PDA

View Full Version : Honest people..............

crate78
12-21-06, 02:14 PM
It's heartening to learn that is this topsy-turvy society nowadays that there still are some honest people out there.

Last night, my wife recieved a phone call from a young man who had found her checkbook, before she even realized she had lost it.

My wife works for the Uiversity of Nebraska, and an RA from one of the residence halls found the checkbook on the sidewalk in front of the building my wife works in.

Guess they're not all bad!

crate

SkilletsUSMC
12-21-06, 02:16 PM
It's heartening to learn that is this topsy-turvy society nowadays that there still are some honest people out there.

Last night, my wife recieved a phone call from a young man who had found her checkbook, before she even realized she had lost it.

My wife works for the Uiversity of Nebraska, and an RA from one of the residence halls found the checkbook on the sidewalk in front of the building my wife works in.

crate

Very nice... Are you going to hook him up? I would.

ggyoung
12-21-06, 04:12 PM
When it all comes down to the nitty-gritty there are still a bunch of good people out there.

10thzodiac
12-21-06, 08:16 PM
No softer pillow than your conscious.

crate78
12-22-06, 09:33 AM
I had another heartening experience a number of years ago when everyone was down on teenagers.

I'd had my back operated on (herniated disc) and the surgeon told me swimming would be good therapy for my back. As this was in June and there was a lake with a nice beach about ten miles from my house, this was a very viable option.

One afternoon when I was driving over to the lake I had a flat tire. I really wasn't up to changing a tire yet, although I had a good spare, so as there was a Co-op service station a couple of miles down the road I was idling along on a flat tire trying to make it to the station. A car with a couple of teenage boys stopped and asked if I didn't have a spare tire. I advised them that I did, but I'd just had my back operated on and wasn't really up to changing a tire yet.

One of the boys said, "Oh, we'll change it for you".

I told them it would sure be worth a few bucks to me if they would. They simply jumped out of their car, changed my tire, and absolutely refused to take any money for it.

It seems that just when you're looking at doom and gloom, the sun comes out.

crate

ggyoung
12-26-06, 12:26 PM
I have found out 1 thing in my years as a camp ground host on our national forestes that the poorer people are more up front with there money and will live a cleaner camp site than people who are way better off money wize. It seems that the ones with money try to screw you out of paying what they have too.

Camper51
12-26-06, 01:24 PM
I have found out 1 thing in my years as a camp ground host on our national forestes that the poorer people are more up front with there money and will live a cleaner camp site than people who are way better off money wize. It seems that the ones with money try to screw you out of paying what they have too.

Duhhhhhhhh

And just how do you think they got their money????

My best friend was that way for a long time until I finally convinced him that being cheap wasn't necessarily good, although getting a bargain is always a good deal...

10thzodiac
12-26-06, 02:20 PM

Ain't that the truth !

In my home refrigerator repair business 80-93 it was the same way. I even had it down to the ethnicities too watch out for. I figured out with one ethnic group, to ask if the husband was home, if he was not, if he had the check book with him ? That group liked to try to find out whats wrong with the refrigerator free, then go get the part their-self. If he was home, before diagnosing the problem, I would sit down at the kitchen table and have him initial how he was paying for todays house call. Then if he didn't pay afterwords, I'd just call the police for theft of services.

Only had to call the police a few times. Once, some not money poor wife, who had me fix her refrigerator, whose husband made all the decisions caught hell. I had just finished up and he came home. He refused to pay me and two police squads responded. One of the officers turned out to be a customer of mine, who I did the identical repair earlier that year for, he yelled at him to pay me, which he did. I know that poor woman got yelled at afterwords http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/34.gif

What amazed me, is poor blacks, that didn't have enough money for repairs would say, they would have to call me back. I would always fix it for them and let them pay when they could. Never a problem with poor blacks.

About one out of ten people would horse you around in varying degrees. The younger they were the harder it was. Loved older people !

When busy, we profiled http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/11.gif Green was our color of choice !

I once was called to dangerous neighborhood that I was familiar with and refused to go. The landlord there wanted service for his tenant and threatened to report me to the anti-discrimination authorities. I told him I didn't give a sh*t if he reported me to Khrushchev !

Capitalism http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/04.gif

SF
10thz

SuNmAN
12-26-06, 05:46 PM

crate

There are usually pretty stringent requirements for becoming RAs, which include a lengthy selection and interview process.

Most of the RAs I know are down to earth, nice people (and not to mention bookworms that never go out lol)

I go denied for being an RA because during my interview process I mentioned that although I would "try to be tolerant, I highly disagree with the concept of homsexuality"

lol

10thzodiac
12-26-06, 07:42 PM
There are usually pretty stringent requirements for becoming RAs, which include a lengthy selection and interview process.

Most of the RAs I know are down to earth, nice people (and not to mention bookworms that never go out lol)

I go denied for being an RA because during my interview process I mentioned that although I would "try to be tolerant, I highly disagree with the concept of homsexuality"

lol

I have nothing against them, literally.

yellowwing
12-26-06, 09:06 PM
When it all comes down to the nitty-gritty there are still a bunch of good people out there.
And many of them are lucky to find our Beloved Corps and become poolees! :evilgrin: