PDA

View Full Version : The Libs Will Jump On This

jinelson
12-30-06, 07:05 PM
Insurgents offer U.S. 30-day truce to get out of Iraq

December 22, 2006

Story Highlights

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The leader of an umbrella organization for Iraqi insurgent groups is offering the United States a one-month truce to withdraw all U.S. forces from Iraq and turn over its military bases "to the mujahedeen of the Islamic state."

In an audiotape posted on Islamic Web sites Friday, a speaker identified as Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Mujahideen Shura Council, said that if U.S. forces begin withdrawing from Iraq immediately and leave their heavy weaponry behind, "we will allow your withdrawal to complete without anyone targeting you with any explosive or anything else."

"We say to Bush not to waste this historic opportunity that will guarantee you a safe withdrawal," al-Baghdadi said on the audiotape.

The United States was given two weeks to respond to the offer.

The Mujahideen Shura Council is an umbrella group formed in late 2005 that includes several terrorist and insurgent groups, including al Qaeda in Iraq.

On the audiotape, al-Baghdadi also called on officers from the former Iraqi army to join an "army of the Islamic state," promising them a house and a salary as long as they pass a "test of faith" intended to demonstrate the extent of their "hatred" for Saddam Hussein and his regime.

The U.S. military Friday reported five U.S. troop deaths, while Iraqi authorities reported the discovery of a dozen bodies and the kidnapping of a Sunni imam in Baghdad.

One soldier was killed and another wounded when attackers targeted a coalition patrol west of the capital, the U.S. military said. Three Marines and a sailor assigned to Regimental Combat Team 7 died Thursday from wounds suffered during combat in Anbar province, the military also said.

The deaths bring the December U.S. military death toll to 73 and the overall total during the war to 2,955; seven U.S. contractors also have been killed.

A Poolee sent me this link and I felt it worthy for the forum. I have to say its a new wrinkle for the enemy. I can hear Murtha and Kerry championing this offer now. What say ya'll lmfao? I say remove our troops now and let the bombs rain down. The terrorists still dont understand that we dont negociate with terrorists at least not until the democrats are officially in power. I can hear Pelosi now saying lets do it they arent asking for much.

Jim

10thzodiac
12-30-06, 07:16 PM
I know who will go for it more that the Lib's !

Our men and women and their families who are going to bleed, die and suffer if we don't !

As distasteful as it may be, they will still have to sell their oil to us and we will still have to buy it from them !

Al Quidea knows we can send another 50,000 troops for 5 months but not five years.

Let's cut our loses, the Russians did !

SF
10thz

LeonardLawrence
12-30-06, 07:35 PM
Can only hope that was not a real response!:mad: (above)

The U.S, negotiate with terrorists.....and follow the Russian lead??!?!?!?

I have to go take my crazy medication!:thumbdown

10thzodiac
12-30-06, 07:50 PM
Can only hope that was not a real response!:mad: (above)

The U.S, negotiate with terrorists.....and follow the Russian lead??!?!?!?

I have to go take my crazy medication!:thumbdown

It was as real as a heart attack ! Just as real as all the Americans who are going to die and be maimed over there if we don't.

Does anybody here really think this is a winnable war, when we cant even keep 50,000 more troops in Iraq longer than six months ?

I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid (anymore) !

Just wait......we'll see who is crazy

You heard of Vietnam ?

SF
10thz

SuNmAN
12-30-06, 08:36 PM

December 22, 2006

Story Highlights

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The leader of an umbrella organization for Iraqi insurgent groups is offering the United States a one-month truce to withdraw all U.S. forces from Iraq and turn over its military bases "to the mujahedeen of the Islamic state."

In an audiotape posted on Islamic Web sites Friday, a speaker identified as Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Mujahideen Shura Council, said that if U.S. forces begin withdrawing from Iraq immediately and leave their heavy weaponry behind, "we will allow your withdrawal to complete without anyone targeting you with any explosive or anything else."

