PDA

View Full Version : Marine Family's Hopes for 2007

thedrifter
01-02-07, 02:08 PM
Sherrard, Illinois
Marine Family's Hopes for 2007

By Courtney Brennan

Sherrard, Illinois - 20-year-old Seth Schild graduated high school early to join the Marines. He leaves soon for his second tour of duty, this time in Haditha.

"My brother's over there, so I hope more than anything that he gets back safe."

Seth's older brother Tyler is currently on his second tour in Iraq. Their parents, Terry and Pam, have endured a very tense and emotional three and a half years with both sons in a war zone.

"There's nothing that can really mentally prepare you for it. I hope that both my boys get home safely, that's pretty much my hopes for 2007."

While Terry and Pam hope their sons make a speedy return, Seth, being on the ground and seeing the action, says a quick pull-out of military forces could leave many regions devastated. He says if his commanders want him to stay, he'll stay.

"I don't think its necessarily we need to get out of there, I mean there's still stuff that needs to be done, I mean we can't just leave so just whatever they feel is necessary."

The American public should find out shortly what the President thinks is necessary to move forward in Iraq. President Bush spent the holidays meeting with his top advisors and planning a new strategy for the war. While Bush says major changes are coming, Marine dad Terry Schild hopes those changes come quickly.

"I hope that they finally get a control of what's going on over there and get some ideas of how to bring this to an end in a positive, constructive way."

Ellie