thedrifter
12-27-06, 08:54 AM
War Blog
By FrontPage Magazine
FrontPageMagazine.com | December 27, 2006

JOHN KERRY IS THE LONELIEST NUMBER

By Captain Ed

http://www.areavoices.com/hottalk/images/thumbnail/Kerry11.JPG

It seems that the troops who got "stuck in Iraq", according to John Kerry, have not accepted the explanation Kerry gave for his little joke before the midterm elections. Radio host Scott Hennen got an e-mail from a serviceman in Iraq that shows Kerry having a private lunch in a mess hall full of soldiers:
"This is a true story.....Check out this photo from our mess hall at the US Embassy yesterday morning. Sen. Kerry found himself all alone while he was over here. He cancelled his press conference because no one came, he worked out alone in the gym w/o any soldiers even going up to say hi or ask for an autograph (I was one of those who was in the gym at the same time), and he found himself eating breakfast with only a couple of folks who are obviously not troops. ..."

Check out Scott's page to see the photo. It's apparent that no one took much interest in the visiting Senator, who swears that he doesn't think our fighting men and women are uneducated and/or lazy. I don't think we'll be seeing a lot of photo ops from Kerry's visit. (via Power Line)
NSA WIRETAPS 17-1 IN COURT

By Captain Ed

The fight over the NSA warrantless surveillance program has continued quietly in federal courtrooms, and perhaps part of the reason for the quiet has been the results. The NSA has won seventeen challenges to the program thus far:
Defense lawyers who had hoped that the public disclosure a year ago of the National Security Agency's wiretapping program would yield information favorable to their clients are being rebuffed by the federal judiciary, which in a series of unusually consistent rulings has rejected efforts by terrorism suspects to access the records.

In at least 17 criminal cases, federal district judges nominated to the federal bench by presidents Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Clinton, and George W. Bush have ruled against requests to force the government to tell defendants, most accused of terrorism-related crimes, whether the NSA eavesdropped on them without a court warrant. ...

Still, even in cases in which the NSA program is believed to have played a role, it is not clear that judges would rule any differently. Officials in the Bush administration have credited the NSA program with helping uncover the terrorist plot of an Ohio truck driver, Iyman Faris, to topple the Brooklyn Bridge, according to a New York Times report. In October a federal judge in Alexandria, Va., Leonie Brinkema, declined Faris's request for government documents about the NSA program's role in the case. Last month, Judge Brinkema upheld Faris's guilty plea from 2003, ruling that Faris did not have standing to bring his challenge even if "electronic surveillance" had first led the government to him.

In only one case has a federal appeals court looked at the relationship of the NSA program to criminal prosecutions. The 4th Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Va., in April remanded a separate case to Judge Brinkema, questioning whether the government possessed "undisclosed intercepts" that should have been turned over. The case involved a Muslim cleric, Ali al-Timimi, who was found guilty last year of encouraging Muslims to join the Taliban's war efforts.

In only one case has the challenge been upheld. That was the ruling of Anna Diggs Taylor, whose August decision garnered plenty of criticism even from opponents of the NSA's program. Her decision awaits an appellate court decision, which appeared to favor a reversal given the tenor of the court's statement granting the appeal.

I find it fascinating that Taylor's decision drew so much attention, but that the 17 decisions that went the other way have barely cracked the national press. One might suppose that these cases are also under appeal, but we have heard nothing about their existence nor their progress.

Eventually, the Supreme Court will have to rule on this program and its use in prosecutions in order to settle the question. Even if Congress had passed the Arlen Specter compromise, it still would have been challenged through the federal courts. However, I wonder if the press will cover the results if the Supreme Court rules that the NSA's program did not violate the Constitution by tapping into international calls without a warrant. So far, it would seem that the answer will be ... silence. Tuesday, December 26, 2006

www.captainsquartersblog.com

Ellie

OLE SARG
12-27-06, 09:32 AM
He is just not an "interesting" TURD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad a SNIPER didn't get his traitor ass in his sights over there!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

crate78
12-27-06, 10:31 AM
I edited the photo to lighten it up for better visibility. There are four empty seats in the foreground, one man sitting across from Kerry, and Kerry appears to be speaking to someone on his left.

One can draw the conclusion that at a table for ten, only three seats are taken, including Kerry's, while most of the other tables are full. That is not exactly winning a popularity contest.

crate

drumcorpssnare
12-27-06, 11:08 AM
Okay...picture this. Sen. John Kerry covering a grenade with his body, in Iraq.
Of course it would be a U.S. grenade...and the four Americans holding Kerry down might be injured by the blast. So, no, I guess it wouldn't be worth it.:banana:
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

DWG
12-27-06, 11:15 AM
Okay...picture this. Sen. John Kerry covering a grenade with his body, in Iraq.
Of course it would be a U.S. grenade...and the four Americans holding Kerry down might be injured by the blast. So, no, I guess it wouldn't be worth it.:banana:
That was great-LMAO!

jinelson
12-27-06, 11:59 AM
Up yours Hanoi John! The troops are a lot smarter than you give them credit for.

Jim

DWG
12-27-06, 12:05 PM
Or at least are more particular about who they break bread with!

SuNmAN
12-27-06, 07:55 PM
I'm not a big fan of Senator Kerry myself honestly

but why in heaven's name would he make a joke implying that our troops are stupid when he served in the US military himself?

Please, it is obviously a botched joke not directed at our military and everyone needs to GET OVER IT.

President George W. Bush has had 100x more similarly laughable speaking blunders than Senator Kerry.

SuNmAN
12-27-06, 08:01 PM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/georgewbush/a/top10bushisms.htm

10) "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

9) "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000(Listen to audio clip)

8) "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Listen to audio clip)

7) "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

6) "You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005 (Listen to audio clip)

5) "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

4) "They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

3) "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

2) "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip) (ROFL)

1) "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

I don't support Senator Kerry, but what he said was obviously unintentional and a blunder. Everyone makes mistakes. Get over it.

DWG
12-27-06, 08:17 PM

Everyone makes mistakes. Get over it.
Why; you can't seem to?

jinelson
12-27-06, 08:19 PM
I don't support Senator Kerry, but what he said was obviously unintentional and a blunder. Everyone makes mistakes. Get over it.

