PDA

View Full Version : Navy draws a line on some forms of body piercing, ornamentation, tattoos

thedrifter
01-29-03, 12:37 PM
By Sandra Jontz, Stars and Stripes <br />
European edition, Wednesday, January 29, 2003 <br />
<br />
<br />
ARLINGTON, Va. — No more split decisions for sailors — because in the Navy, forked tongues are out. <br />
<br />
As are...

donaldduct
01-29-03, 02:57 PM
Dose this meam the old cut on dotted line tattoo around your neck is out?

Sticky blue
01-29-03, 05:22 PM
Body piercing has been illegal in the Royal Marines for 2 years now. Many have it done where it doesn't show but are punished if the piercing becomes infected!
There is however, a law written in Queens Regulations Royal Navy that says that (a minimum of) two Marines, from the same company, may request to grow pony tails in their hair providing they are freshly tied and tarred every day! Of course the Royal Navy still has capital punishment for certain offences! Hanging from the yard arm!

leroy8541
01-29-03, 08:14 PM
I wonder if the ss brand they burnt on my chest would be in violation, in alot of peoples eyes it will connect me to en extremist organization so will the large bulldog with USMC under it I guess the recon tatoo on my forearm will be out of regs also since I can't cover it up while in a charlie uniform. I guess all my body markings tie my butt to an extremist organization the EXTREME THE HARDCORE, UNITED STATES MARINE CORP!!!!