"We say to Bush not to waste this historic opportunity that will guarantee you a safe withdrawal," al-Baghdadi said on the audiotape.

The United States was given two weeks to respond to the offer.

The Mujahideen Shura Council is an umbrella group formed in late 2005 that includes several terrorist and insurgent groups, including al Qaeda in Iraq.

On the audiotape, al-Baghdadi also called on officers from the former Iraqi army to join an "army of the Islamic state," promising them a house and a salary as long as they pass a "test of faith" intended to demonstrate the extent of their "hatred" for Saddam Hussein and his regime.

The U.S. military Friday reported five U.S. troop deaths, while Iraqi authorities reported the discovery of a dozen bodies and the kidnapping of a Sunni imam in Baghdad.

One soldier was killed and another wounded when attackers targeted a coalition patrol west of the capital, the U.S. military said. Three Marines and a sailor assigned to Regimental Combat Team 7 died Thursday from wounds suffered during combat in Anbar province, the military also said.

The deaths bring the December U.S. military death toll to 73 and the overall total during the war to 2,955; seven U.S. contractors also have been killed.

A Poolee sent me this link and I felt it worthy for the forum. I have to say its a new wrinkle for the enemy. I can hear Murtha and Kerry championing this offer now. What say ya'll lmfao? I say remove our troops now and let the bombs rain down. The terrorists still dont understand that we dont negociate with terrorists at least not until the democrats are officially in power. I can hear Pelosi now saying lets do it they arent asking for much.

Jim

HELL NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL NO 1000 TIMES !!!

If we withdraw, we withdraw ON OUR OWN TERMS !!! NOT SURRENDER TO THE TERRORISTS !!

jinelson
12-30-06, 08:51 PM
Whoah sweet jumpin jarheads did that come out of your mouth SuNmAN? If it did there may still be hope for you perhaps I need to reevaluate you.

Jim

10thzodiac
12-30-06, 09:02 PM
The Army guys are complaining two tours are enough and refusing to do three, maybe if you feel that strong about what you wish for others to do, you'll put your education on hold. I'm sure they can...

LeonardLawrence
12-30-06, 09:17 PM
RESPONSE IN RED BELOW.....

It was as real as a heart attack !
Okay, I will bite.....

Just as real as all the Americans who are going to die and be maimed over there if we don't.
Can you imagine the horrors that would continue when some two-bit thugs strong arm the greatest military power in the world to surrender...or leave in exchange for our troops????!!!

Does anybody here really think this is a winnable war, when we cant even keep 50,000 more troops in Iraq longer than six months ?

I would say winnable, or at least leavable where we can do some good and save face in the process of completing something! If only we could quiet those who have a 3 minute attention span. Those that cannot read anything longer than a comic strip, or those who can listen no longer than a sound byte....

I respect your right to say what you feel. The implication was that your response made me crazy. Sorry if it came off a different way. I think you are misguided.....

You heard of Vietnam ?
(Sarcastically asks:
Was that a stew or something at the new Thai restaurant?)

Serioulsy, ...Um....Yes, I have heard of it. I believe the same forces were at play there with a disinterested, weary public who needed to be coddled. My advice would be either pay attention to the whole story...or stay away from the issue.

I will wait and see, but I also think the winner of this thing will be "playing guns' on our soil if we don't win this one now....and if we bow to the playground bullies it will be the end of a Republic.....

SF
10thz

greensideout
12-30-06, 09:20 PM
HELL NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL NO 1000 TIMES !!!

If we withdraw, we withdraw ON OUR OWN TERMS !!! NOT SURRENDER TO THE TERRORISTS !!

BINGO!

SuNmAN
12-30-06, 10:16 PM
Whoah sweet jumpin jarheads did that come out of your mouth SuNmAN? If it did there may still be hope for you perhaps I need to reevaluate you.

Jim

If we withdraw, so be it, but we will do so on our own terms, NOT because those pussies "gave us a chance to".

