PDA

View Full Version : [b]attention On Deck!!!![/b]

Barndog
02-01-03, 05:56 AM
The following is an email reply I recieved off the USS Duluth. Ssgt Arndt - came to me from a friend of his Mother's - whom knew I am a Marine. As you can probally guess I'm not one for the usual 'send message to military member' websites.

I hope you all read it, reply to it as you can, and pray for each of our Brothers and Sisters.

Semper Fidelis

Tony 'Barndog' Barnhart
USMC 1978-1983
MI ARNG 1984-1992

Barndog,
Thanks for the inspirational letter. All Marines past, and present, are carried with me in my heart. Semper Fi. As a SSgt with Seirra battery 5/11 (Steel Rain),we are a M198 Howitzer battery. I know the road ahead may end up in war. There will be many lives that depend on me, and that in its self is a little stressfull. But, I have alot of support, and am surrounded by nothing less than the best. Its great to see your life has turn out good. I to can relate to some of your experiences. I am 27, with 1 failed marrage, I am again married to the best woman god put on this earth. Its not easy being away from her and my 3 children, on a boat pointed in harms way. She is very understanding, and she is the main factor that keeps me fighting for this country, that I will serve untill they wont let me anymore. Its hard for me though, I can except the fact that I may someday die for our country, but Id rather make someone else die for theres! When this is all said and done, It would be my honor to sit down and toast one for our veterans who served our country proud, with you. Keep the letters coming, all mail ispires me, like most people cant imagine. I will be off the boat in two weeks, all mail will have to come the old fashion way. I dont know how much time I will have to write, but all mail will be replied to..

SSgt Arndt RT
"S" Btry 5/11 UIC 39815 BOX 1573
FPO AP 96609-1573

Please foward this to any that will write. Take care of yourself, and wave that flag high and proud for the troops over here. Alot of people dont understand what were doing over here, but we dont have a choice. It kills me to see people protesting on the news, when half of them dont even understand who gave them there rights. Well once again take care of yourself and stay strong.

Osotogary
02-08-03, 09:10 PM
Did this one awhile back. Enjoy.
Gary

lurchenstein
02-09-03, 12:25 AM
Well said Barndog. Regardless of the critics, I'm convinced we're represented by the best.
Semper Fidelis!

wrbones
02-09-03, 12:29 AM
I think in many ways, the active duty Marines of today are better trained than we were.

If they aren't afraid of a good fight, we're in good hands indeed!

shortround68
02-09-03, 12:51 AM
I don't know about better trained, but they defenitely have better equipment to work with. We had to fight the war with gear left over from WWII and anything that the Army didn't want.
Hell, we would be lost today with all this modern technology.
Semper Fi
Shortround

shortround68
02-09-03, 12:52 AM
where's my stripes?????

wrbones
02-09-03, 01:03 AM
ShortRound, my biggest worry I think, is that these kids don't know how to scrounge...uh.... do a basic recon for things they might need form other resources! :D Yer right. They might have it too easy that way!

Osotogary
02-09-03, 07:16 PM
Maybe this has happened in your home. Enjoy.
Gary

lurchenstein
02-16-03, 10:25 AM
Been 14-15 years since the kids sounded reveille. (I always pulled rank on them.)