PDA

View Full Version : Man who faked receiving Medal of Honor sentenced

thedrifter
01-31-03, 06:47 AM
By MARK MORRIS <br />
&gt; The Kansas City Star <br />
&gt; <br />
&gt; An Independence man who masqueraded as a Medal of Honor recipient, a Navy <br />
&gt; admiral and a National Security Agency official was sentenced Tuesday to <br />
&gt;...

lurchenstein
02-02-03, 12:32 AM
It disturbs me that a Medal of Honor would be for sale. Was it an imitation or the real thing? In any case, I'm happy when the bigtime bullsh*tters get flushed out.

Barndog
02-02-03, 05:46 AM
Apparently if he was charged and convicted, I'd suffice it to say it was the real deal. <br />
<br />
Glad he paid, and - I hope they publish a-holes picture somewhere so it ends up on this website - for us to...

JRtheSTAR
02-02-03, 12:57 PM
I'm sure I've seen his picture on one of the wannabe's sites but don't remember which one. I've been gone all weekend but when I get unpacked and my act together, I'll try to find it for ya.

JRtheSTAR
02-02-03, 01:05 PM
About 5 or 6 years ago the company that makes the Medal of Honor sold a bunch of them. They were caught and brought to trial. I had heard through the grapevine that a person could buy one from $300.00 - 500.00. If I remember right, I think that company sold a bunch of them for around a $100.00 a piece.

lurchenstein
02-02-03, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the info. I looked for more info on Crowder and found his name on several websites (news links and sites devoted to exposing imposters). Also found a few sites with listings and citations for the real recipients. Semper Fi to you!

Marine-of-1861
02-02-03, 11:53 PM
THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY !:devious:

Barndog
02-03-03, 03:47 AM
I gots the rope and a few ladders. Heck, I even got the poles and shovels, cement and mixer too...........

All we needs is a workin' party?

Volunteers.........????????

MillRatUSMC
02-03-03, 06:33 AM
If a few of these scum bags were given the penalty required by law, a $100,000 fine plus prison time in excess of one year.
That would deter many more butt holes from acting in a similar manner.
Till that occurs, we will see many more stealing the valor of men that were recipents of that medal.
Many became recipents at the cost of their lifes.
Mad as hades out here in Northwest Indiana.
Close to Lake Michigan and the city of Calumet City, IL.
Thirty some odd miles from Chicago, IL

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

Norton1
02-03-03, 03:20 PM
How about they just let the Medal of Honor Society slap him around a bit. Some of those old boys could certainly do the job -

Sgt Sostand
02-04-03, 02:30 PM
He Should be Shot.

Semper Fi,

Super Dave
02-04-03, 04:44 PM
Needs to have his pecker nailed to a log..the log set on fire..and given a rusty old knife...If he cuts it off..then he can be shot.

Motor-T
02-07-03, 04:32 AM
8 friggen months is all this puke got. Not enough time in my book.
The men who were awarded the CMH will always say they just are the holder of it. This puke makes himself out to be a war hero,while real hero's never talk or brag about it.
I say just light his whole body on fire and walk away. No that would be to mild for him. I know they can put him in the same cell with Bubba or better yet, Toss the Salad man.