SuNmAN
12-30-06, 10:48 PM
Geez comments from some of you irritate me so much at times, but I'm not going to bite...I will remain tactful. <br />
<br />
Listen dude, <br />
<br />
You're so caught up in your holier-than-thou left wing rhetoric you...

greensideout
12-30-06, 11:52 PM
Anyway, as for my education - no I don't want to go to Iraq. And no I don't want to put my education on hold.

If they activate me to go to Iraq, yes I will be nervous, and yes I do not want to go.

Out of context? Not really, just excerpts of your statement.

Maybe you should consider using the word "they" instead of "we" when talking about the war.

Others on this site have stepped forward to fight when they could have set back and done little more then serve themself. Think about it!

hrscowboy
12-31-06, 01:02 AM
chesty would be biting bullets if he was able to see some of these comments..

Sgt Leprechaun
12-31-06, 07:50 AM
I believe in it so much I'm trying to re-enlist. Into an LAV company.

So, SuN, if you were activated, you may end up in my squad.

Now, THAT would be interesting....LOL.

I'd go in a heartbeat.

As for this goofy offer, UBL made a similar one not long ago, basically, "Surrender now, and we will be generous".

Everyone who believes this, do a handstand now, to show your support.

DWG
12-31-06, 08:41 AM
Out of context? Not really, just excerpts of your statement.

Maybe you should consider using the word "they" instead of "we" when talking about the war.

Others on this site have stepped forward to fight when they could have set back and done little more then serve themself. Think about it!

Dammit; you've got me siding with Sunman on this; you did take him out of context; he did say he would go without whining! And anyone who was heading for a combat zone who said he wasn't uneasy about it would worry me! He did enlist in the Corps and that isn't required -it's voluntary. It's not exactly as if the hadjis are at our shore (yet). I wouldn't want to serve under him, but I wouldn't hesitate to serve with him!

SuNmAN
12-31-06, 08:44 AM
Dammit; you've got me siding with Sunman on this; you did take him out of context; he did say he would go without whining! And anyone who was heading for a combat zone who said he wasn't uneasy about it would worry me! He did enlist in the Corps and that isn't required -it's voluntary. It's not exactly as if the hadjis are at our shore (yet). I wouldn't want to serve under him, but I wouldn't hesitate to serve with him!

I wouldn't serve under me right now either, because at 20 years old I have not matured enough to lead a platoon of men, but I am supremely confident that one day IF I choose to take that career route, I would make an excellent commander, simply because I am someone who is willing to put the welfare of my troops before that of my own.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-31-06, 08:58 AM
Well, SuN, you've certainly got the ego part down pat!

:)

I'd advise learning to be a good NCO first; it'll help considerably if you do go the Mustang route...

DWG
12-31-06, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't serve under me right now either, because at 20 years old I have not matured enough to lead a platoon of men, but I am supremely confident that one day IF I choose to take that career route, I would make an excellent commander, simply because I am someone who is willing to put the welfare of my troops before that of my own.

When you are willing to put the welfare of your troops ahead of any hostiles or potential hostiles in the area and your own career, I would (in my day) have been happy to serve under your command. Right now I think you think too much for a field commander. That's the job of the higher ups-survival first; argument later! Mini-Maslow scale.

10thzodiac
12-31-06, 09:27 AM
REPLY IN RED <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Make A difference Stay In School <br />
10thz

thedrifter
12-31-06, 09:31 AM
Look at it this way....

We agree to disagree with some opinions....;)

Ellie

DWG
12-31-06, 09:59 AM
It would be nice if we still lived in the day of Adams, or even McArthur; but our oceans no longer protect us from the evil in the world. We are too tied to foreign oil and trade to turn a blind eye to terrorism in the world of TODAY! They brought it to Us. This crap about how we have screwed with them is just that; crap! If these animals have a problem with their governments take it up with them. Blaming the U.S. for every fart that goes wrong in hadji land is getting old. "Oh, it would be so much like Paradise if it weren't for the evil Zionists and Americans". B***S***! If they would finally look inward, practice, what they try to convince us it means, true islamic "peaceful" theocracy, they might actually drag themselves into, if not the 21st century, at least the 19th or 20th. If the Butler isolationism would have worked I'd be all for it. Pearl Harbor kinda settled that and made the US realize, like it or not, we are gonna have to deal with these foriegners on some level besides "arms length." The evil "military-industrial" complex has done more to raise standards around the world than anything else, like it or not. In reality, "there really be monsters out there, whether we want them to be or not."