Oh I understand just like what he testified to congress about us all being war criminals and baby killers including himself was all just a big mistake or was it a joke gone bad?. I got over it, he has all the medals for the atrocities I dont, oops forgot he threw them at the white house remember seeing the video on the news way back when. Viet Vets will NEVER forget so now you had better get over it!

Jim

DWG
12-27-06, 08:27 PM
Well said, jinelson!

greensideout
12-27-06, 09:00 PM
A :thumbup: 's up on that Jim.

semperfiman
12-27-06, 09:14 PM
i wont waste my time or vote on that peice of chit

SuNmAN
12-27-06, 09:59 PM
Why; you can't seem to?

I only posted that link to show that our beloved President has 10 speech blunders for everyone Senator Kerry has.

Democrats need to stop ridiculing George Bush about his verbal skills and Republicans alike need to stop villifying Kerry about that one botched joke.

Criticize them all you want about their policies or their leadership abilities. But to make fun of them about that is not fair.

You and I would not fare much better having to speak in public scrutiny so often.

greensideout
12-27-06, 10:12 PM
that is not fair.

You best get over that idea if you are going to lead Marines.

jinelson
12-27-06, 10:18 PM
SuNmAN you are missing the point again none of us are down on Hanoi Kerry because of one botched joke. I myself hate him because he is a traitor and did everything he could to defeat us during time of war, even while he was a so called officer in our Navy. He has aligned himself with Mecca Murtha during another time of war to see yet another enemy triumph over us. He is vilified for an entire lifetime of treachery to his country and those who serve it, by those who served it and will never forget because we were there.

Look at the photo, thats your generation with their backs toward him.

Jim

SuNmAN
12-28-06, 12:11 AM
You best get over that idea if you are going to lead Marines.

took my quote out of context there...?

besides what I stated before hand was a political opinion and has NOTHING to do with tactical leadership

Oh yeah...

Marine Corps Leadership Traits
The 14 leadership traits are qualities of thought and action which, if demonstrated in daily activities, help Marines earn the respect, confidence, and loyal cooperation of other Marines. It is extremely important that you understand the meaning of each leadership trait and how to develop it, so you know what goals to set as you work to become a good leader and a good follower.

JUSTICE
Definition: Justice is defined as the practice of being fair and consistent. A just person gives consideration to each side of a situation and bases rewards or punishments on merit.

I don't think I'll get over the idea of being fair if I want to lead Marines.

SuNmAN
12-28-06, 12:13 AM
SuNmAN you are missing the point again none of us are down on Hanoi Kerry because of one botched joke. I myself hate him because he is a traitor and did everything he could to defeat us during time of war, even while he was a so called officer in our Navy. He has aligned himself with Mecca Murtha during another time of war to see yet another enemy triumph over us. He is vilified for an entire lifetime of treachery to his country and those who serve it, by those who served it and will never forget because we were there.

Look at the photo, thats your generation with their backs toward him.

Jim

I don't like or support Senator Kerry myself, even though I would not go as far as using the word "hate" (like I "hate" Osama Bin Laden)

but I think that joke was an honest mistake, he would not make fun of troops for being idiots if he himself served in the military. thats all I was trying to say.

Hobson
12-28-06, 02:50 AM

10) "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

9) "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000(Listen to audio clip)

8) "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Listen to audio clip)

7) "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

6) "You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005 (Listen to audio clip)

5) "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

4) "They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

3) "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

2) "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip) (ROFL)

1) "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

Uh, too bad all your quotes fail because they're not insulting anyone. Please show me where a presidential wannabe, or president has openly called the troops uneducated and you have a case, until that point all you have is a bunch of slip ups that were not insults and did no harm.

Hobson
12-28-06, 02:51 AM
I don't like or support Senator Kerry myself, even though I would not go as far as using the word "hate" (like I "hate" Osama Bin Laden)

but I think that joke was an honest mistake, he would not make fun of troops for being idiots if he himself served in the military. thats all I was trying to say.

So you're saying no military man would ever criticize the military or it's members?

SuNmAN
12-28-06, 09:05 AM
Uh, too bad all your quotes fail because they're not insulting anyone. Please show me where a presidential wannabe, or president has openly called the troops uneducated and you have a case, until that point all you have is a bunch of slip ups that were not insults and did no harm.

Great point

but all I tried to do is illustrate that the blunder was unintentional

why would Kerry (as incompetent and foolish as I think he is) insult himself having been a former servicemember?

drumcorpssnare
12-28-06, 09:42 AM
Great point

but all I tried to do is illustrate that the blunder was unintentional

why would Kerry (as incompetent and foolish as I think he is) insult himself having been a former servicemember?

SuNmaN- Maybe because Kerry has 'fecal matter' for brains?:banana:

DWG
12-28-06, 09:52 AM
Ya reckon if he wore his "bunny suit" they might have paid him some attention?:p

OLE SARG
12-28-06, 10:24 AM
SuNmAN,
I can't think of a better thing to make fun of than ms jane fonda kerry. He is an *******, a traitor, and I can't understand ANYONE WITH ANY BRAIN AT ALL would defend this piece of ****. I was around when dirtbag kerry met with the North Vietnamese while still a member of our Armed Forces!!!!! I remember this piece of scum tarnishing the Iwo Jima Monument with his worthless friends. If I had met this turd in 'Nam I would have considered him the ENEMY and KILLED HIS ****ING ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bush may have made some speech blunders but he is not a ****ing TRAITOR LIKE MS KERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER ****ING FI,

DWG
12-28-06, 10:36 AM
Gee, Old Sarg, but how do you REALLY feel about ms. kerry? LOL. Wish you had met him in Nam-think of all the trouble you would have saved the rest of us?;)

OLE SARG
12-28-06, 10:39 AM
I tried to hold back some my Brother D W George!!!!!!! HE HE HE

I just get crazy even when I see this scum's name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

The1stSgt
12-28-06, 12:37 PM
I remember when Kerry came back from Viet Nam and took on the "traitor" roll. His "platform" was always at a college campus, or with a bunch of college students in front of the TV cameras.

