PDA

View Full Version : Info on Marines

Superd954
12-29-06, 10:55 AM
Hello all, I was looking into other service options, I am currently in USCG reserve and wanted to explore other avenues. I know USMC ratings are limited but I wanted to find info on where my civilian career field as a paramedic could best be utilized in the reserves? Any input would be appreciated.

yellowwing
12-29-06, 11:21 AM
It depends on you. Your age, your goals, your family status.

Every Marine Corps Military Occupation Specialty (MOS, not ratings) is combat oriented. Either directly involved in combat or supporting combat.

We borrow the finest human beings in the world from the Navy for our Corpsman.

We try to recruit individuals that have a burning desire to be a Marine. Those folks that cannot imagine a life doing anything else.

Marine84
12-29-06, 12:09 PM
You mean there are folks that WANT to do something else?

DWG
12-29-06, 12:38 PM
You mean there are folks that WANT to do something else?
They are the ones who become politicians! Bottom feeders!

Marine84
12-29-06, 01:23 PM
Lol Dw

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-29-06, 01:26 PM
OK, I will try to answer the question. We don't have medics, so you will not be in a job that directly relates to your career of the moment. If you want to serve with the Marines but be a medic, you need to enlist in the Navy as a Corpsman, and then make the jump to the FMF.

If you just want to be a Marine and still use your training some, any Marine unit could use you, particularly the infantry units. It would never hurt to have an extra person with a high level of pre-hospital medical training around. Your skill set could well save the life of a Marine, even if you are not assigned as a medic or Corpsman.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-29-06, 01:27 PM
They are the ones who become politicians! Bottom feeders!

I happen to be heavily involved in that particular area. I think I may be offended!!:mad:

OK, maybe you're right, who knows.

DWG
12-29-06, 01:53 PM
I happen to be heavily involved in that particular area. I think I may be offended!!:mad:

OK, maybe you're right, who knows.
As a politician or a bottom feeder? That's redundant, sorry. If you can still be offended there is still hope for you. Find real work asap; anything productive will do. Follow superds' example and be a paramedic or a chimneysweep, anything but politics-look what it did to murtha!:scared:

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-29-06, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I'm not on Murtha's team though.