Sgt Leprechaun
12-31-06, 10:22 AM
Aye! But, it's so much easier to blame "th' Joooos" for your own inability to succeed, be it as a country or on a personal level, that it's become the standard excuse for remaining mired in the 13th freakin century. And now, it's "Amurrkkkka's" fault as well.

It's all so much fart sniffin twaddle designed to make the average goat herder feel better about why he can't 'succeed'.

ggyoung
12-31-06, 11:07 AM
SuN=========I knew 18 year, 19 years old who were squad leaders as a L/CPLs. I have read about 20 year old CPL and SGTS who ended up as plt. leaders in Vietnam.

10thzodiac
12-31-06, 12:31 PM
It would be nice if we still lived in the day of Adams, or even McArthur; but our oceans no longer protect us from the evil in the world. We are too tied to foreign oil and trade to turn a blind eye to terrorism in the world of TODAY! They brought it to Us. This crap about how we have screwed with them is just that; crap! If these animals have a problem with their governments take it up with them. Blaming the U.S. for every fart that goes wrong in hadji land is getting old. "Oh, it would be so much like Paradise if it weren't for the evil Zionists and Americans". B***S***! If they would finally look inward, practice, what they try to convince us it means, true islamic "peaceful" theocracy, they might actually drag themselves into, if not the 21st century, at least the 19th or 20th. If the Butler isolationism would have worked I'd be all for it. Pearl Harbor kinda settled that and made the US realize, like it or not, we are gonna have to deal with these foriegners on some level besides "arms length." The evil "military-industrial" complex has done more to raise standards around the world than anything else, like it or not. In reality, "there really be monsters out there, whether we want them to be or not."

DW, I hear you, but if our FBI hierarchy was listening to its field agents and the president was taking his "Morning National Security Threat Briefings" more seriously, there would of been no 9/11.

Just like General Billy Mitchell, General Butler also warned too: "Let's build up a national defense so tight that even a rat couldn't crawl through!"

So, what do we do instead, quoting H.L. Mencken:

As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

SF
10thz

DWG
12-31-06, 12:35 PM
Even if I agreed that GWB deserved that, which I don't, he would not be the one who got the cherry on it; in other words, he wasn't the first.

10thzodiac
12-31-06, 12:44 PM
Even if I agreed that GWB deserved that, which I don't, he would not be the one who got the cherry on it; in other words, he wasn't the first.

You don't, but you do http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/06.gif please make up my mind http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif

SF
10thz http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/22.gif

DWG
12-31-06, 12:46 PM
If I agreed, which I don't, he wouldn't have been the first. Exxxxxcuuuuse me, I used the wrong tense! :p

Besides, maybe I want to run for offfice as a Dem in Mass.

10thzodiac
12-31-06, 01:02 PM
If I agreed, which I don't, he wouldn't have been the first. Exxxxxcuuuuse me, I used the wrong tense! :p

Besides, maybe I want to run for offfice as a Dem in Mass.

DW, don't worry it ain't supposed to make sense; it's something that we all believe that nobody in his right mind would ever believe. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/34.gif

Happy New Year Marine !

SF
10thz

yellowwing
12-31-06, 01:26 PM
December 22, 2006
Story Highlights
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) --
Nope, its been 8 days. Nothing from the "Libs" on this one. False alarm. Return to normal duties. :evilgrin:

SuNmAN
12-31-06, 02:28 PM
Well, SuN, you've certainly got the ego part down pat!

