PDA

View Full Version : Question for The Masses RE: USC Title 36 Chapter 10...

TeufelHunden
07-11-02, 09:49 AM
...AKA Patriotic Customs. Have perused the code pretty thoroughly & didn't see where one couldn't - If the U.S. Flag is in otherwise serviceable condition - Is it proper to launder it?

This came up at work today when they replaced all the flags and brought the old ones to me so I can take them to the VFW for destruction.

LadyLeatherneck
07-11-02, 10:58 AM
I've never read anything where it says you can't.
I don't know, it would seem to be okay to do to me,
but I have no idea. Anybody have the answer?? :confused:

USMC0311
07-11-02, 11:39 AM
http://www.usflag.org/flag.etiquette.html

Sparrowhawk
07-11-02, 12:02 PM
You change your skivvies don't you?

LOL

Sorry, bro had to do that... Laura made me do it.

I have laundered my flag, of course I've always felt guilty about it and looked around to make sure no one was looking, but then I heard it was alright to leave the flag out if it was raining and the flag was weatherproof.

So, since then I only buy all weather type of flags and when it rains and no ones looking I climb the pole and drop soap flakes on it.

TeufelHunden
07-11-02, 01:07 PM
...I'll hafta try that Sparrowhawk - climb the pole and drop soap flakes on it. ;)

From what I'm getting so far - There's nothing in the code that says you can't launder it - so it's alright?

USMC0311
07-11-02, 03:37 PM
just guessin..You didn't check the link I provided..
God Love the Grunts..and Pray 4 the rest!!!

TeufelHunden
07-11-02, 04:09 PM
...my Marine brother, I did, eventhough I'd previously read the USC elsewhere on the Web. Like I said bro, perused it pretty good before I posted question here - Didn't see where you couldn't - Never knew anyone who did & I've always taken mine to the VFW. It was a topic of discussion this a.m. & I thought my Marine brothers or sisters could shed some light on whether or not you could launder an otherwise serviceable National Ensign.

USMC0311
07-11-02, 04:15 PM
roger Devil Dog..