PDA

View Full Version : Congressman: Muslims Not Welcome In U.S.

outlaw3179
12-20-06, 04:39 PM
A Virginia congressman has warned that "many more Muslims" will be elected demanding to use the Quran unless immigration is tightened.

Republican Rep. Virgil Goode made the comment in a letter to constituents who had written in about Congressman-elect Keith Ellison's decision to use the Quran at his ceremonial swearing-in.

"I do not subscribe to using the Koran in any way," Goode wrote.

"The Muslim Representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don't wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration, there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Koran," he said. "I fear that in the next century we will have many more Muslims in the United States if we do not adopt the strict immigration policies that I believe are necessary to preserve the values and beliefs traditional to the United States of America."

Ellison, a Minnesota Democrat, is the first Muslim elected to Congress. He was born in Detroit and converted to Islam in college.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations, a civil rights group, called on Goode to apologize for the letter.

"Representative Goode's Islamophobic remarks send a message of intolerance that is unworthy of anyone elected to public office," said Corey Saylor, legislative director for CAIR. "There can be no reasonable defense for such bigotry."

Saylor said Goode's remarks follow a recent commentary by radio talk show host Dennis Prager, a member of the United States Holocaust Memorial Council. Prager that swearing an oath on the Quran "undermines American civilization." CAIR has asked President George W. Bush to remove Prager from the taxpayer-supported council.

A spokesman for Goode said no apology was forthcoming, and that the congressman stands by the letter.

Another argument for immigration reform and another reason why Muslims are now going to get upset ......Oh well....Fu*k em!

greensideout
12-20-06, 05:12 PM
Quote: "no apology was forthcoming"

A Congressman that has the gonads to stand firm in what he believes? How rare! We need more MEN like him to lead the country!

jinelson
12-20-06, 05:28 PM
I agree one hundred percent bro. They are now using our constitution and bill of rights to defeat us from within as well as from outside by murder and terror. Deport all of them or vaporize them just get them out of the homeland. This congressman is a true patriot and see's the enemy for what they are.

Jim

ggyoung
12-20-06, 07:07 PM
I agree allso. The wimps that we vote in are as useless as tits on a bore pig.

The1stSgt
12-21-06, 09:10 AM
This guy needs to be meritoriously promoted to Senetor.

We've got to support guys like this, he's difinately a minority and will draw a firestorm from the other side. It'll look like a battalion size night FPF.

drumcorpssnare
12-21-06, 09:38 AM
...'bout time! With the current war on terror, we should make some 'minor changes' to the Statue of Liberty. Like takin' off that crown of light rays, and puttin' a Kevlar helmet on her. And she can set aside that book..."send me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses..." and start packin' a rifle in one hand, and a .45 pistol in the other!!!

We don't have a 'need' right now for Abdullah and his terrorist 'bomber buddies'. If that changes, we'll let 'em know...
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

mrbsox
12-21-06, 11:36 AM
...'bout time! With the current war on terror, we should make some 'minor changes' to the Statue of Liberty. Like takin' off that crown of light rays, and puttin' a Kevlar helmet on her. And she can set aside that book..."send me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses..." and start packin' a rifle in one hand, and a .45 pistol in the other!!!

We don't have a 'need' right now for Abdullah and his terrorist 'bomber buddies'. If that changes, we'll let 'em know...
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

:flag:

Sgt Leprechaun
12-21-06, 02:06 PM
Amen to that! He'd get my vote.

kato811
12-21-06, 05:40 PM
how many votes did he get? which district did he win ? is he married how many kids?

Arcade
12-21-06, 06:14 PM
http://www.cybotron.com/X14_ops/re_clip3.movhttp://www.cybotron.com/X14_ops/operation_black_pyramid/redqueen.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Quarta-Radiation-Monitor-RD-1503/dp/B00051E906http://www.cybotron.com/X14_ops/operation_black_pyramid/radex.gif

Every man in USA has the right to worship whatever....