:)

I'd advise learning to be a good NCO first; it'll help considerably if you do go the Mustang route...

if the cutting score for my MOS to Corporal wasn't frickin 1750 then maybe

because I'm a high first class PFT, high expert shooter, 20 ponits recruiting bonus, got MCIs, 4.6/4.6 pro/cons and I'm still like 2 years away from corporal

ridiculous.

SuNmAN
12-31-06, 02:30 PM
SuN=========I knew 18 year, 19 years old who were squad leaders as a L/CPLs. I have read about 20 year old CPL and SGTS who ended up as plt. leaders in Vietnam.

they've had combat experience though

there's this saying that goes something along the lines of "you age much faster in combat" or something

right now I'm a 20 year old college kid

I am beaming with confidence and I know what I'm capable of, but right now there are a lot more seasoned men that can lead a platoon more effectively

Think of me as your rookie first round draft pick...you just want to keep your veteran player in while I learn for a season or two, then I'll come out guns blazing.

SuNmAN
12-31-06, 02:33 PM
When you are willing to put the welfare of your troops ahead of any hostiles or potential hostiles in the area and your own career, I would (in my day) have been happy to serve under your command. Right now I think you think too much for a field commander. That's the job of the higher ups-survival first; argument later! Mini-Maslow scale.

but then again, I have time to think now

given a combat situation and not me just chillin in front of my screen, I doubt I would be thinking as much but rather just reacting.

Former CENTCOM Commander Army General Tommy Franks spoke out greatly against careerism - putting your own career ahead of making the right decision.

I take his words to heart greatly.

SuNmAN
12-31-06, 02:35 PM
REPLY IN RED

Make A difference Stay In School
10thz
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/22.gif

I didn't volunteer everyone else to fight and die.

we're already there. I jsut volunteer not to surrender to the enemy.

If we withdraw, we do so on OUR TERMS, not theirs.

10thzodiac
12-31-06, 02:57 PM
if the cutting score for my MOS to Corporal wasn't frickin 1750 then maybe

because I'm a high first class PFT, high expert shooter, 20 ponits recruiting bonus, got MCIs, 4.6/4.6 pro/cons and I'm still like 2 years away from corporal

ridiculous.

I had a cutting score of 167 and only a lowly marksman, fair to middling con/ pro marks, the 1st Sergeant promised to bust me the first chance he got, the Gunny knew I destroyed his wall and foot locker and I made Corporal two years to the day meritoriously ~ Not because I was PC, but because I proved I could cut the mustard at NCO School 3/41. Top man was 92, I was 90.20.

When I left the Corps I was a rifle expert (M-14), passed my sergeants test three times and last con/pro marks 4.7 & 4.8 with 33 months in grade as corporal.
They promised me the next E-5 that came along if I stayed in http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/18.gif

SF
10thz

greensideout
12-31-06, 02:58 PM

QUOTE: "he did say he would go without whining!"

Yes, I am sure that he would. If ordered to go, he would or go to the brig. That's not exactly stepping up to help our brothers under fire.

He sounds off with comments of him being a leader and one who would take care of the troops. He could do that now if he didn't put himself first as his action shows.

My comment stands in my view, but thanks for your input.

10thzodiac
12-31-06, 03:11 PM
Why get killed when you can run ... your ego will heal much faster than death...

Just Joking http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/18.gif

FistFu68
12-31-06, 06:30 PM
:usmc: "War is an ugly thing,but not the ugliest of things.A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,nothing He care's about more than His personal safety,is a Miserable Creature who has no choice of being Free,unless made and kept so by the Exertion of better Men;than Himself! :usmc:

SuNmAN
01-01-07, 03:11 AM
QUOTE: "he did say he would go without whining!"

Yes, I am sure that he would. If ordered to go, he would or go to the brig. That's not exactly stepping up to help our brothers under fire.

He sounds off with comments of him being a leader and one who would take care of the troops. He could do that now if he didn't put himself first as his action shows.

My comment stands in my view, but thanks for your input.