Ten of my twenty years in the Corp was during Viet Nam war, and I remember a great dislike and disrespect for the American Armed Force that's epicenter was the college champus.

A common practice at the time for avoiding the military (Viet Nam war) was to get in a college or fleet to another country (i.e. Canada).

Some of those college students felt safe, like they'd "beat the system", and had some hard things to say about the government, the military and the war. It was on the news, every day.

It's no suprise that Kerry would make his anti-military comment while address college students (deja vu).

I believe Kerry's loyalty is to the liberal college (war protester) and not to the American fightman.

__________________________________________________ __________

Side bar:

I believe world governments should use every diplomatic means available to avoid armed combat. However, when diplomatic means fail, and governments resort to armed combat, the objective should be to win the contest using whatever military means are deemed necessary.

If armed combat, resulting in a military victory, can't provide the desired outcome, then armed force should not be deployed.

Anything else is "Bull Sh!t" for the warrior in my book.

hrscowboy
12-28-06, 04:40 PM
I never liked Kerry and dont like bush either, Buttom line gentlemen we need a president that was a 24-7 veteran.. No damn weekend warriors but a 24-7 veteran that understands the meaning of war and understands how to get the job done. If McCain runs hes got my vote and to hell with the rest of them, enuff said..

greensideout
12-28-06, 06:46 PM
took my quote out of context there...?

besides what I stated before hand was a political opinion and has NOTHING to do with tactical leadership

Oh yeah...

Marine Corps Leadership Traits
The 14 leadership traits are qualities of thought and action which, if demonstrated in daily activities, help Marines earn the respect, confidence, and loyal cooperation of other Marines. It is extremely important that you understand the meaning of each leadership trait and how to develop it, so you know what goals to set as you work to become a good leader and a good follower.

JUSTICE
Definition: Justice is defined as the practice of being fair and consistent. A just person gives consideration to each side of a situation and bases rewards or punishments on merit.

I don't think I'll get over the idea of being fair if I want to lead Marines.

You make a good point. Well, maybe---

Ever heard the expression that "Everything is fair in love and war"? Above all, you want to win.

How "Fair" is it to shoot an enemy with a .50 cal BMG before he is in the range of his own weapon? Sounds "Fair" to me. That was my point. Think about it. :marine:

FistFu68
12-28-06, 07:20 PM
:evilgrin: MAYBE THEY WILL HAVE A BIG SCRAP AT HOME;& MRS.HEINZ~KERRY,WILL CRACK HIS ****ING SKULL;WITH A FULL GLASS KETCHUP BOTTLE & TAKE HIS AZZ~OUT ??? :cry:

SuNmAN
12-28-06, 07:28 PM
I remember when Kerry came back from Viet Nam and took on the "traitor" roll. His "platform" was always at a college campus, or with a bunch of college students in front of the TV cameras.

Ten of my twenty years in the Corp was during Viet Nam war, and I remember a great dislike and disrespect for the American Armed Force that's epicenter was the college champus.

A common practice at the time for avoiding the military (Viet Nam war) was to get in a college or fleet to another country (i.e. Canada).

Some of those college students felt safe, like they'd "beat the system", and had some hard things to say about the government, the military and the war. It was on the news, every day.

It's no suprise that Kerry would make his anti-military comment while address college students (deja vu).

I believe Kerry's loyalty is to the liberal college (war protester) and not to the American fightman.

__________________________________________________ __________

Side bar:

I believe world governments should use every diplomatic means available to avoid armed combat. However, when diplomatic means fail, and governments resort to armed combat, the objective should be to win the contest using whatever military means are deemed necessary.

If armed combat, resulting in a military victory, can't provide the desired outcome, then armed force should not be deployed.

Anything else is "Bull Sh!t" for the warrior in my book.

First Sergeant

College lasts 4 years

Vietnam lasted twenty

unless you were bright enough to get into grad school for another few years and get a masters degree and PhD (which by that point you have no business walking point in Vietnam) I'm pretty sure college only delays the inevitable.

greensideout
12-28-06, 07:38 PM
First Sergeant

College lasts 4 years

Vietnam lasted twenty

unless you were bright enough to get into grad school for another few years and get a masters degree and PhD (which by that point you have no business walking point in Vietnam) I'm pretty sure college only delays the inevitable.

Pardon me for stepping in but, to sunman, I have known many with multi-degrees that went to college, grad school, law school and med school for no other purpose then to avoid the draft. They have done well but were of no help to thier fellow citizens and our country while we fought the war.

The1stSgt
12-28-06, 08:17 PM
Not everyone on campus was/is a "student" under instruction.

There were a lot of war protester on campus during the Viet Nam war. Many were students, but many were non-student anti-war activist.

__________________________________________________ ____

Moderator, please delete post #34 above.

Thanks

SuNmAN
12-28-06, 09:32 PM
Pardon me for stepping in but, to sunman, I have known many with multi-degrees that went to college, grad school, law school and med school for no other purpose then to avoid the draft. They have done well but were of no help to thier fellow citizens and our country while we fought the war.

I understand that

its their choice though

although its not an honorable thing to do, they did not break the law

I'm sorry but not everyone wants to go fight a war a bazillion miles away for a cause they don't believe in.

greensideout
12-28-06, 10:34 PM
I understand that

its their choice though

although its not an honorable thing to do, they did not break the law

I'm sorry but not everyone wants to go fight a war a bazillion miles away for a cause they don't believe in.

Quote: "It's their choice though".

Yes, I guess that a free ride is a choice. As you said, "not an honorable thing to do".

A few protect so many and the many don't really give a damn! Sad!

jinelson
12-28-06, 11:08 PM
SuNmAN hey bro whats your unit SgtMajors name and telephone number I would sure like to have a Marine heart to heart chat with him or her!

Jim

drumcorpssnare
12-29-06, 06:46 AM
SuNmaN- Remember when you were a kid, and had chores to do around the house? And sometimes you would try to avoid them, right? But, they were your responsibility...
Well, when a nation is at war, wherever that may be...it is the responsibility of it's citizens to prosecute that war. Everything from 'walking point' to the supply clerk, or the recruiter in your hometown. Anyone not willing to be responsible enough to defend our freedoms, should not have the right to enjoy them.
All too often, people denounce a war as 'unjust, or immoral', when in reality those vocalizations are just a cover for the yellow stripe down their back.
Of the many millions of Americans who have fought to defend our liberties throughout the last 230 yrs., none relished the thought of dying. But those who were in harm's way, and were wounded or killed, understood the responsibility entrusted in them by our nation.
So, in my view, it has nothing to do with education, social status, money, or even politics, really. In truth, it's about loving your country and fellow countrymen enough to be willing to put your life on the line...for their sake.
It's about being responsible.

FistFu68
12-29-06, 06:53 AM
:usmc: WHEN THE CHIT HIT'S THE FAN,THERE ARE ONLY;TWO KIND'S OF PEOPLE! THOSE WHO RUN, AND THOSE WHO STAND AND FIGHT!:usmc:

OLE SARG
12-29-06, 08:07 AM
No matter how you put it, kerry is a piece of **** traitor. He used the Vietnam war as a platform to begin a political career that is laughable!!! He and swimmer kennedy need to retire together and play stick the broom up your arse game. Two pieces of dog****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

SuNmAN
12-29-06, 09:31 AM
SuNmAN hey bro whats your unit SgtMajors name and telephone number I would sure like to have a Marine heart to heart chat with him or her!

Jim

Sergeant Major Carter

2nd Battalion 24th Marines

3034 W. Foster Avenue, Chicago IL

1-773-539-6464

SuNmAN
12-29-06, 09:33 AM
SuNmaN- Remember when you were a kid, and had chores to do around the house? And sometimes you would try to avoid them, right? But, they were your responsibility...
Well, when a nation is at war, wherever that may be...it is the responsibility of it's citizens to prosecute that war. Everything from 'walking point' to the supply clerk, or the recruiter in your hometown. Anyone not willing to be responsible enough to defend our freedoms, should not have the right to enjoy them.
All too often, people denounce a war as 'unjust, or immoral', when in reality those vocalizations are just a cover for the yellow stripe down their back.
Of the many millions of Americans who have fought to defend our liberties throughout the last 230 yrs., none relished the thought of dying. But those who were in harm's way, and were wounded or killed, understood the responsibility entrusted in them by our nation.
So, in my view, it has nothing to do with education, social status, money, or even politics, really. In truth, it's about loving your country and fellow countrymen enough to be willing to put your life on the line...for their sake.
It's about being responsible.

Here's what I know:

If I was born in the Vietnam era and I was drafted to fight

I would've went.

I would never suffer the disgrace of dodging the draft.

But it surely would be a war I did not believe in (well at least in hindsight)

SuNmAN
12-29-06, 09:34 AM
No matter how you put it, kerry is a piece of **** traitor. He used the Vietnam war as a platform to begin a political career that is laughable!!! He and swimmer kennedy need to retire together and play stick the broom up your arse game. Two pieces of dog****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

pretty sure John Kerry won't be re-elected lol

DWG
12-29-06, 09:50 AM

He's from Mass. Have you seen the OTHER senator, not to mention, Barney Frank? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE! :scared:

bigdog43701
12-29-06, 10:04 AM
sunman,

you appear to be the only one who likes Kerry. read the aar about his silver star (he shot a kid who had been wounded and was LIMPING away). get a copy of his book with the original dust jacket on it and look at the photo of he and his friends doing a parady of the flag raising on iwo with the american flag upside down. i am one who PROUDLY served in nam and i can say i did NOT commit any war crimes or see anyone else do it.

John Kerry needs to donate his body to a burn ward as he is a total waste of human flesh.

just my feelings on the (you fill it in).

SuNmAN
12-29-06, 10:20 AM
sunman,

you appear to be the only one who likes Kerry. read the aar about his silver star (he shot a kid who had been wounded and was LIMPING away). get a copy of his book with the original dust jacket on it and look at the photo of he and his friends doing a parady of the flag raising on iwo with the american flag upside down. i am one who PROUDLY served in nam and i can say i did NOT commit any war crimes or see anyone else do it.

John Kerry needs to donate his body to a burn ward as he is a total waste of human flesh.

just my feelings on the (you fill it in).

since when did I like Kerry? Please inform me.

FistFu68
12-29-06, 11:06 AM
:evilgrin: HEY MY BROTHER~D.W~YOU DRINK THAT SAM ADAM'S CHIT,THEY CALL BEER;THEN YOU'LL KNOW WHY MOST OF 'EM ARE ****ED UP!(LOL) S/F:sick:

DWG
12-29-06, 11:11 AM
10/4 On that FF! I just never understood why so many conservative Irish Catholics could send that crew to DC; unless they just don't want them in their own neighborhood.LOL And they keep sending them over and over!

yellowwing
12-29-06, 11:29 AM
10/4 On that FF! I just never understood why so many conservative Irish Catholics could send that crew to DC; unless they just don't want them in their own neighborhood.LOL And they keep sending them over and over!
That has a lot more weight than you think! I got a buddy from Old Money up in New England. He reports that the Blue Bloods laugh like hell and are glad that Teddy Boy is in DC and not in their back yard. No chit!

DWG
12-29-06, 11:57 AM
No ones' daughter or liquor cabinet is safe when teddy's around, is that the thinking?;) And we don't even want to think of what barney may be up to!

ErikHeiker
12-29-06, 12:39 PM

Never underestimate the stupidity of the typical Massachusetts voter. Hanoi John F'n Kerry and his equally worthless fellow senator, Swimmer Ted Kennedy, will win reelection.

DWG
12-29-06, 12:41 PM
Well, what do you expect? They aren't equipped to do anything productive; like real work!

ErikHeiker
12-29-06, 01:08 PM
I never liked Kerry and dont like bush either, Buttom line gentlemen we need a president that was a 24-7 veteran.. No damn weekend warriors but a 24-7 veteran that understands the meaning of war and understands how to get the job done. If McCain runs hes got my vote and to hell with the rest of them, enuff said..

I guess I'm one of those damn weekend warriors. But for a weekend warrior, I've sure spent a lot of time in Afghanistan this year. And so have many of my fellow weekend warriors. We're over in Iraq too. And everywhere else in the world. Fact of the matter is, were it not for the weekend warriors, the active duty forces could never have handled the two threaters with any effectiveness.

