PDA

View Full Version : A general calls it right!

fontman
01-02-07, 08:48 PM
A general calls it right!

The below is certainly worth reading!

I awoke this New Years Day to a front page covered with gloom, doom and doubt with respect to our fight against Islamofascists and sectarians in Iraq. I canceled my subscription last year for about six months due to what I perceived as biased anti-war, anti-Bush coverage but came back because I missed the local news and since many of my friends and acquaintances are aging - the obituaries.

Regrettably, I am now convinced that we are two nations within one border. One which says nothing is worth fighting for, "peace at any price" and has no concept of the long term strategic interests of the United States. The other sees this conflict for what it is and that is nothing less than the long term survival of our country through denying our enemy the geographical base in the middle of a strategic region from which he can promote Islamofascism/terrorism. And yes, oil is a factor for the free world - let some of the anti-war folks go without gas for their cars or pay six bucks a gallon or more or lose their jobs because of the economy is failing. Unfortunately because of the mainstream media they will still blame our President - God Bless him for his resolute determination and clear view of what is essential to our survival. History will treat him kindly.

We honor our losses, every one, and are thankful for their sacrifice, however, the quit-now crowd dishonors those who gave their lives in what they considered a fight to preserve freedom and democracy not only in Iraq/Afghanistan but in the entire free-world - remember, they are patriots/volunteers! Our president told us on day one this would be a long struggle, 10 - 20 years; the enemy is patient, has no borders, economy, or infrastructure to be otherwise. The arguments of WMD are irrelevant, what is relevant is that the vital strategic interests of the entire free-world are at stake. We inherited the mission as guarantor of freedom for the entire free-world as we emerged from WWII as the only superpower on this planet, to abrogate that responsibility now would be unconscionable and destroy our God given leadership role. France Germany and the UK are already saturated with Muslims sympathetic to Islamofascists. If we don't get a handle on our legal/illegal immigration we will not be far behind.

We are currently in danger of losing our national identity through all of the feel-good, sensitivity programs that excuse immigrants who don't learn our language, our history, or assimilate into our culture. Prime minister Howard of Australia and his Cabinet Ministers have it right when they say publicly: "learn our language, our history and assimilate or leave the country" - Amen to that. To vote on election day and pick up a ballot written in a foreign language (paid for by our tax money) is offensive and a corrosive element to our national identity.

Trustful sources say there are already a couple of Islamic enclaves in two states. Their scenario is to set up a theocracy based on the argument of freedom of religion, then they circumvent US law with Islamic law and our fussy-thinking politicians and far-left liberals will think that acceptable - "sensitive".

Finally, I implore you to support this noble effort in Iraq, Afghanistan and wherever else it is required and think of what is in our national interest first and foremost instead of short term political interests. I have spent my life as a warrior and was a strong volunteer for five combat tours (Korea & Vietnam) with ground forces and as a fighter pilot and would be in combat operations today if they would have this aging warrior.

Sincerely,
L. W. Svendsen, Jr.
Major General, USAF (Ret.)

jinelson
01-02-07, 09:03 PM
Outstanding Mark, simply outstanding read!

Jim

crate78
01-02-07, 10:11 PM
Henry Kissinger got it right in his eulogy at President Ford's funeral today when he said to the effect that our national leadership has far too many performers and not enough leaders.

I'm sure he meant the context of "performer" to mean people playing a role and grandstanding for their own benefit instead of working for the good of the country.

crate

horselady
01-03-07, 11:06 AM
Henry Kissinger got it right in his eulogy at President Ford's funeral today when he said to the effect that our national leadership has far too many performers and not enough leaders.

I'm sure he meant the context of "performer" to mean people playing a role and grandstanding for their own benefit instead of working for the good of the country.

crate

HAH! So says the "leader" who did such a bang-up job about Vietnam and tried to sell Israel down the river. Once a schmuck always a schmuck.:mad:

The1stSgt
01-03-07, 08:12 PM
I agree with the General 100%. Great read.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-04-07, 05:43 AM
Damn well said! Too bad our wishy washy politicians and perfumed princes are more interested in political correctness than the national interest.

Arcade
01-04-07, 06:14 AM
A general calls it right!

The below is certainly worth reading!

I awoke this New Years Day to a front page covered with gloom, doom and doubt with respect to our fight against Islamofascists and sectarians in Iraq. I canceled my subscription last year for about six months due to what I perceived as biased anti-war, anti-Bush coverage but came back because I missed the local news and since many of my friends and acquaintances are aging - the obituaries.

Regrettably, I am now convinced that we are two nations within one border. One which says nothing is worth fighting for, "peace at any price" and has no concept of the long term strategic interests of the United States. The other sees this conflict for what it is and that is nothing less than the long term survival of our country through denying our enemy the geographical base in the middle of a strategic region from which he can promote Islamofascism/terrorism. And yes, oil is a factor for the free world - let some of the anti-war folks go without gas for their cars or pay six bucks a gallon or more or lose their jobs because of the economy is failing. Unfortunately because of the mainstream media they will still blame our President - God Bless him for his resolute determination and clear view of what is essential to our survival. History will treat him kindly.

We honor our losses, every one, and are thankful for their sacrifice, however, the quit-now crowd dishonors those who gave their lives in what they considered a fight to preserve freedom and democracy not only in Iraq/Afghanistan but in the entire free-world - remember, they are patriots/volunteers! Our president told us on day one this would be a long struggle, 10 - 20 years; the enemy is patient, has no borders, economy, or infrastructure to be otherwise. The arguments of WMD are irrelevant, what is relevant is that the vital strategic interests of the entire free-world are at stake. We inherited the mission as guarantor of freedom for the entire free-world as we emerged from WWII as the only superpower on this planet, to abrogate that responsibility now would be unconscionable and destroy our God given leadership role. France Germany and the UK are already saturated with Muslims sympathetic to Islamofascists. If we don't get a handle on our legal/illegal immigration we will not be far behind.

We are currently in danger of losing our national identity through all of the feel-good, sensitivity programs that excuse immigrants who don't learn our language, our history, or assimilate into our culture. Prime minister Howard of Australia and his Cabinet Ministers have it right when they say publicly: "learn our language, our history and assimilate or leave the country" - Amen to that. To vote on election day and pick up a ballot written in a foreign language (paid for by our tax money) is offensive and a corrosive element to our national identity.

Trustful sources say there are already a couple of Islamic enclaves in two states. Their scenario is to set up a theocracy based on the argument of freedom of religion, then they circumvent US law with Islamic law and our fussy-thinking politicians and far-left liberals will think that acceptable - "sensitive".

Finally, I implore you to support this noble effort in Iraq, Afghanistan and wherever else it is required and think of what is in our national interest first and foremost instead of short term political interests. I have spent my life as a warrior and was a strong volunteer for five combat tours (Korea & Vietnam) with ground forces and as a fighter pilot and would be in combat operations today if they would have this aging warrior.

Sincerely,
L. W. Svendsen, Jr.
Major General, USAF (Ret.)

We also live in a world where several U.S. generals were seen supporting the sale of the U.S. maritime port system into the control of the Seven Emirs Arabian shadow cult. What kind of fool would I be to trust a man just because he was a general? After the seven emirs debacle, Judeo Christan intel and allied intel no longer trust any of it...
And I question the intelligence of anyone that actually believes that a democratic state shall be established in the middle east. When it is antithesis to Saudi interests. If you actually believed in american democracy, as you say, then you know the Arabian state has to be destroyed. Eventually. And Iraq is a slaughter house. And which group of religious murderers will you support general.
Get out. regroup. retrain. resupply. Let them kill each other in the valley of jehoshaphat. Let the Saudi sacrifice their own children for the Iraqi Sunni and their stupid theocracy. Or the U.S can face open ended ops for years to come. Let the Saudi fight his own war.... Sell him bombs guns and panes.
Let thm die and be maimed for their own bullskittlepattydunk....
I don't care nothing about what you talking about. If a general had come to me and tried to order me to turn over the ports to the seven emirs, I would have arrested or shot him. And anybody with him.
:D