I'm sorry if I'm not dying to go to Iraq and play with IEDs

If I'm ordered, I'll go, fight hard and do my best

in the meanwhile

I ain't volunteering for it.

10thzodiac
01-01-07, 04:31 PM
Its different when its you, Sonny.

The Soldier is the last one that wants war.

There would be less wars if the big mouths that promoted/continued them would have to do the fighting !

“I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to get a deferment [Vietnam]. Nor was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to better myself and learn to fly airplanes.”
~ George W. Bush...

10thz

DWG
01-01-07, 05:50 PM
“I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to get a deferment [Vietnam]. Nor was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to better myself and learn to fly airplanes.”
~ George W. Bush...

10thz
Still getting our news from the onion, I see.

SuNmAN
01-01-07, 06:06 PM
Its different when its you, Sonny.

The Soldier is the last one that wants war.

There would be less wars if the big mouths that promoted/continued them would have to do the fighting !

~ George W. Bush...

10thz

I already said I don't want to go. No sane person does. But I WILL answer the call of duty of my beloved country like a man.

10thzodiac
01-01-07, 06:32 PM
Still getting our news from the onion, I see.

I think war is a dangerous place ~ George W. Bush

<HR style="COLOR: #ccccff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
~ George W. Bush
1984-05 to the Houston Chronicle

Sgt Leprechaun
01-01-07, 08:43 PM
Oh brother.

BTW, SuN, if I'm accepted for Reenlistment, I'll be volunteering to go.

Not because I have a burning desire to dodge IED's, but because I won't be able to look at myself in the mirror if I dodge the deployment. And, I've got a wife and four kids. But, I'm going anyway. Does that make me 'more' of a Marine or a man than you? No. But, if "I" had your chances, I'd be going.

BTW, Bush stood a better chance of getting killed flying as a fighter pilot than he did going to Vietnam. I personally know 4 officers that were killed during peacetime, flying F-4 Phantoms. 4. So, if the quote is true, it's understandable. He's never claimed to be something he's not.

drumcorpssnare
01-02-07, 07:46 AM
America should make a counter offer to the 30-day cease-fire offered by the towel heads. How about a 30-year cease-fire when we're done killin' all their
nutcase radical terrorists?

Sounds good to me...
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

SuNmAN
01-02-07, 08:36 AM
America should make a counter offer to the 30-day cease-fire offered by the towel heads. How about a 30-year cease-fire when we're done killin' all their
nutcase radical terrorists?

Sounds good to me...

too bad not all terrorists have "I am terrorist" written on their foreheads otherwise ur plan might work

SuNmAN
01-02-07, 08:37 AM
Oh brother.

BTW, SuN, if I'm accepted for Reenlistment, I'll be volunteering to go.

Not because I have a burning desire to dodge IED's, but because I won't be able to look at myself in the mirror if I dodge the deployment. And, I've got a wife and four kids. But, I'm going anyway. Does that make me 'more' of a Marine or a man than you? No. But, if "I" had your chances, I'd be going.

BTW, Bush stood a better chance of getting killed flying as a fighter pilot than he did going to Vietnam. I personally know 4 officers that were killed during peacetime, flying F-4 Phantoms. 4. So, if the quote is true, it's understandable. He's never claimed to be something he's not.

how is it "dodging" the deployment? It is not taking any course of action to evade deployment to Iraq whatsoever. It's just standing by and letting fate take its course.

OLE SARG
01-02-07, 08:48 AM
The demos and leftist (to include 10th) philosophy - "CUT AND RUN"!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Sgt Leprechaun
01-03-07, 08:21 AM
how is it "dodging" the deployment? It is not taking any course of action to evade deployment to Iraq whatsoever. It's just standing by and letting fate take its course.

Disregard if I meant it to sound like you are 'dodging', that would require active participation.

However, I stand by the remainder of my statement; in later years, you'll quite probably regret 'standing by and letting fate take it's course'. Perhaps not.