3077India
12-21-06, 08:04 PM
When the Commander-in-Chief addressed the nation and a joint-session of Congress right after 9-11 and said that "TRUE ISLAM IS PEACEFUL," I almost choked on my Long-Island Iced Tea. There isn't anything about Islam that is peaceful. Since 9-11 I have taken to studying more about Islam (not because I want to convert, but I want to know more about our enemy) and one thing is definately clear, ISLAM DOESN'T TEACH PEACE! What Islam does teach is that if you aren't a Muslim you deserve to die!!!!! While I do now understand why Pres. Bush made that statement (he didn't want to alienate our so-called Arab allies in the Mideast), we must look beyond his words and never believe for a second that we will ever have peace with Muslims who want nothing more than to see the death of the Great Satan; the death of America.

Scottyva
12-21-06, 08:20 PM
Rep. Goode is in the 5th District in Virginia. I am proud to have voted for this Republican Congressman twice. He has the reputation of being a maverick in Virginia Politics.

He said what several others have said and we all have to remember the outrage when Dennis Prager said the same thing.

Arcade
12-21-06, 08:23 PM
When the Commander-in-Chief addressed the nation and a joint-session of Congress right after 9-11 and said that "TRUE ISLAM IS PEACEFUL," I almost choked on my Long-Island Iced Tea. There isn't anything about Islam that is peaceful. Since 9-11 I have taken to studying more about Islam (not because I want to convert, but I want to know more about our enemy) and one thing is definately clear, ISLAM DOESN'T TEACH PEACE! What Islam does teach is that if you aren't a Muslim you deserve to die!!!!! While I do now understand why Pres. Bush made that statement (he didn't want to alienate our so-called Arab allies in the Mideast), we must look beyond his words and never believe for a second that we will ever have peace with Muslims who want nothing more than to see the death of the Great Satan; the death of America.

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/oss/art07.htm

Noooo. With General Palm still pulling his strings and playing the maggot eating dog of the Isa'Nami shinobi for his Nintendo interests. I would initiate an operation according to OSS ULTRA and MAGIC protocols.

http://www.cybotron.com/X14_ops/operation_black_pyramid/index.htm

I would declare a "Case XX"
Every man has the right according to the bill of rights to worship whatever and whomsoever they LOVE to worship.... Screw with the bill of rights and you become prey....:)
http://www.saisamachar.com/saipranaam/sep02/ganesa.jpg

rb1651
12-22-06, 09:25 AM
Finally, a Congressman with some guts!!! I don't have a problem with this idiot wanting to worship however he desires, it is a Constitutional right, I do have a major problem with him wanting to swear in using the Koran to take his oath. Our Country was founded on the foundation of the Holy Bible, a book that professes that all people are equal, not a piece of trash that calls for death to all who do not believe in Islam. I say he either swears his allegience on the Holy Bible, or he does not get the priviledge of using my tax dollars to support his agenda.

Arcade
12-22-06, 09:32 AM
Finally, a Congressman with some guts!!! I don't have a problem with this idiot wanting to worship however he desires, it is a Constitutional right, I do have a major problem with him wanting to swear in using the Koran to take his oath. Our Country was founded on the foundation of the Holy Bible, a book that professes that all people are equal, not a piece of trash that calls for death to all who do not believe in Islam. I say he either swears his allegience on the Holy Bible, or he does not get the priviledge of using my tax dollars to support his agenda.
And the Koran is just a branch of that bible. If I wanted to be sworn in using the Rik Veda or the Bradharma Purana that would be just fine in america.

The1stSgt
12-22-06, 10:41 AM
Arcade,

Your ignorance is showing...... the (jewish-christian) Holy Bible is superior to any other book on the this planet. As is Jesus Christ, it's main character, superior to any other man that has set foot on this planet.

Basic rule: "Things that are different aren't the same."

The Holy Bible and Jesus Christ aren't like any other "religious book or figure" in the history of the world.

That's what our founding fathers belived and died to preserve. This nations was built on those beliefs that is an irrefutable fact when studying the writings of the founding fathers. They were Bible believing Christians.

rktect3j
12-22-06, 11:14 AM
And the Koran is just a branch of that bible. If I wanted to be sworn in using the Rik Veda or the Bradharma Purana that would be just fine in america.
Why in the world did you capitolize Koran, Rik Veda and Bradharma Purna but not Bible or America?