FistFu68
12-29-06, 03:40 PM
:evilgrin: HEY D~W~I'M IRISH FROM THE WAIST DOWN,MY BETTER HALF(LMAO);BUT WHEN I WAS IN THE UNION!THE COMPANY BOY'S AS I REFER TOO THE KNUCKLE HEAD'S~HAD THE GONAD'S TO GO AROUND (TELLING) MEN;WHO TO VOTE FOR!!!(INTIMIDATION)!!! I STARTED CARRING MY COLT DIAMOND BAC~IN MY LUNCH BOX!!!THERE AIN'T NO MUTHA ****ER GONNA TELL ME WHO TOO VOTE FOR,'CEPT MY MAMA & PAPA!!!:beer: :iwo:

SuNmAN
12-29-06, 07:49 PM
Well, what do you expect? They aren't equipped to do anything productive; like real work!

I assume you're referring to manual labor.

I'm sorry but if I have the education and luck to sit in an office and get paid a lot, I'd much rather do that than "real work"

I can hone my muscles in a gym.

iamcloudlander
12-29-06, 08:24 PM
Am I wrong in thinking that we have had two presidents back to back that did not feel it necessary to go to VietNam
I am thinking of Slick Willie Clinton (D) and GWB (R).
I must assume that party affiliations don't matter when one does not want to have to fight for the liberties others sometimes give their all for.
You would think that a man with a super sized head would have a lot of intelligence and a smattering of common sense but as in the case of the other little head it must be the motion of the ocean not size in Ms Kerry's case.
Next time wineo Kennedy is on tv check out his obesety
and you will know he hasn't visited the gym lately or ever.,
his only exercise is his elbow at a local bar.

iamcloudlander
12-29-06, 08:30 PM
Oh yes the reservists are no longer called Weekend Warriors as was posted on here (can't recall new name) but it was a more accurate protrayal of our fine reservists.
Reservists in my town all have spent one or more tours in
combat plus doing tours guarding airports around the country. They may soon be walking guard duty at the
Calif-Mexico border. So I know for a fact that Calif reservists have had a full plate for quite a few years and probably for years longer.

DWG
12-30-06, 05:45 AM

I'm sorry but if I have the education and luck to sit in an office and get paid a lot, I'd much rather do that than "real work"

Ah; the elitist appears! Why would you assume that only physical labor is work? People can be productive using their minds, I just feel politicians aren't some of those people. Their imagination only extends to thinking up ways to separate citizens from their money. And before you start looking down your nose at the guys who have to do manual labor for a living let me suggest you go try it for a while-not just for fun but because you have to to live; maybe you would have a little more respect for the guy and girls who make it possible for you to get your educated butt to your office over roads, bridges and through buildings they provided with their sweat.

SuNmAN
12-30-06, 10:11 AM
Ah; the elitist appears! Why would you assume that only physical labor is work? People can be productive using their minds, I just feel politicians aren't some of those people. Their imagination only extends to thinking up ways to separate citizens from their money. And before you start looking down your nose at the guys who have to do manual labor for a living let me suggest you go try it for a while-not just for fun but because you have to to live; maybe you would have a little more respect for the guy and girls who make it possible for you to get your educated butt to your office over roads, bridges and through buildings they provided with their sweat.

lol noo noo noo

this one line from "GI Jane" came to mind when I said that -"Don't call me sir, I work for a living !!"

I definitely do NOT look down upon people who have to do manual labor to earn a living !!!!

I just mean that if I (and THEY) were able to sit in an office and make the same or better money, they'd take it anyday !!!

c'mon now you're taking me out of context here !

DWG
12-30-06, 10:27 AM
Too true! I've done both and I prefer the lab to the mines. I just get "tetchy" when it seems people are sneering at folks that have to do work with their hands. Do not equate education to intelligence. I know a lot of people that have never been to college that could buy and sell, many times over , you or I. Liberals are very good at "feeling" for the poor in general while detesting them in particular!

SuNmAN
12-30-06, 11:15 AM
Too true! I've done both and I prefer the lab to the mines. I just get "tetchy" when it seems people are sneering at folks that have to do work with their hands. Do not equate education to intelligence. I know a lot of people that have never been to college that could buy and sell, many times over , you or I. Liberals are very good at "feeling" for the poor in general while detesting them in particular!

lol yeah glad we got that cleared up

I really don't consider myself a liberal at all

more liberal than you yes...but also much more conservative than most liberals.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-31-06, 07:14 AM
I'm not a big fan of Senator Kerry myself honestly

but why in heaven's name would he make a joke implying that our troops are stupid when he served in the US military himself?

Please, it is obviously a botched joke not directed at our military and everyone needs to GET OVER IT.

President George W. Bush has had 100x more similarly laughable speaking blunders than Senator Kerry.

SuN, you are one of the very few actual military members who believe that kry/carey wasn't serious.

It's not a 'botched joke'. If Bush would have made the same reference, the left would be all over it, day in and day out.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-31-06, 07:17 AM
Sergeant Major Carter

2nd Battalion 24th Marines

3034 W. Foster Avenue, Chicago IL

1-773-539-6464

I'll give you credit for balls, lad.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-31-06, 07:18 AM
Here's what I know:

If I was born in the Vietnam era and I was drafted to fight

I would've went.

I would never suffer the disgrace of dodging the draft.

But it surely would be a war I did not believe in (well at least in hindsight)

Sooooo.....you voluntarily enlisted during this go-round...was it before or after Mar 2003? Does that mean you support the OIF? And, if not, if activated, are you going to go?

Sgt Leprechaun
12-31-06, 07:26 AM

So, your greatest hope is to become someone in a cube farm?

Wow. There's more to life than lots o money, lad. I know plenty of folk who have that purty little college ed-u-ba-cation who can't pour *iss out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel. What are you gonna do with all those nice little gym muscles when it comes time to deploy?

Do you think for one minute that "Ole Fred" over in the next cube is going to hold your position for you when you deploy?

This discussion brings to mind this great bit from Fred Reed:

"A friend swears the public likes this terror stuff because it gives the appearance of meaning to lives that don’t have any. It makes a kind of sense. Getting searched every ten minutes means that you might be dangerous, a satisfying thought to people who have never been dangerous. Terror is fun, when there isn’t any. Militarized robocops ninjaed-out in swat trinkets give a brief zest to a boring thirty years in the cubicle before a discreet burial." (Fred Reed)

A cube farmer living in a McMansion in a 'planned' community, commuting an hour each day each way to work. My own personal version of hell on earth.

SuNmAN
12-31-06, 08:50 AM
Sooooo.....you voluntarily enlisted during this go-round...was it before or after Mar 2003? Does that mean you support the OIF? And, if not, if activated, are you going to go?

July 2004

OF COURSE I'm going to go if I'm activated, don't be ridiculous

I don't want to go to Iraq, but I WILL answer my call of duty.

When my number is called, I'm going to step up and make a play. Thats all there is to it.

SuNmAN
12-31-06, 08:52 AM
So, your greatest hope is to become someone in a cube farm?

Wow. There's more to life than lots o money, lad. I know plenty of folk who have that purty little college ed-u-ba-cation who can't pour *iss out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel. What are you gonna do with all those nice little gym muscles when it comes time to deploy?

Do you think for one minute that "Ole Fred" over in the next cube is going to hold your position for you when you deploy?

This discussion brings to mind this great bit from Fred Reed:

"A friend swears the public likes this terror stuff because it gives the appearance of meaning to lives that don’t have any. It makes a kind of sense. Getting searched every ten minutes means that you might be dangerous, a satisfying thought to people who have never been dangerous. Terror is fun, when there isn’t any. Militarized robocops ninjaed-out in swat trinkets give a brief zest to a boring thirty years in the cubicle before a discreet burial." (Fred Reed)

A cube farmer living in a McMansion in a 'planned' community, commuting an hour each day each way to work. My own personal version of hell on earth.

Thats not what I'm saying

all I am saying is that given the choice between sitting in an officer and doing manual labor - considering constant pay

almost everyone would choose to sit in an office.

SuNmAN
12-31-06, 08:53 AM
You know why I believe he wasn't serious? <br />
<br />
Because he served in the US Navy. Why would he be ripping on himself?? I don't care that some people question his service. The fact is that he served and...

Sgt Leprechaun
12-31-06, 09:12 AM
Line by line:;) <br />
<br />
<br />
July 2004 <br />
OF COURSE I'm going to go if I'm activated, don't be ridiculous <br />
<br />
***** <br />
Based on the way you phrased what you were saying, I think the question was legitimate. ...

jinelson
12-31-06, 09:14 AM
Wow how do you know that? Because he says he was discharged honorably with all his self awarded medals? The rest of us have been waiting for him to sign his SF-180 and make his official service...

Sgt Leprechaun
12-31-06, 09:30 AM
Bingo, SSgt.

Good ole 'medals' Cariey. Must be nice to be deployed for 4 months and get the Silver, Bronze stars, NavComm w/V, 3 PH's...

Of course, it helps when you write yourself up for em.

Wait, didn't he throw them over the White House fence? Oh, never mind. They were just the ribbons, not the medals.

And they weren't his. They were someone elses. So it really didn't count.

Riiiiight. Righto!

Would you buy a used car from this man?

thedrifter
12-31-06, 10:18 AM
If you want a good laugh today, Chris Muir does it again with this revealing look at our uneducated and mistaken troops...

www.daybydaycartoon.com/2006/12/31/#a003949

Ellie

:banana:

SuNmAN
12-31-06, 02:40 PM
please tell me how do you award yourself a Silver Star?

Sgt Leprechaun
12-31-06, 03:51 PM
Simple. You do the entire write up (remember, he's an officer, not an enlisted guy, so it's allowed), then submit yourself for the award.

Presto chango, you've got a Silver Star!

FistFu68
12-31-06, 04:07 PM
:evilgrin: RIGHT ON SGT.L~I RAN INTO A FORMER MEMBER,OF MY UNIT IN THE 'NAM!A 1ST.LT. THEN, NOW A AZZ HOLE! HE WAS WEARING ALL HIS CHIT,DECORATED LIKE AN EASTER EGG!(LOL)SILVER~STAR FOR OPERATION MEADE RIVER!THE MAN WAS SHOCKED TO SEE, ME ;AFTER ALL THESE YEAR'S!LOL~ALL I CAN SAY IS~WHEN THE CHIT REALLY HIT THE FAN,THAT DAY; HE WAS NOWHERE TOO BE FOUND??? S/F:iwo: SAD-BUT-TRUE!!!

OLE SARG
12-31-06, 09:58 PM
We know for a ****ing fact ms kerry did not serve honorably!!!!!!!!!!! He will not disclose his military records - sounds an alarm right there. He is scum, will always be scum, and will go to hell SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE who would defend this piece of **** has mental problems!!!!!!!!!!! If his ****ing mouth is moving he is flip-flopping on something, his hate for the military, his hate for his parents, etc.

SEMPER FI,

jinelson
12-31-06, 10:15 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/Kerryaswoman.jpg

Ms Kerry says OLE SARG how do ya really feel about me?

jinelson
01-01-07, 12:09 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/24126-Good-enough-for-Kerry_w.jpg

You too can document time, a week or whatever you feel like spending serving in a combat zone, award yourself many medals of valor and heroics, and make dumb$hits vote for you at the cost of the uneducated and common folk who serve with honor. Follow my lead and make me your Commander in Chief in 2008.

DWG
01-01-07, 12:12 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/Kerryaswoman.jpg

Ms Kerry says OLE SARG how do ya really feel about me?

GAWD!!! This is just so horrid in so many ways; I may not sleep for weeks!

ErikHeiker
01-01-07, 06:01 AM
Thats not what I'm saying
all I am saying is that given the choice between sitting in an officer and doing manual labor - considering constant pay
almost everyone would choose to sit in an office.

Really? I don't think the 'almost everyone' quote is accurate. Lots of people do not have that desire; many of them on this site....check out all the poolies who don't want to be stuck in office jobs. All the folks who are in the construction trades, farmers, telephone linemen, cops, firefighters, EMTS.....

