PDA

View Full Version : Is 2nd RTBN bigger than the others?

Achped
12-23-06, 10:02 AM
The reason I'm asking is because I've seen sooooo many people graduate 2nd Battalion...like, almost every Marine I've ever met. In fact, I've only known two (one 1st and one 3rd) who didn't go to 2nd Battalion out of at least 15 Marines I know on a personal level.

Is it bigger? or just ironic?

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-23-06, 01:43 PM
They all have four companies. It is just coincidence that you know more Marines that went through 2nd RTB. I know more that were first, from San Diego and Paris Island.

aggiedude
12-23-06, 03:43 PM
Just got back from seeing my nephew graduate (Platoon 1042) and I graduated April 1983 (Platoon 2021)...Man did returning to MCRD San Diego bring back some memories...

PerXes
12-23-06, 07:47 PM
Not bigger, OR ironic. It's the fact that in 2nd BN, we get PRIDE instilled in us since we're the BEST! OORAH 2nd Battalion!

eipoth
12-23-06, 11:12 PM
In our RSS, I know only one Marine who came back from 2nd Batallion. The rest are either from 1st or 3rd, mostly 3rd.

SkilletsUSMC
12-24-06, 12:11 AM
Not bigger, OR ironic. It's the fact that in 2nd BN, we get PRIDE instilled in us since we're the BEST! OORAH 2nd Battalion!

That is the bootest thing I have ever heard;)

Rock_The_MC
12-25-06, 11:36 AM
2nd Bn is a joke!

Pffffft!

No, I'm kidding. I never really payed attention to this kind of thing. I mean, i'm not trying to be rude at all.. that is not my intention when I say this buuut.. Who cares?! Haha! Really. Boot is boot and well, usually the only thing you should be proud of is that EGA... everything else is just.. well, you just forget about it. Your platoon and all that.. might as well forget about it. Sure people are still proud and what not but when you get out of boot and start your journey in the real Marine Corps, what place you got in inital/final drill, PFT, and all that stuff does not matter at all. People laugh at the thought.

I'm a bored grunt, excuse me.

Merry Christmas!

Tallboot
12-25-06, 12:26 PM
Yea im going to be in 2nd Bat. Im at my Grandmas house eating my last meal before i head down to M.e.p.s, Merry Christmas everyone ill be back. Ill miss you christine.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-25-06, 05:08 PM
Tallboot, you picked one heck of a time to go. Nothing like hitting receiving with a bunch of DI's fresh off of some extra time off. They'll have more energy for you!