It just makes me wonder sometimes.

rktect3j
12-22-06, 11:31 AM
I think there is a conflict with this. Swearing into office means to uphold and protect the United States and its interests but the Koran is anything but that and in fact runs contrary to it unless we all converted to Islam. Then his sweating in with the Koran would make sense. How can this be any good?

Arcade
12-22-06, 12:21 PM
Arcade,

Your ignorance is showing...... the (jewish-christian) Holy Bible is superior to any other book on the this planet. As is Jesus Christ, it's main character, superior to any other man that has set foot on this planet.

Basic rule: "Things that are different aren't the same."

The Holy Bible and Jesus Christ aren't like any other "religious book or figure" in the history of the world.

That's what our founding fathers belived and died to preserve. This nations was built on those beliefs that is an irrefutable fact when studying the writings of the founding fathers. They were Bible believing Christians.

The Church at Philadelphia , Revelation 3, was the church of Gen. Washington.
And the founding fathers decreed absolute freedom of worship. The God of the Bible and the Koran are one and the same God, According to the Koran.
According to the Apocalypse of Jesus Christ. Jesus sent the Angel Mu'Ahmed and his "little book" (ie. Revelation 10) in order to further his plan to ascend to God. And to destroy his enemies in the snare of Armageddon. You understand? According to the faith of the seven Angels of the Apocalypse, The Bible and Koran are devices of the same God.

rktect3j
12-22-06, 12:31 PM
And the founding fathers decreed absolute freedom of worship. The God of the Bible and the Koran are one and the same God, According to the Koran.
According to the Apocalypse of Jesus Christ. Jesus sent the Angel Mu'Ahmed and his "little book" (ie. Revelation 10) in order to further his plan to ascend to God. And to destroy his enemies in the snare of Armageddon. You understand? According to the faith of the seven Angels of the Apocalypse, The Bible and Koran are devices of the same God.
Just because they have a monothiest religion and one god does not make their god our God. My God has not told me to kill infidels, beat my wife or that I will be rewarded with 72 virgins upon my death and salvation due to suicide bombing innocent children and women. Theirs does. Way too many differences to outweigh the similarities.

Arcade
12-22-06, 01:15 PM
Just because they have a monothiest religion and one god does not make their god our God. My God has not told me to kill infidels, beat my wife or that I will be rewarded with 72 virgins upon my death and salvation due to suicide bombing innocent children and women. Theirs does. Way too many differences to outweigh the similarities.
There were and remain heretical Christian cults. Some practiced the ritual murder of children and women to do worship of God in Christ, yet God did not send them. And it does not defile God. God is not the origin of these traditions and doctrines of murder. But Satan or Iblis is the source. He was a murderer from the beginning. Smetimes the fiend has manifested Christian priests and Muslim Mahdi and Nazi And communist, but it is always a murderer.

rktect3j
12-22-06, 01:59 PM
There were and remain heretical Christian cults. Some practiced the ritual murder of children and women to do worship of God in Christ, yet God did not send them. And it does not defile God. God is not the origin of these traditions and doctrines of murder. But Satan or Iblis is the source. He was a murderer from the beginning. Smetimes the fiend has manifested Christian priests and Muslim Mahdi and Nazi And communist, but it is always a murderer.
That don't mean that our God is their god. That just means there are some sick Christians out there.

FistFu68
12-22-06, 02:06 PM
:evilgrin: ON 4 DECEMBER 1968~I MET GOD~I ALSO MET SATAN! GOD WON!:evilgrin:

Arcade
12-22-06, 02:13 PM
That don't mean that our God is their god. That just means there are some sick Christians out there.
there is only one God creator of all life according to the Bible.

"...I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things...."
Isaiah 45:5-7

rktect3j
12-22-06, 03:47 PM
there is only one God creator of all life according to the Bible.

"...I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things...."
Isaiah 45:5-7
It is true. There is only one God. Their god is not him.

Scottyva
12-22-06, 03:57 PM
As controversial as the Spread of Christianinty was in the days of Rome i don't recall that it required Military Conquest as Islam did.