The list is longer than you think.

I thought I wanted to sit in an office and have a good income. I used my GI Bill and got my degree in accounting. Once I was ensconced in my cubicle I was the most miserable person you can imagine. I utterly loathed and detested every minute I spent in there. You always have a caseload that always gets bigger and that you think about it 24/7. The worst times were right after a TDY in the Guard. As a C-130 loadmaster I got to travel all over the world and had a great time. And then I went back to my cubicle, just to be miserable again. Now I work for the Dept of Corrections. Instead of crunching numbers I'm cracking heads. I work a week on/week off schedule and once the shift ends I don't even think about the place. I get to move around all day long and I work with people who are mostly conservative and we all love guns. The only wacko liberal we have is our nurse and she should be gone by the time I demobilize in Feb. Sunman, I'm here to tell you, cubicle life ain't all that it's cracked to be. I found that out the hard way.<O:p

FistFu68
01-01-07, 06:23 AM
:evilgrin: (LMAO)~D.W,OH AND THE ANSWER IS HELL NO! I WOULDN'T DO HER,SCARY KERRY THAT IS!NOT EVEN WITH YOU'R GUNNNNN!!!OR A TEN FT. POLE!!!:sick: :no:

SuNmAN
01-01-07, 01:11 PM
We know for a ****ing fact ms kerry did not serve honorably!!!!!!!!!!! He will not disclose his military records - sounds an alarm right there. He is scum, will always be scum, and will go to hell SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE who would defend this piece of **** has mental problems!!!!!!!!!!! If his ****ing mouth is moving he is flip-flopping on something, his hate for the military, his hate for his parents, etc.

SEMPER FI,

can't we request his military service records under the Freedom of Information Act? (maybe I'm wrong)

I'm pretty sure he served honorably (at least officially) or else he would never make it as a Senator.

SuNmAN
01-01-07, 01:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/24126-Good-enough-for-Kerry_w.jpg

You too can document time, a week or whatever you feel like spending serving in a combat zone, award yourself many medals of valor and heroics, and make dumb$hits vote for you at the cost of the uneducated and common folk who serve with honor. Follow my lead and make me your Commander in Chief in 2008.

OMG...I would never vote for Kerry I don't support him, but its time that these falsified claims END !!

How can you possibly award yourself the Silver Star !!!???

Please give evidence of how that may work, or else the these baseless accusations should stop !

jinelson
01-01-07, 01:50 PM
Baseless Accusations

Unless Hanoi Kerry signs his SF-180 and then makes his official record public we will never know for sure. The fact that he refuses to do that smacks of something aint right here. Perhaps this will be all answered later this year during the trail suit brought against him by the POW Association perhaps he will even have to pay for the war crimes that he testified to congress that he and all the rest of us committed. Check out this site for more info http://www.americans-working-together.com/id104.html

Jim

This was written by a retired admiral and Annapolis graduate. The item offers no direct testimony about Kerry, but it does provide informed background useful in assessing what Kerry seems to have claimed for himself. It confirms information I have received from other sources.

Our media should be demanding that Senator Kerry open his service records in the same way they demanded that of President Bush regarding his NG service.

I was in the Delta shortly after he [Kerry] left. I know that area well. I know the operations he was involved in well. I know the tactics and the doctrine used. I know the equipment. Although I was attached to CTF-116 (PBRs) I spent a fair amount of time with CTF-115 (swift boats), Kerry's command.

Here are my problems and suspicions:

(1) Kerry was in-country less than four months and collected, a Bronze Star, a Silver Star and three purple hearts. I never heard of anybody with any outfit I worked with (including SEAL One, the Sea Wolves, Riverines and the River Patrol Force) collecting that much hardware so fast, and for such pedestrian actions. The Swifts did a commendable job. But that duty wasn't the worst you could draw. They operated only along the coast and in the major rivers (Bassac and Mekong). The rough stuff in the hot areas was mainly handled by the smaller, faster PBRs.

(2) Three Purple Hearts, but no limp. All injuries so minor that no time lost from duty. Amazing luck. Or he was putting himself in for medals every time he bumped his head on the wheel house hatch? Combat on the boats was almost always at close range. You didn't have minor wounds. At least not often. Not three times in a row. Then he used the three purple hearts to request a trip home eight months before the end of his tour. Fishy.

(3) The details of the event for which he was given the Silver Star make no sense at all. Supposedly, a B-40 was fired at the boat and missed. Charlie jumps up with the launcher in his hand, the bow gunner knocks him down with the twin .50, Kerry beaches the boat, jumps off, shoots Charlie, and retreives the launcher. If true, he did everything wrong.

(a) Standard procedure when you took rocket fire was to put your stern to the action and go balls to the wall. A B-40 has the ballistic integrity of a frisbie after about 25 yards, so you put 50 yards or so between you and the beach and begin raking it with your .50's.

(b) Did you ever see anybody get knocked down with a .50 caliber round and get up? The guy was dead or dying. The rocket launcher was empty. There was no reason to go after him (except if you knew he was no danger to you just flopping around in the dust during his last few seconds on earth, and you wanted some derring do in your after-action report). And we didn't shoot wounded people. We had rules against that, too.

(c) Kerry got off the boat. This was a major breach of standing procedures. Nobody on a boat crew ever got off a boat in a hot area. EVER! The reason was simple. If you had somebody on the beach your boat was defenseless. It coudn't run and it couldn't return fire. It was stupid and it put his crew in danger. He should have been relieved and reprimanded. I never heard of any boat crewman ever leaving a boat during or after a firefight.

Something is fishy.

Here we have a JFK wannabe (the guy Halsey wanted to court martial for carelessly losing his boat and getting a couple people killed by running across the bow of a Jap destroyer) who is hardly in Vietnam long enough to get good tan, collects medals faster than Audie Murphy in a job where lots of medals weren't common, gets sent home eight months early, requests separation from active duty a few months after that so he can run for Congress, finds out war heros don't sell well in Massachusetts in 1970 so reinvents himself as Jane Fonda, throws his ribbons in the dirt with the cameras running to jump start his political career, gets Stillborn Pell to invite him to address Congress and Bobby Kennedy's speechwriter to do the heavy lifting, winds up in the Senate himself a few years later, votes against every major defense bill, says the CIA is irrelevant after the Wall came down, votes against the Gulf War, a big mistake since that turned out well, decides not to make the same mistake twice so votes for invading Iraq, but oops, that didn't turn out so well so he now says he really didn't mean for Bush to go to war when he voted to allow him to go to war.

