PDA

View Full Version : Marine captain's funeral protested (Wisconsin)

thedrifter
12-30-06, 03:40 PM
Marine captain's funeral protested (Wisconsin)
gmtoday ^ | 12-30-06 | ZAK MAZUR

When news spread about the death of Marine Capt. Kevin Kryst of West Bend, the community conveyed its condolences and compassion to Kryst's family and friends.

Not so the members of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan.

"I am mad at the parents (of Kryst) for raising a child for the devil," said Timothy Phelps, who is related to Fred W. Phelps Sr., the preacher of the Westboro Baptist Church, whom most members of the congregation are related. "Absolutely (Kryst) is in hell."

Eight members of the congregation - dubbed a "hate group" by the Southern Poverty Law Center - came to West Bend Friday night where they held aloft placards on the corner of South Main Street and Hawthorn Drive that read: "Thank God For Dead Soldiers," "God Hates Fags," "Your Sons Are In Hell," "Thank God For IED's," "Semper Fi, Semper Fags" and more.

A small group of local teenagers protested the protester's anti-homosexual views.

The congregation makes it a point to travel all over the country and protest at the funerals of fallen U.S. soldiers.

Passengers in vehicles slowed down to shout angry expletives at the Westboro protesters; some made gestures with their middle fingers. The protesters simply sang and shouted louder in return.

Members of the Westboro Baptist Church believe the United States is a sinful nation, and therefore an enemy of god. One of their most bitter complaints about the United States is that homosexuals are allowed to live.

"The government should invoke the death penalty for being gay," said Sara Phelps, 25, and the granddaughter of Phelps Sr. She added that she felt no compassion for the Kryst family.

"Of course I don't (have compassion for them)," she said. "This is a patriotic pep rally, that is why I do not have compassion for them."

The Westboro protest elicited a counter-protest by three teenagers from West Bend and one from Slinger.

"I keep watch on them (though the Internet)," said Devin Merget, 16, of Slinger. "(Phelps Sr.) is the nation's foremost homophobe. I want to stress the importance of opposing bigots like these."

"I believe they don't know what God hates," said Ben Barker, 14, who attends West Bend West High School. "It's ridiculous to think they are representing God."

There was a police presence that kept the two groups apart and to ensure that angry words did not erupt into physical violence. It was a good thing they were there.

"I don't like these people, they are desecrating God and the United States," said Kevin Heintz who was taking a cigarette break during his shift at Domino's Pizza across the street from the Westboro protesters. "If I wasn't working right now, I'd whoop some serious (expletive)."

Rest In Peace

Ellie

SuNmAN
12-30-06, 03:48 PM
ROFL the Phelps family

a group of inbred lunatics who think they are preaching the word of God

those false witnesses are the ones going to hell, not our soldiers and Mairnes !!!

recon532002
12-30-06, 04:44 PM
How come the Patriot Riders were Not Informed
RECON

DWG
12-30-06, 04:45 PM
Damn, gotta go 100% with the SuNmaN on this. The jerks are 1 preacher and the rest of the family are lawyers-guess what they are hoping for. It would be nice if the cops could turn their backs for ten minutes while some folks dealt with this scum. Unfortunately you know they have video backup somewhere just waiting for this to happen. Perhaps an RV could happen to careen out of control at just the right time? Why don't they go to their version of Jonestown and have a kool-aide party? Then they wouldn't have to be tortured by the sins of this Country. They're gonna bust hell wide open!

Bless the soul of Capt. Kryst and may his family find peace in their time of sorrow and in his sacrifice.

SuNmAN
12-30-06, 06:42 PM
Damn, gotta go 100% with the SuNmaN on this. The jerks are 1 preacher and the rest of the family are lawyers-guess what they are hoping for. It would be nice if the cops could turn their backs for ten minutes while some folks dealt with this scum. Unfortunately you know they have video backup somewhere just waiting for this to happen. Perhaps an RV could happen to careen out of control at just the right time? Why don't they go to their version of Jonestown and have a kool-aide party? Then they wouldn't have to be tortured by the sins of this Country. They're gonna bust hell wide open!

Bless the soul of Capt. Kryst and may his family find peace in their time of sorrow and in his sacrifice.

they're all inbred too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

lol I guess for them homosexuality is sinful but incest is cool

Roogger
12-30-06, 09:16 PM
Is this the same church as the Roper chick from a little while ago? Wow I'm suprised we havn't heard anything about these people getting "offed".

Roogger
12-30-06, 09:24 PM
5 minute rule got me on the edit-

During a March 26 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_26), 1993 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993) protest at Topeka's Vintage Restaurant, a riot broke out and eight WBC members were hospitalized for various minor injuries;

In 1994, a woman tried to run down protesters in Topeka after one of them screamed obscenities at her while her pick-up truck was parked at a stop light. She was arrested, but was later found not guilty due to temporary insanity
In 2003, WBC member Charles Hockenbarger had his face crushed in a beating after standing on a street corner holding a sign reading "THANK GOD FOR SEPT. 11".

During a protest at the 2005 presidential inauguration of George W. Bush (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush), WBC protesters were slapped, kicked and had their signs forcefully taken by other protesters

There have been differing reports on actions at an October 5 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_5), 2005 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005), picket of a Wisconsin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin) soldier's funeral. One report was that Sheriff Todd Nehls asked Paulette Phelps to move so he could protect her. Her group called him a Nazi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazism) and refused to comply. A conflicting claim put forth by members of the WBC alleges that Sheriff Nehls punched Paulette Phelps in the face.

Those are great news articles....

jinelson
12-30-06, 09:24 PM
by SuNmAN - ROFL the Phelps family

a group of inbred lunatics who think they are preaching the word of God

those false witnesses are the ones going to hell, not our soldiers and Mairnes !!!

Sweet jumping jarheads two posts that didnt torque my jaw in one day I am definately reevaluating you now. You are becoming as moderate as I am now bro, the next thing you know you may be advocating actually fighting our enemy as we should be fighting them.

Winky Winky

Jim

kato811
12-30-06, 10:04 PM
Recon the Patriot Guard olny shows up at the funerals at the familys request

Roogger
12-30-06, 10:18 PM
Recon the Patriot Guard olny shows up at the funerals at the familys request

Because it is distasteful to show and make a racket protesting at a funeral. I wish some other people got the memo.

SuNmAN
12-30-06, 10:21 PM
Sweet jumping jarheads two posts that didnt torque my jaw in one day I am definately reevaluating you now. You are becoming as moderate as I am now bro, the next thing you know you may be advocating actually fighting our enemy as we should be fighting them.

Winky Winky

Jim

sorry Staff Sergeant but you are not moderate by any means lol

semperfiman
12-30-06, 10:36 PM
i wouldn't mind spending a few days in jail for a good purpose

sgt tony
12-30-06, 10:45 PM
We need to find a way to send this damn group to Russia or Cuba then they will be a true enemy that I can shoot and smile at the same time.
They are not Americans and shoud be deported. There is got to be a way to do this leagly.

SuNmAN
12-30-06, 11:11 PM
We need to find a way to send this damn group to Russia or Cuba then they will be a true enemy that I can shoot and smile at the same time.
They are not Americans and shoud be deported. There is got to be a way to do this leagly.

they are a disgrace to mankind

DKiddJr
12-31-06, 02:34 AM
Ready on the Right. Ready on the Left......

Sgt Leprechaun
12-31-06, 07:54 AM
The problem with these goofballs is this, they WANT people to kick their *ss; that way, they can sue the local gummint body (county, city, state, etc) for more money, to keep their looney church going. That's how they've been able to continue to do this stuff.

I'd like to see them ALL beaten with cinderblocks then sodomized by large, hairy, San Francisco transvestites.

DWG
12-31-06, 08:14 AM
i wouldn't mind spending a few days in jail for a good purpose
I don't think any of us would-Hell, SuNmaN would probably even volunteer as team leader on this one-But like Leprechaun says-they don't care about getting beat down, they look forward to it, more publicity and potential lawsuits. Soooo, first we have to divest ourselves of any assets, to someone we trust, and then you are free to beat the living crap out of them with no possible lucrative litigation on their part. I would suggest hoods but that's just so "retro" and not keeping in the sanctity of the moment. :mad:

DWG
12-31-06, 08:17 AM
The problem with these goofballs is this, they WANT people to kick their *ss; that way, they can sue the local gummint body (county, city, state, etc) for more money, to keep their looney church going. That's how they've been able to continue to do this stuff.

I'd like to see them ALL beaten with cinderblocks then sodomized by large, hairy, San Francisco transvestites.

Even better; surely there are some huge, hair trigger psycopathic homosexuals out there that would like to give vent to their rage in a socially acceptable manner? :D