Here is a question that we need to ask the Muslim Congressman from Minnesota? Do you want Islamic Law instead of the Constitution? It is a requirement to convert not only people but Nations as well

Arcade
12-22-06, 04:13 PM
It is true. There is only one God. Their god is not him.

"...He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son..."
Revelation 21:7

"...The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd. And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh...."
Ecclesiastes (http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV1&byte=2546919) 12:11-12

Therefore every child of God in Christ has the right to write a book of exploit... His testimony. The Koran is mostly the testimony of Mu'Ahmed of the things that the God that formed Isa (ie. Jesus ) in the womb of the Virgin Mary did to further his victory over the pagan cults of Mecca. Mu'Ahmed drew his power from The Saj'Dah or "Adoration" of the Christ child as ordered by "Allah." And the Apocalypse of Jesus Christ gives each child of God, each "Apocalyptic incarnation" a new name of God.
"...Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name...."
Revelation 3:12

There are books of testimony yet to come, containing new names of God revealed to the children of Jesus. For children shall always overcome and become one of these Angels written in this Apocalypse.

rktect3j
12-22-06, 04:16 PM
"...He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son..."
Revelation 21:7

"...The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd. And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh...."
Ecclesiastes (http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=DIV1&byte=2546919) 12:11-12

Therefore every child of God in Christ has the right to write a book of exploit... His testimony. The Koran is mostly the testimony of Mu'Ahmed of the things that the God that formed Isa (ie. Jesus ) in the womb of the Virgin Mary did to further his victory over the pagan cults of Mecca. Mu'Ahmed drew his power from The Saj'Dah or "Adoration" of the Christ child as ordered by "Allah." And the Apocalypse of Jesus Christ gives each child of God, each "Apocalyptic incarnation" a new name of God.
"...Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name...."
Revelation 3:12

There are books of testimony yet to come, containing new names of God revealed to the children of Jesus. For children shall always overcome and become one of these Angels written in this Apocalypse.

You are free to believe that. I will miss you.

3077India
12-22-06, 04:19 PM
Since I've been studying the enemy's religion - Islam - I have learned that devout Muslims will be quick to tell you that the God they worship isn't the same God Christians and Jews worship. In fact Muslims will assert that the Holy Bible has been corrupted by Christians and Jews, without showing you in the Holy Bible where it has been corrupted. They will assert that only the Quran (not Koran) is the perfect and Holy book and dare anyone to challenge that.

So by what authority do you assert that "The God of the Bible and the Koran are one and the same..." when Muslims, themselves will be quick to tell you they aren't. It would appear that you haven't read either the Holy Bible or the Quran, but may have taken what someone else has told you as truth without investigating it for factual accuracy. :nerd:

kato811
12-22-06, 04:52 PM
the republican congressman is a racist. some of you might learn a lot if you talked to someone who actually knows about muslims,oh by the way the senator is an american

3077India
12-22-06, 05:09 PM
BTW a Congressman recently pointed out that all US Senators and Representatives, when taking the oath in their respective chambers, don't actually put their hand on the Bible for the official swearing in ceremony. That is done afterwards as a photo-op for their constituents.

If anybody wants to get technical, it has been stated that members of Congress should actually place their hand on the Constitution when taking the oath, since they swear to support and defend it and not the Holy Bible or Quran. :p

Arcade
12-22-06, 05:16 PM
You are free to believe that. I will miss you.
Moses recieved a new name of God...
"...And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD: And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them...."
Exodus 6:2-3

The concept of the secret new name of god at his visitation, was an old concept and was used by God even before Moses. Tjhe first name of God in the Bible is Eden. But one cannot hold the child of testimony responsible for the corrupt and evil things done in his name. Jesus is not responsible for the witch hunts and the inquisition of the murder cults of the false churches. And the Angel Mu'Ahmed is not responsible or guilty for the crimes of these killer heretics.

Arcade
12-22-06, 05:17 PM
BTW a Congressman recently pointed out that all US Senators and Representatives, when taking the oath in their respective chambers, don't actually put their hand on the Bible for the official swearing in ceremony. That is done afterwards as a photo-op for their constituents.

If anybody wants to get technical, it has been stated that members of Congress should actually place their hand on the Constitution when taking the oath, since they swear to support and defend it and not the Holy Bible or Quran. :p
Yeah but they call upon God saying ."So help me God"

3077India
12-22-06, 05:27 PM
Yeah but they call upon God saying ."So help me God" I find it interesting that they aren't required by law to say, "So help me God," but that it is simply a tradition. :p

rktect3j
12-22-06, 06:43 PM
the republican congressman is a racist. some of you might learn a lot if you talked to someone who actually knows about muslims,oh by the way the senator is an american
We capitolize American, at least those of us who care do.

rktect3j
12-22-06, 06:48 PM
Moses recieved a new name of God...
"...And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD: And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them...."
Exodus 6:2-3

The concept of the secret new name of god at his visitation, was an old concept and was used by God even before Moses. Tjhe first name of God in the Bible is Eden. But one cannot hold the child of testimony responsible for the corrupt and evil things done in his name. Jesus is not responsible for the witch hunts and the inquisition of the murder cults of the false churches. And the Angel Mu'Ahmed is not responsible or guilty for the crimes of these killer heretics.
I don't care what name you give him. The person/identity/being that the muslims celebrate is not God. A name is just a name but the being remains the same, or it is not the same being that we are discussing. Their god is not the God I worship. They are not the same. You can not mistake the two. You either worship God or you worship a false god. Simple.

Here is a test. If you worship a being that after you die torments you with fire or any other means for eternity for the atrocities you committed in his name then you most likely worship the devil. You can call him god all day long but he will not be God, he is the devil. The two are not the same even if you decide to call him your god.

kato811
12-22-06, 07:14 PM
Sorry Joey was half asleep. AMERICA

SuNmAN
12-22-06, 08:53 PM
Representative Goode is out of line.

Our Bill of Rights guarantees us the freedom to practice any religion.

Congressman Ellison has every right to swear an oath by the Quran if he so chooses.

Arcade
12-22-06, 10:16 PM
Men long ago forsook God to cling to their own traditions. <br />
&quot;...But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves. Therefore...

rktect3j
12-22-06, 10:49 PM
You have an answer for everything in quotes. I hope it does you well. God bless.

Arcade
12-23-06, 04:50 AM
We capitolize American, at least those of us who care do.
:evilgrin:

LOL... Ahhhh So.
As I said. Every American has the absolute in alienable right to worship God as he Loves to do. As he wants. Thats the USA. Try living there. Hereabouts, one may even speak the truth.

3077India
12-23-06, 09:06 AM
:evilgrin:
...Every American has the absolute in alienable right to worship God as he Loves to do... As long as their right to do so doesn't violate the laws of the land! When it does that is where freedom of religion ends. If one's faith commands them to kill those who don't believe as they do, then they have stepped outside the bounds of religious freedoms. Last time I checked, Islam commands this of its followers.:nerd:

ggyoung
12-23-06, 11:28 AM
sunman++++++++++++++++Reprensntive Goode may be out of line but he speaks the truth.

Arcade
12-23-06, 11:37 AM
I have to run ops with Muslim and Hindu troops. I have to find liason with them. Certainly I love to sit around the campfire and tell tales of Heaven and compare mysteries. Koran, Bible, Rik Veda, Puranas. We are allies against the murderers. I can ill afford Anti-Islam rhetoric and scuttlebutt.

10thzodiac
12-23-06, 02:56 PM
Congressman: Muslims Not Welcome In U.S.

I agree one hundred percent bro. They are now using our constitution and bill of rights to defeat us from within as well as from outside by murder and terror. Deport all of them or vaporize them just get them out of the homeland. This congressman is a true patriot and see's the enemy for what they are.

Jim

Jim, we all have our prejudices, but what we do with them defines who we are.

Maybe you can relate to this: Nelson: Surname Origin: Irish

It wasn't too long ago the hate mongers were saying bad thing about the Irish too ! Except it was the Protestants trying to oust the Catholic Irish, not Muslims from political office in this country. This was out of reaction to fears that major cities were being overwhelmed by Irish Catholic immigrants who were hostile to American values and controlled by the Pope in Rome.