I'm real glad you or I never had this guy covering our flanks in Vietnam. I sure don't want him as Commander in Chief. I hope that somebody from CTF-115 shows up with some facts challenging Kerry's Vietnam record. I know in my gut it's wildy inflated. And fishy.

Zulu 36
01-01-07, 02:26 PM
Sunman, I'm here to tell you, cubicle life ain't all that it's cracked to be. I found that out the hard way.<o>:p</o>

Amen brother. The most miserable time I ever spent as a police officer was after I made deputy chief. If I had to do it all again, I'd never test for promotion higher than sergeant. Too much office time and BS admin once you make lieutenant, and even in SWAT you can't crash doors anymore except in emergencies when the whole team hasn't made the scene yet. Rare.

I was too much of a street cop to be happy in an office full time and I wasn't happy at all.

In my department sergeant was the best rank. If things went wrong a sergeant could blame the corporal or the lieutenant. :D

SuNmAN
01-01-07, 04:50 PM
I don't want him as President either. But I want to know the truth. How do you put yourself up for a medal?? Doesn't a superior officer have to put you up for an award?? <br />

DWG
01-01-07, 05:58 PM
Vote for the traitor in the next election then. His record has enough questions attached to raise red flags of his contemporaries; unless all the swifties are liars, or worse. His boatmates would have enough reason to back him up; if he's lying, so are they.

SuNmAN
01-01-07, 06:04 PM
Vote for the traitor in the next election then. His record has enough questions attached to raise red flags of his contemporaries; unless all the swifties are liars, or worse. His boatmates would have enough reason to back him up; if he's lying, so are they.

already said I don't support him. I just don't find sufficient reason to question his military credentials at this point.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-01-07, 08:37 PM
SuN, buy and read, or check out from the library, a copy of "Stolen Valor" by BG Burkett. It was written long before this current controversy began, and while it doesn't talk about cariey directly, it will make you re-asses various things you've written about.

Without a direct knowledge of how the military awards system works, it's difficult to understand how he could do the things he's done. It is possible, and likely, he put himself in for the Silver Star. I've seen peacetime officers scratch each others backs the same way, and for lots of less political reasons.

BTW, there is absolutely NO record that "Yale classmate" Richard Pershing knew, lived with, or associated with, John Kerry while there.

Wikipedia is not an unbiased source. Never assume. I'd personally trust the Admiral before I'd go there. BTW, check for yourself, his records are available on several websites, including the infamous part on his DD214 where it says "Silver Star w/V". (I paraphrased that because I can't recall the exact wording, it may read SS w/v).

Tell me what's wrong with that picture....

OLE SARG
01-02-07, 08:37 AM
can't we request his military service records under the Freedom of Information Act? (maybe I'm wrong)

I'm pretty sure he served honorably (at least officially) or else he would never make it as a Senator.

With all the crap on the freedom of information act, you have to sign, or give consent, to release your military records.

BS, we have crooks and thieves elected EVERY ****ING YEAR and sent to that great den in D.C. - the people of Mass are either idiots or don't give a **** who they send to D.C just like the people of La with the jefferson turd.

SEMPER FI,

SuNmAN
01-02-07, 10:18 AM
SuN, buy and read, or check out from the library, a copy of "Stolen Valor" by BG Burkett. It was written long before this current controversy began, and while it doesn't talk about cariey directly, it will make you re-asses various things you've written about.

Without a direct knowledge of how the military awards system works, it's difficult to understand how he could do the things he's done. It is possible, and likely, he put himself in for the Silver Star. I've seen peacetime officers scratch each others backs the same way, and for lots of less political reasons.

BTW, there is absolutely NO record that "Yale classmate" Richard Pershing knew, lived with, or associated with, John Kerry while there.

Wikipedia is not an unbiased source. Never assume. I'd personally trust the Admiral before I'd go there. BTW, check for yourself, his records are available on several websites, including the infamous part on his DD214 where it says "Silver Star w/V". (I paraphrased that because I can't recall the exact wording, it may read SS w/v).

Tell me what's wrong with that picture....

I saw the DD-214 about the Silver Star with combat V

I know its redundant..it'd be like giving out a Navy Cross with a Combat V...

but I've yet to figure out why his records say that. John Kerry can't possibly be THAT stupid to edit the record and release it like that

there is a lot of confusion and I'd like to know the unbiased truth someday. Not some heavily biased version from Pro-Bush supporters or Pro-Kerry supporters.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-03-07, 08:17 AM
As you 'might' have figured out, putting the "V" on that SS on the citation indicates someone who has no clue; Navy S-1 clerks are just like USMC admin types...they know what, and how, to fill out those forms. Even if the Admin guy screwed up somehow, his SNCO would have caught, and fixed it. If the SNCO missed it, the signing officer would have found it.

In other words, there is no way this should have slipped through the cracks...but 'somehow' it did. Now, why do you suppose that would be? Or is it something that was 'added' at a later time? Thus, lending credence to the 'Stolen Valor' theory. At least, in my mind it does.

It's as simple as that.

drumcorpssnare
01-03-07, 08:33 AM
Miss Kerry probably thinks she rates a medal if she can wipe her butt without gettin' any crap on her fingers!:evilgrin:

Sgt Leprechaun
01-03-07, 08:40 AM
I bet she's got one or two already for just that!

With "Dingleberry" cluster no less.

Oh, wait, she lives with Dingleberry. Disregard.

drumcorpssnare
01-03-07, 08:58 AM
By "Miss Kerry" I was referring to our illustrious Sen. from Mass. And BTW, he can't even FIND his butt without a map & compass! And he has 'double-duty' when it comes to "wiping." Every time he opens his big mouth, he has an oral bowel movement!:banana:

Sgt Leprechaun
01-03-07, 09:08 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ain't it the truth!