PDA

View Full Version : Leaving December 27th Parris Island

Tallboot
12-20-06, 07:13 PM
Wish me luck, its been a while but im ready ... ill be back in March, Merry Christmas i'll be back.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-20-06, 08:45 PM
Good luck tallboot... can't wait to see that status change to "Marine"

The1stSgt
12-20-06, 08:58 PM
Tallboot, make your Drill Instructors proud to have you....... give them every thing you got.

Tallboot
12-20-06, 09:23 PM
Aye First Sergeant

CHOPPER7199
12-20-06, 09:52 PM
Just Think It As A 13 Week Vacation Away From Civie Life. Good Luck And Keep Moto. See Ya Back Here As A P.f.c.

Accord
12-20-06, 10:47 PM
I'll see you on the Island a week later.

christine_06
12-22-06, 08:56 PM
Good luck on your journey to earning the title, just keep in mind that everything happens for a reason and don't give up, go to boot camp and do your best and the rest will fall into place, but nothing is given it's all earned. Semper Fi!

3077India
12-22-06, 09:47 PM
At least you won't be there for Christmas like I was at San Diego.
Here r some tips (not all may apply to Parris Island):
1) Don't ever say "I", when talking about yourself, it is always "This Recruit."
2) Don't think about what they tell you to do, because you'll hesitate.
3) BE QUICK, or as my SDI used to say, "Move like you gotta purpose!"
4) Don't eat the scrambled eggs--they're cold.
5) Keep your finger nails clipped down to the quick every day, in other words don't let any white fingernail show.
6) Get used to wearing your first set of cammies for at least 3 weeks straight without washing them or until they can walk around without you.:D
7) Always remember to do the ITB Tendon stretch so you won't get ITB Tendonitis and wind up being one the many recruits you'll see on crutches and sporting leg immobilizers.
8) Forget about asking to talk to a Chaplin, because it ain't going to happen.
9) Beware of the M.O.T. :scared: This is where they try to scare-the-s**t out of you so you'll tell them what u didn't tell your recruiter.
10) DON'T FALL ASLEEP IN ANY OF THE PRAC CLASSES. Easier said than done that first week after getting so little sleep in processing.That's all that comes to mind right now. Wish you all the best and have fun. :cool:

Tallboot
12-22-06, 10:03 PM
Thank you Marines for everything, This forum has continued to help me constantly. I'll Give it my best and my all.

thedrifter
12-23-06, 09:45 AM
Best of Luck!

Make us Proud!

Ellie

WJason777
12-24-06, 10:30 AM
I ship Dec 27 also, i wish you the best of luck. maybe we will meet up somehow. Do anyone know what RTBN we will be in?

yellowwing
12-24-06, 11:03 AM
Tallboot, make your Drill Instructors proud to have you....... give them every thing you got.
In 83 after a week out in Individual Combat Training, we were on our way back to main side and the barracks. Most of us did very well and were proud to have accomplished a very hard week.

We route stepped the 9 miles back but when we hit main side Parris Island our Senior Drill Instructor called out regular close order drill.

When we got back to the Company area he reverted back to route step. No one changed pace. He called route step again. One of our Squad Leaders finally replied, "Sir, we want to march, Sir!"

I think we finally stunned him, "Damn Ladies, now you are motivating me!" :evilgrin:

Well Tallboot and Jason, the time has come to step up to the plate and prove to us and yourself how motivated you are in your heart.

Never Quit, Never Give Up!

WJason777
12-24-06, 11:53 AM
In 83 after a week out in Individual Combat Training, we were on our way back to main side and the barracks. Most of us did very well and were proud to have accomplished a very hard week.

We route stepped the 9 miles back but when we hit main side Parris Island our Senior Drill Instructor called out regular close order drill.

When we got back to the Company area he reverted back to route step. No one changed pace. He called route step again. One of our Squad Leaders finally replied, "Sir, we want to march, Sir!"

I think we finally stunned him, "Damn Ladies, now you are motivating me!" :evilgrin:

Well Tallboot and Jason, the time has come to step up to the plate and prove to us and yourself how motivated you are in your heart.

Never Quit, Never Give Up!

Its been a long wishing and dreaming about becoming a Marine and now the time has really come. I dont know about the other poolees thats shipping dec27 but i am ready to prove how motivated i am. I just cant beleavie its only 3 days away!

eipoth
12-24-06, 01:20 PM
Good Luck to both of you!

LeonardLawrence
12-24-06, 07:28 PM
Gentleman;
Congratulations and good luck!

jinelson
12-24-06, 07:54 PM
Wooty and WJason777 Im going to miss seeing you both around the forums, but my Corps needs you more. Good luck to the both of you make us proud and yourselves even prouder. Remember always that failure is not an option and giving up is inconceivable! Good luck and train hard it will one day save your life.

OORAH!!!

Jim

WJason777
12-25-06, 08:48 AM
I have just found out from my recruiter that i have to be at the station on dec26 at 8am to leave for Jacksonville to stay overnight at the hotel, then the following morning go to MEPs. So today is the last day i am going to be able to post. Thanks guys for everything.

Accord
12-25-06, 02:15 PM
I have just found out from my recruiter that i have to be at the station on dec26 at 8am to leave for Jacksonville to stay overnight at the hotel, then the following morning go to MEPs. So today is the last day i am going to be able to post. Thanks guys for everything.
Good luck and i'll see you in 2 weeks!

Poskew
12-25-06, 09:20 PM
Ha I know most of you havent heard from me in a long time. Had some set backs but I also ship on the 27th. Hope to see you two there. Last name is Poske hopefully we will be in the same Battalion. Anyways I've had so much information obtained from the site its rediculous. Its been a long time since I have been on the site due to not having a computer. My father got me a laptop for christmas so Im jumping on it tonight while I can still use it. Motivated and ready to hit the Island. See all of you in March.

jinelson
12-25-06, 09:24 PM
Its great to have you back on board Bill, I wondered why I couldnt find you at roll call. Good luck to you on your quest to become one of us.

Jim

WJason777
12-25-06, 09:35 PM
Ha I know most of you havent heard from me in a long time. Had some set backs but I also ship on the 27th. Hope to see you two there. Last name is Poske hopefully we will be in the same Battalion. Anyways I've had so much information obtained from the site its rediculous. Its been a long time since I have been on the site due to not having a computer. My father got me a laptop for christmas so Im jumping on it tonight while I can still use it. Motivated and ready to hit the Island. See all of you in March.

How do i find out what battalion i will be in?

Poskew
12-25-06, 09:41 PM
No idea bud. Whats your last name so I know who you are if you are getting screamed at.

3077India
12-25-06, 09:43 PM
How do i find out what battalion i will be in? Might want to ask your recruiter or the Marines at your MEPS that complete your MEPS paperwork.

Accord
12-25-06, 09:52 PM
How do i find out what battalion i will be in?
Go to the MCRDSD or MCRDPI websites and then go to the graduation schedules page, then count 13 weeks forward from what your ship date is to find out what your graduation date is and it will say what Company and Battalion is graduating on that date, and that's who you'll be with. I'm shipping January 8th and i'll be with Echo Co. 2nd RTBn. You won't know what your platoon will be until you're actually there though.

jinelson
12-25-06, 09:56 PM
Ya'll will be graduating on April 6, 2007 with Echo Company 2nd Recruit Training Battalion.

Jim

Accord
12-25-06, 09:56 PM
Wow, so even though you guys are shipping 1.5 weeks before me, we'll be graduating at the same time?

Poskew
12-25-06, 09:59 PM
Any major differences between the RTBn., two Marines on Recruiting Assistance were telling me something along the lines of one is harder than the other. Not to sure.

jinelson
12-25-06, 10:20 PM
John how do you figure you will graduate on April 13, 2007 with India Company 3rd Recruit Training Battalion?

Jim

Accord
12-25-06, 10:44 PM
John how do you figure you will graduate on April 13, 2007 with India Company 3rd Recruit Training Battalion?

Jim
April 6th, 2007 is 13 weeks from when I ship and April 13th would be 14 weeks, so going by that I would graduate April 6th with Echo Co., 2nd RTBn.

WJason777
12-26-06, 04:01 AM
Well guys this is it. I guess i will see you guys when i get back. Thanks for everything when i come back i will have photos to post!

BR34
12-26-06, 04:19 PM
Wow, so even though you guys are shipping 1.5 weeks before me, we'll be graduating at the same time?

PPL shipping Dec. 27th will graduate 2 weeks ahead of those shipping Jan. 8th, since there is no graduation set for March 30.