Exert from Wikipedia:

Discrimination and prejudice

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fd/NINA-nyt.JPG/300px-NINA-nyt.JPG (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:NINA-nyt.JPG)

New York Times want ad 1854--only newspaper ad with NINA for men.

Nativist prejudice against Irish Catholics reached a peak in the mid-1850s with the Know Nothing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_Nothing) Movement, which tried to oust Catholics from public office. Much of the opposition came from Irish Protestants, as in the 1831 riots in Philadelphia.<SUP class=reference id=_ref-5>[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_American#_note-5)</SUP> In rural areas riots broke out in the 1830s among rival labor teams from different parts of Ireland, and between Irish and native American work teams competing for construction jobs. <SUP class=reference id=_ref-6>[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_American#_note-6)</SUP>
It was common for Irishmen to be discriminated against in the social situations. Intermarriage between Catholics and Protestants was uncommon (and strongly discouraged by both ministers and priests). An important response was the creation of a parochial school system, in addition to numerous colleges, that isolated about half the Irish youth from the public schools. After 1860 Irish sang songs (see illustration) about signs reading "HELP WANTED - NO IRISH NEED APPLY", which were also referred to as "the NINA signs." The signs had a deep impact on the Irish sense of discrimination.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f4/Nina3.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Nina3.jpg)

1862 song that created the "No Irish Need Apply" slogan; it was copied from a similar London song.<SUP class=reference id=_ref-7>[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_American#_note-7)</SUP>

New Yorkers harbored nativist sentiment against the Catholic Irish poor in the post-Civil war (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War) period. Irish-Americans were effectively barred from certain occupations. While the Irish dominated such occupations as domestic service, building, and factory work, they were not present in large numbers in the professions, finance, and many businesses. In response, the Irish clung to their occupational niches fiercely, blocking attempts by newer immigrant groups and African Americans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American) to enter them, and earning them a reputation for violence and racism. Such attitudes have sometimes been described as a "house-slave" mentality, borrowing a phrase from the attitudes of mixed-race African-Americans towards slaves with a darker complexion.
Some believe that such Irish-American attitudes persist to this day,<SUP class=noprint>[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sources)]</SUP> and the police forces of major cities such as New York and Boston (which have been traditionally Irish dominated) are widely perceived to be racist amongst minority communities.<SUP class=noprint>[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sources)]</SUP> Since many of the earliest late 19th century immigrant population was Irish, they received the first attacks and discrimination by nativists and Protestants.

Stereotypes and images

The US, being an overwhelmingly Protestant country in the 19th Century, Irish Americans were sometimes the subject of stereotyping. According to historian George Potter, the media often stereotyped the Irish in America as being boss-controlled, violent (both among themselves and with those of other ethnic groups), prone to alcoholism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholism), and dependent on street gangs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_gangs) that were often violent or criminal. Potter quotes contemporary newspaper images:<SUP class=reference id=_ref-8>[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_American#_note-8)</SUP>

"You will scarcely ever find an Irishman dabbling in counterfeit money, or breaking into houses, or swindling; but if there is any fighting to be done, he is very apt to have a hand in it." Even though Pat might "'meet with a friend and for love knock him down,'" noted a Montreal paper, the fighting usually resulted from a sudden excitement, allowing there was "but little 'malice prepense' in his whole composition." The Catholic Telegraph of Cincinnati in 1853, saying that the "name of 'Irish' has become identified in the minds of many, with almost every species of outlawry," distinguished the Irish vices as "not of a deep malignant nature," arising rather from the "transient burst of undisciplined passion," like "drunk, disorderly, fighting, etc., not like robbery, cheating, swindling, counterfeiting, slandering, calumniating, blasphemy, using obscene language, &c."

The Irish had many humorists of their own, but were scathingly attacked in German American cartoons, especially those in Puck (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puck_%28magazine%29) magazine from the 1870s to 1900. In addition, the cartoons of German American Thomas Nast (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Nast) were especially hostile; for example, he depicted the Irish-dominated Tammany Hall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammany_Hall) machine in New York City as a ferocious tiger.<SUP class=reference id=_ref-9>[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_American#_note-9)</SUP><SUP class=reference id=_ref-10>[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_American#_note-10)</SUP>
<SUP></SUP>
<SUP>SF</SUP>
<SUP>10thz</SUP>

SuNmAN
12-23-06, 03:24 PM
sunman++++++++++++++++Reprensntive Goode may be out of line but he speaks the truth.