I sure would.

rktect3j
01-03-07, 09:22 AM
It was as real as a heart attack ! Just as real as all the Americans who are going to die and be maimed over there if we don't.

You heard of Vietnam ?

SF
10thz

Losing this war would be a terrible thing but losing it and giving into the terrorists would be twice as bad for ten times the duration. Do the right tthings from this moment foreward in the situation we are already in and it can work itself out. Don't fall into the trap of the easy way out. Easy never gets the job done right just quickly and ineffectively.

Dave Coup
01-03-07, 10:54 AM
Jesu Christ Almighty! WTF are some of you guys thinking? These people want to destroy us! This is War!

echo3oscar1833
01-03-07, 11:18 AM
All, first and formost I can honeslty say some of the remarks on here are disgusting me, and I know alot of other Marines would feel the same. I'll be straight foward. I never served in Iraq or any...

Sgt Leprechaun
01-03-07, 11:39 AM
Well said, LCpl. Sounds to me like you did good. More than most of the non hackers out there today, that's for sure. Be proud of the fact you served, and served well.

Aint it a helluva note? Guys who WANT to go, or even just simply re-enlist, can't due to factors beyond their control. Yet, those who could CHOOSE to be 'at the tip of the spear, edge of the empire', choose not to be.

I equate this with those people who enlist in the military (any service) and then try to get out of deployments, or being stationed far from home. WTF??? I WANTED to freakin deploy.

You know the old line, "What did you do, in the great World War 2, daddy?....At least you won't have to say...[sigh]'Well....I shoveled *hit in Louisiana" .

I think of that when I hear some of these people complaining...

10thzodiac
01-03-07, 12:10 PM
The demos and leftist (to include 10th) philosophy - "CUT AND RUN"!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

While campaigning for President in 2000, George W. Bush made clear his position on nation building saying, "I don't think our troops ought to be used for what's called nation building" adding that, if elected, he would "absolutely not" engage in such open-ended commitments.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/fantasy/unicorn.gif (10thzodiac)

Sgt Leprechaun
01-03-07, 12:13 PM
And, it'll shock you I know, but I agreed with that at the time. However, sad to say, the times have changed, like it or not. I don't much like it, but that's just the way it is.

10thzodiac
01-03-07, 12:16 PM
Rather than avoiding the lessons of such disasters as the "nation building" war in Vietnam, Americans, if not America's elected leaders, should look to that tragic episode to explain the "quagmire" unfolding in Iraq. This is not a humanitarian mission any more than was the American mission to Southeast Asia forty years ago. It is a fraudulent war that is now perpetuated by political ideologues and war profiteers with much to lose. Without legitimacy among the people, the whole project, including whatever "government" is put in place, is doomed to failure. Iraqi resistance will only grow. The cycle of answering that resistance with greater levels of force is perpetual. It should come as no surprise that the Iraqi people are no less impressed with this version of "nation building" than were the Vietnamese people with the earlier version.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/fantasy/unicorn.gif

rktect3j
01-03-07, 12:41 PM
we should just quit.

drumcorpssnare
01-03-07, 01:10 PM
President George W. Bush announced today that he, along with his White House Staff, the Joint Chiefs, and members of the Baker Commission, will be meeting with 10thzodiac and rktect3j in order to come to a concensus on ending the war in Iraq.
The President was quoted as saying, "It's obvious that these are the only two people who have any clue on how to end this conflict." When asked about all the previous input from the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the State Department, the CIA, Iraqi government officials, etc., Bush replied, "Well, all these guys are just a bunch of clowns. They're idiots! I should have just checked in with 10thz and rktect3j in the first place! But, ya know...you live and learn."
Political analysts agree that after tonights meeting, the President will be able to announce that thanks to the input of these two fine Marines, the war will end tomorrow. A solid democracy will be in place in Iraq, and all terrorist insurgents will turn in their weapons and surrender to the authorities. Osama Bin Laden will surrender, and offer all the financial recources of El Quaida to help build the Freedom Tower in NYC.
And we'll all live happily ever after...
And the check is in the mail.....
And I promise not to **** in your mouth....

