PDA

View Full Version : Did Santa Bring You Anything "Marine Corps" Related?

drumcorpssnare
12-28-06, 08:08 AM
I must have been good this year, because Santa was nice to me! I got four nicely framed prints of Marine snare drummers, circa 1775, 1812, 1863, and 1971. Having served as a snare drummer in the Corps, this artwork is close to my heart.
Santa also brought me an 1890's representation of the Marine Corps Emblem, complete with a gilded 'Victorian' frame. Fits in nicely with the 'turn of the century' decor of my home.
Next on my list, for my birthday next month....a set of 8th & I Drum and Bugle Corps 'toy soldiers', circa 1955.:banana:
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

SuNmAN
12-28-06, 09:08 AM
lol my best friend who is Active 0331 but will be medically discharged soon (Humvee rollover) came home and brought me one of those new desert camouflauge ILBE packs <br />
<br />
I was like dude...what am I...

drumcorpssnare
12-28-06, 09:38 AM
SuNmaN- You can use that pack to haul your MRE's, First-Aid kit, map and compass, extra wool socks, etc. all over th campus!:D

SuNmAN
12-28-06, 07:38 PM
SuNmaN- You can use that pack to haul your MRE's, First-Aid kit, map and compass, extra wool socks, etc. all over th campus!:D

lol MREs are worse than dorm food

I wouldnt eat that unless I was positively starving

thedrifter
12-29-06, 11:29 AM
Hubby(fontman) had to be a real good boy this year, since he was given an Eagle Globe and Anchor wall plaque....;)

Ellie

drumcorpssnare
12-29-06, 11:54 AM
drifter- My wife always tells me when I'm good, I'm good. But when I'm bad, I'm very good.:D

Sgt Leprechaun
12-31-06, 07:03 AM
I got 2 USMC books, the "Making of an officer" one, and "BLood Stripes". Also got a reprint of the Dec 7 NYT. So, it wasn't a bad Christmas for me!

drumcorpssnare
01-02-07, 06:34 AM
Sgt Leprechaun- Good thing the NYT wasn't as liberal as it is now, or your headline would read, "US Government Forces the Hand of the Japanese.":D

echo3oscar1833
01-02-07, 01:06 PM
My Wife got me a 2nd Assault Amphibian Bn Hooded Sweater. Pretty nice she ussually gets me a Marine thing every year.

drumcorpssnare
01-02-07, 01:14 PM
My Wife got me a 2nd Assault Amphibian Bn Hooded Sweater. Pretty nice she ussually gets me a Marine thing every year.

NICE!

capmarine
01-02-07, 01:20 PM
i bought my own USMC bicycling jersey from sgt grits.didnt wait on santa.

thedrifter
01-02-07, 01:20 PM
Every year I bought one Marine item for my late husband...

All my children divided them up and each of them have a tressured memory from their Dad...and a little bit of history...

I'm starting that tradition with Mark(fontman)..

Ellie

FistFu68
01-02-07, 01:24 PM
:) YES INDEDDY,ALTHOUGH MY DAUGHTER'S;SAID SANTA DROPPED IT OFF AT THEIR HOUSE~FOR PAPA!(LOL) U.S. RIFLE, CAL. .30, M1~GARAND!!! FLAG'S OF OUR FATHER'S LIMITED EDITION, USMC;COMMERATIVE TO IWO JIMA~&~THE USMC!OH,YES IT'S THE REAL DEAL,AND FOR YOU YOUNG 'BUC'S;IT FIRE'S THE 30-06 RND! I'M A SIMPLE MAN,& I LIKE IT THAT WAY! IT'S THE FINEST GIFT,I'VE EVER RECEIVED!NEXT TOO THE BIRTH OF MY CHILDREN~AND EARNING THE TITLE OF A U.S.MARINE!!!:iwo: S/F:thumbup:

DWG
01-02-07, 01:30 PM
SWEEET! I got a couple of ex-kids I'd trade for a Garand! Santa (your kids) must love the old FF!;) :thumbup:

drumcorpssnare
01-02-07, 01:31 PM
FISTFU68- Don't get me wrong here. I REALLY like my 4 Marine snare drummer pictures. But....ya wanna trade? Huh? Do ya? Awww..come on...
just for a little while! I'll give it back...really!

WOW! You sir, hit the jackpot! Good for you! A wonderful rememberance to all the Leathernecks who were at Iwo Jima. SEMPER FI!

crate78
01-02-07, 02:40 PM
The wife of one of my best buddies (she's also a dear friend of mine) made me a Marine Corps blanket. It's red, white, and blue blanket material with Marine Corps emblems on it, also says "USMC", "Marines" etc. all over it. It has a red back with hand tied fringes around the edges. She must have spent hours making it.

Last year, she gave me a Marine Corps clock that plays the Marine's Hymn every hour on the hour. (It has a light sensor on it so it doesn't play when it's dark).

She's also given me other Marine memorabilia over the years, but that blanket kind of overwelmed me.

crate

drumcorpssnare
01-02-07, 02:52 PM
crate- I never look a gift-horse in the mouth, but I've always believed that a gift someone makes themselves, is a little more special than one that is store-bought. Sounds like you got a real nice gift from a good friend!:banana:

Osotogary
01-02-07, 03:36 PM
drumcorpssnare-
I was blessed with being associated with some of the finest individuals who I know but have never personally met...except for one, USMC-FO. Yes, I am talking about the folks at Leatherneck.com. I have shared imaginary brewskis and been a part of some interesting "sea story" or "landlubber tales" with all of you over the years and your courtesy, forthrightness, honesty and "cut to the chase" attitude has been quite refreshing and appreciated. I salute all of you and thank you for your gifts to me.
Oh, yes, I did get an eight pack of beer from around the world and a Filet Mignon, steak fries and chicken wings for my New Years Eve dinner.
Not bad for someone that just wanted everybody to have a good Christmas and New Years.
Adios from South Florida.
Gary

Marine84
01-02-07, 03:48 PM
I got a Marine Corps perpetual calendar and a Marine Corps Christmas tree ornament

crate78
01-02-07, 04:40 PM
drumcorpssnare,

Don't I know it! Next to my wife, that gal is a little special.

crate

capmarine
01-02-07, 07:15 PM
i got my M-1 a number of yrs ago,shooting in a CMP match-$165.00 at that time(in the 80's)now they are in the $400.00 range,or more.

FistFu68
01-02-07, 08:29 PM
:evilgrin:DRUM~MAN,THANK'S FOR THE OFFER,BUT ME & MY RIFLE;ARE GONNA BE HARVESTING~A BUNCH OF VENISON~THE ALMIGHTY WILLING? S/F 10/4~20/20 :iwo:

Sgt Leprechaun
01-03-07, 08:46 AM
Man, wish I could get me one of those M-1's. I was stupid back in the day when the carbine's first hit the market and they were like 150 bucks. Didn't get one.

Ah well. I'd still like to get one one day...not this year tho :)