I don't like the religion of Islam much. I will be honest. There probably IS a reason that such a large number of Muslim followers practice violence

BUT

I WILL respect the right of Americans to peacefully practice any religion they so choose, even including Islam. So this Congressman has every right to swear an oath by the faith which he believes in.

10thzodiac
12-23-06, 07:42 PM
I don't like the religion of Islam much. I will be honest. There probably IS a reason that such a large number of Muslim followers practice violence

BUT

I WILL respect the right of Americans to peacefully practice any religion they so choose, even including Islam. So this Congressman has every right to swear an oath by the faith which he believes in.

Islam means peace

Proselytization: The days of forcible conversion are gone

The sword is no emblem of Islam. But Islam was born in an environment where the sword was, and still remains, the supreme law... The sword is yet too much in evidence among the Mussalmans. It must be sheathed if Islam is to be what it means-peace.

kentmitchell
12-24-06, 08:34 AM
We need to look at the idiots who elected him.
I live in a district that elected Cynthia McKinney--far worse than a Muslim, she's a raving idiot--and the only way we got rid of her was re-drawing district lines. She still got her low-class, racist vote in South DeKalb but more of us, who actually paid attention to her crap, were available to vote her out.
As for which book you put your hand on when you're sworn in, I want someone to promise me that politicians take it seriously anyway. They all lie, cheat and steal--except Zell Miller.
Think about this: You're a Christian about to be sworn into office in a land where Muslims dominate. Would you put your hand on a Koran to do the swearing?
While I ain't happy about Muslims getting a foothold in the system, I've gotta uphold the American way, which is freedom to worship as you wish.
And what book do the atheists in Congress put their hands on?

3077India
12-24-06, 12:20 PM
Think about this: You're a Christian about to be sworn into office in a land where Muslims dominate. Would you put your hand on a Koran to do the swearing?
While I ain't happy about Muslims getting a foothold in the system, I've gotta uphold the American way, which is freedom to worship as you wish.
And what book do the atheists in Congress put their hands on?

As I've posted elsewhere in this thread (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showpost.php?p=211140&postcount=30):
...a Congressman recently pointed out that all US Senators and Representatives, when taking the oath in their respective chambers, don't actually put their hand on the Bible for the official swearing in ceremony. That is done afterwards as a photo-op for their constituents.

If anybody wants to get technical, it has been stated that members of Congress should actually place their hand on the Constitution when taking the oath, since they swear to support and defend it and not the Holy Bible or Quran.

:p

ggyoung
12-24-06, 04:57 PM
sunmam----===========-=======--I am a Latter Day Saint, you the Mormans. Nobody has to preach to me about people hateing a religon here in America. Americans killed our proffit Joseph Smith while he and his brother were in jail. We were driven out of the US at one time so we came to Utah. A place nobody wanted. When had built Utah into a nise place. Then the outside people wanted us out of Utah. The US Army was sent to controll us and yes they have fired on the Mormons. This was not the only time troops fired on people in Utah. They have killed union coalminers in Utah and Col. Be we have niver hurt anyone. You can't say that about the musilims here in the USA

SuNmAN
12-24-06, 05:15 PM
sunmam----===========-=======--I am a Latter Day Saint, you the Mormans. Nobody has to preach to me about people hateing a religon here in America. Americans killed our proffit Joseph Smith while he and his brother were in jail. We were driven out of the US at one time so we came to Utah. A place nobody wanted. When had built Utah into a nise place. Then the outside people wanted us out of Utah. The US Army was sent to controll us and yes they have fired on the Mormons. This was not the only time troops fired on people in Utah. They have killed union coalminers in Utah and Col. Be we have niver hurt anyone. You can't say that about the musilims here in the USA

Yes I can. Muslim Americans are not responsible for 9/11. Muslim extremists are.