DWG
01-03-07, 01:12 PM
Aaaahhhh; ya had me until that last line! I thought is was true!:p :confused:

konman1
01-03-07, 01:20 PM
Hey Jarheads, remember this: "THE MISSION OF THE MARINE RIFLE SQUAD IS, TO LOCATE, CLOSE WITH, AND DESTROY THE ENEMY BY FIRE AND MANUVER AND TO REPEL THE ENEMYS ATTACK BY FIRE AND CLOSE COMBAT". WHERE IN THE THE BLOODY HELL DOES IT SAY COWER TO A PUSSY TERRORIST!!!!! Some of you need to reach down and grab a hold, withdraw because the Ruskies did, what the hell is wrong with you. All I have to say is forget about all this PC bull**** and the damn popularity contest, and kick the living **** out of these terrorists by ANY means nesassary.

Semper Fi,
Jay

jinelson
01-03-07, 01:23 PM
ROTFLMMFAO!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/froglaffing.gif

Good Shot drumcorpssnare!

drumcorpssnare
01-03-07, 01:26 PM
DW- Man, I don't know what I was thinkin' with that last line, there. I should retract it, because after all, I am a Marine!:D

DWG
01-03-07, 01:37 PM
DW- Man, I don't know what I was thinkin' with that last line, there. I should retract it, because after all, I am a Marine!

And Marines don't pull out until the job is done! :) That's how I caught the lie!:D

drumcorpssnare
01-03-07, 01:43 PM
DW- I finally had to face the facts and admit to my wife that I do indeed suffer from MPS. (Man-Pig Syndrome)
Her and I joke about it all the time! LOL:D

DWG
01-03-07, 01:49 PM
DW- I finally had to face the facts and admit to my wife that I do indeed suffer from MPS. (Man-Pig Syndrome)
Her and I joke about it all the time! LOL:D
Yeah; you THINK she's joking! :mad:

rktect3j
01-03-07, 02:04 PM
President George W. Bush announced today that he, along with his White House Staff, the Joint Chiefs, and members of the Baker Commission, will be meeting with 10thzodiac and rktect3j in order to come to a concensus on ending the war in Iraq.
My response was sarcasm.

drumcorpssnare
01-03-07, 02:11 PM
rktect3j- So was mine...:D Sorry Marine. Thought you were under the spell of 10thz. LOL

rktect3j
01-03-07, 02:15 PM
rktect3j- So was mine...:D Sorry Marine. Thought you were under the spell of 10thz. LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/rktect3j/untitled-1.jpg

yellowwing
01-03-07, 02:22 PM

Dang, why wasn't I invited? :mad:

DWG
01-03-07, 02:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/rktect3j/untitled-1.jpg
I think 10z needs to use this for his icon instead of that little horny horse!:D

drumcorpssnare
rktect3j- ROFLMFAO!!!:D :banana:

Sgt Leprechaun
Lol!!!

drumcorpssnare
01-03-07, 02:28 PM
yellowwing- Sorry. Only those with the IQ of a sea cucumber were invited.:D

10thzodiac
01-03-07, 03:58 PM
"Operation Enduring Occupation"..."We Had To Invade, They Were Working On Weapons Of Mass Disintegration"...

http://www.absolutely-funny-humor.com/funny-pictures/Iraqs%20Weapons%20of%20Mass%20Destruction.gif

FistFu68
01-03-07, 04:10 PM
:usmc: (LMFAO):usmc: :beer:

drumcorpssnare
01-04-07, 06:28 AM
10thz- Wow, nice intel photo! Have you ever seen one of those things go off? NOT a pretty picture....and REALLY loud!:D

Dave Coup
01-04-07, 07:13 AM
I'm thinking there's a smell that goes along with the noise. What about back blast>

10thzodiac
01-04-07, 07:24 AM
I'm thinking there's a smell that goes along with the noise. What about back blast>

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/27.gif