of always pictured it like a mini Y2K. The forums would just self destruct.

Haha, but on a serious note. Thank you for all you've done. I never knew I could learn so much from a poolee. I can't wait to see how much you can help us when you get back. You've helped keep my moto alive as well as many other people in here.

So before I start crying :p ...Have a hell of ride and come back and tell us how it was. Because dude...you are about to become a US MARINE

Accord
01-03-07, 11:50 PM
Thank you everyone.

To the Marines, I cannot even begin to express how influential and important you have been to me, there are simply not enough words in the english dictionary for me to express how thankful I am for you. The best way in my mind that I can show my thanks is to go there and earn the title and carry on the tradition of Marines who have gone before me with honor, courage, and commitment.

To the poolees, I hope that I have inspired some of you. I know there are a lot of guys who want to become Marines who are too fat to join, need to lose some weight to be able to DEP in, etc. I did not have just 10 or 15 pounds to lose, I wasn't just an regular fat body, I was morbidly obese and I certainly got that squared away and now have a high first class PFT score. I am living proof that it can be done and no matter how far away or distant your goal of becoming a Marine may seem, if you never give up then you'll achieve it. One year ago becoming a Marine seemed like a pipe dream to me, but I never gave up and now I have just 4 short days until I am standing on the yellow footprints. Never give up. Good luck to all of you.

You said it right there Soon2BeVIP, "you are about to become a US MARINE." Wow. I still can't even believe it.

Accord
01-03-07, 11:58 PM
One more thing that I would like to address. A lot of people who i've talked to have told me to never volunteer, to try and go through bootcamp as a ghost so your Drill Instructor's never get to know your name, and things like that. This makes no sense to me, if you never volunteer then you'll never hold any leadership positions and that just seems like a bad way to begin a career in the United States Marine Corps. Yeah you'll get thrashed more and all that good stuff, but the way I see it is the worst thing that can happen if I volunteer is I get more PT and time in the pit and as a result graduate with an even higher PFT score.

Echo_Four_Bravo
01-04-07, 12:34 AM
Accord, they didn't ask who wanted to be squad leader in my platoon- they just did it. But, you will hear that your entire career. I never listened. I volunteered for everything possible. Sometimes it really sucks, other times you get something good. It is just what path you want to take. It sounds as if you're taking the same path as I did.

Kildars
01-04-07, 03:47 AM
Good ****ing luck bro!

Wish I was there with you.

Stay Moto!

rb1651
01-04-07, 10:00 AM
Best of luck to you Accord. A new chapter in your life is about to begin. Go earn that EGA and get back here as a United States Marine!!!

MC88
01-04-07, 11:27 AM
Accord HEY I'LL SEE YOU DOWN THERE!!!! Bye everyone I also leave leave the same day and will see you again April 7th!

devildoghopeful
01-04-07, 11:31 AM
Good luck Accord. You've been on these forums since I first arrived knowing nothing about the Corps, it was primarily your incredible weight-loss achievement that motivated me to get my a$$ in gear and pound the pavement with my go-fasters and so I thank you.
In this post I have referred to you as 'Accord' I hope that next time I can call you 'Marine'.

GO GET 'EM RECRUIT!!!!!

Ceya
01-04-07, 12:07 PM
We got one Honor grad back , I think we may have more.

Remember, TEAM WORK! Ears open and do it fast. Be prepared.

S/F,
CEYA!

SmokeyBandit
01-04-07, 02:28 PM
Good Luck Accord! You will be missed here on the forums and chatroom. Stay Moto! Get Some!

Camper51
01-04-07, 02:38 PM
Good luck, Accord and MC88. I know you will both make us proud. if you bust your a$$ as hard in bootcamp as you did to get there, I am sure you will do great.

I await April 7th so that I can begin to refer to you by the title you will have earned, and earn it you will...

SkilletsUSMC
01-04-07, 03:08 PM
Accord,

You have earned alot of respect from me losing the weight you have to get in. Bootcamp will be a challenge, but if you have that kind of drive now, you will have an easier go of it than the average recruit.

In the meantime, remember that Myself and the rest of us Marines are sitting in a decent chair, calling home to their folks, using the head when we want to, and even home enjoying a cold beer. That may sound mean, but it will remind you that there is a day that bootcamp ends.

Good luck

jm4magic
01-04-07, 06:17 PM
Good luck!

aviator101
01-04-07, 06:28 PM
I really appreciate you guys. It has been a pleasure to talk to you on this site. Go kick some a$$ and come back in those dress blues.

Rob45
01-04-07, 06:47 PM
I Leave for San Diego On the 8th. good luck people.

Barret
01-04-07, 08:50 PM
Accord, I'm not a Marine yet, but from what I can tell, you WILL make it. You've fought a huge battle against your body to earn the right to be on those footsteps, and you have won the fight, very succesfully. I, and the other wannabe's/poolees, have great confidence in your success as a U.S. Marine. Only a matter of time before you come back here with the title, and the right to take your place amongst the few and the proud.

Accord
01-06-07, 05:24 PM
Thanks for everything guys. Tomorrow is my last day as a civilian, so this is most likely going to be my last post on here until I leave.

The next time I post, I will be a United States Marine.

Jly1987
01-06-07, 05:59 PM
ill see ya there, i leave monday to

MC88
01-06-07, 10:47 PM
Same here Cya guys down there! bye everyone

I get picked up around 7:15 pm

jinelson
01-08-07, 02:03 PM
Accord must have left his IM sn accordC11 which has been on my on screen buddy list for 24/7 the last 3 years is no longer there, about time he gave his PC a rest.

Jim

Achped
01-08-07, 02:07 PM
John will be writing me letters, I will be sure to post any information contained in them to let you all know how he's doing.

He is on his way to South Carolina right now, he'll be on the yellow foot prints in 12 hours :)

jinelson
01-08-07, 02:18 PM
Pass his address on to me Matt, when you get it so I can send him some moto mail. Thanks

Jim

vipere6
01-08-07, 02:38 PM
Good Luck to you. Be Proud and stand tall. God be with you.

Simper Fi:evilgrin:

jinelson
04-06-07, 10:35 AM
Drizzle Drazzle Drozzle Drone time for this one to come home, a Marine and brother worthy of my utmost respect, trust and brotherhood OORAH!!!

Jim

Marine84
04-06-07, 01:05 PM
Awwwwwww! A new baby Brother - WOOHOO!

semperfi170
04-06-07, 03:30 PM
Accord:

Look forward to seeing you back here as a Marine. Volunteer if your intuition and God leads you on that path. You have already volunteered once and you will realize even more what that means when you have time to reflect during the training to become one of America's Best - a U.S. Marine.:usmc:

vipere6
04-06-07, 03:48 PM
:usmc: Welcome to the Marine Corps Family Son. May Gods hands be upon you in spirit and in mind.

TazMatt
04-06-07, 04:51 PM
Welcome home jarhead Good job enjoy your time off you have earned it.Semper Fi

Echo5November
04-06-07, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the Corps brother. Have a cold one and chase some tail while your home on boot leave. Don't do anything to get arrested. Enjoy your time in the Corps to the full extend. Get deployed, get sloppy drunk with your buddies (if you're over 21) occasionally, get some college classes out of the way, and try to score with every woman you ever meet. All and all, make your time in the Marine Corps the best time of your life. Remember that when you think it gets bad sometimes, someone else is in alot worse and more dangerous situation than you and would trade places in a heart beat. On cold lonely nights, someone will always be saying a prayer about you. And when it comes time to move on, you'll never meet men and women the same caliber as United States Marines. Semper Fi Leatherneck, today is the first day of the rest of your life as a Marine.

Marine84
04-06-07, 05:59 PM
Semper Fi Leatherneck, today is the first day of the rest of your life as a Marine.

I hate it when you guys make me cry :cry: .................I'm proud FOR the kid and he ain't even MINE!

rb1651
04-07-07, 11:18 AM
Accord,
Welcome to the Brotherhood!!!!