3077India
12-24-06, 05:26 PM
...Be we have niver hurt anyone. You can't say that about the musilims here in the USAWhat about the Mountain Meadows Massacre carried out by Mormons upon those trying to flee Utah?:nerd:

ggyoung
12-24-06, 06:54 PM
opps i forgot that one. but that was for money. not religon.

Arcade
12-24-06, 08:07 PM
opps i forgot that one. but that was for money. not religon.
What? Why do you think the Mormon city was burned? Why was Joseph Smith killed? Those were days of religious murder in the name of Christ on American soil.

ggyoung
12-24-06, 08:38 PM
Joseph Smith was killed by the Free Masons. The mormans were into Free Masonery very much. They had the best and finest lodges in the country. The masons used religon as there way at geting at them. This does not come from LDS history but from the Light house minestry in SLC. They are very anti morman. I can tell you lots of stories about the moromans killing people. But I can also tell you more stories other people killing moromans. I myself have 7 great, great uncles and ants killed by mob rule in Ill. and MO. This contunied right here in Utah as late as 1904. That includs more of my familey. My grandfather was stoned to with in an inch of his life in AZ. in 1910.

10thzodiac
12-24-06, 08:53 PM
In the second coming, will the Messiah still be an Orthodox Jew ? http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/11.gif

SuNmAN
12-24-06, 09:09 PM
In the second coming, will the Messiah still be an Orthodox Jew ? http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/11.gif

The Messiah will be coming as the Lord and not as a man in the Second Coming

10thzodiac
12-24-06, 09:11 PM
Believing makes itself !

10thzodiac
01-04-07, 10:37 PM
In this age of hyphenated fascism, what do we call Jews or Christians who want to force non-believers to swear to the Bible? Judeo-Christofascists?

Of course, the comparison with Islamofascists might not be fair - to Islamofascists. Take the quintessential, Bush-certified Islamofascist regime of Iran. Under Article 3 of the Iranian Constitution, "members representing minority religious groups will take the oath mentioning their own holy books."

Iran's parliament has had a Jewish member, Morris Motamed, for years - though the Jewish population is about 25,000 out of 70 million). Various experts on Iran say that such tailoring of oaths to religions goes back to early Islam. Indeed, Tehran University professor Hossein Bashiriyeh explained that "an oath taken with a holy book other than one's own cannot be religiously and morally 'binding.' … In effect it will amount to not taking an oath at all."

Nevertheless, last year, a North Carolina judge ruled that a Muslim would have to swear on a Bible rather than a Quran. His reason was a 1777 oath statute that referred to the use of "the Holy Scriptures" to guarantee that anyone lying would be "justly deprived of all the blessings of that holy book." Since Muslims are not seeking "the blessings of that holy book," it was the ultimate triumph of form over substance.

yellowwing
01-05-07, 04:27 AM
Nonsense out of off nothing, Bible Koran Oath controversy is a another political smoke screen.

Next thing you know they'll start saying that the Left is going to appoint a muslim to represent the United States over at the UN.

"Ladies and gentlemen, introducing US Ambassador Akmed Abdul" :banana:

rktect3j
01-05-07, 08:05 AM
Nonsense out of off nothing, Bible Koran Oath controversy is a another political smoke screen.

Next thing you know they'll start saying that the Left is going to appoint a muslim to represent the United States over at the UN.

"Ladies and gentlemen, introducing US Ambassador Akmed Abdul" :banana:
I feel safer already.

greensideout
01-05-07, 03:39 PM
The US has just deported an Iman from Ohio. :thumbup:

OLE SARG
01-05-07, 04:43 PM
Immigration deporting someone!!!!!!!! I can't believe THAT!!!!!!!!! Must have been a tax-paying, good citizen, who forgot to renew his work visa!!!!! NOT a criminal, illegal ALIEN, who is here to take jobs the U. S. citizens will not do (MY AAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

SEMPER FI,

greensideout
01-05-07, 04:54 PM
He had his day in court. Was found to have ties to the Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

His Iman replacement in NY is in jail for plotting to bomb monuments there.

What a peaceful group, the Islams. Right!!!!!! Get'em all out!

3077India
01-05-07, 08:22 PM
Here is the story according to Fox News.com.

Cleveland Muslim Leader Convicted of Lying About Terror Ties Deported (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,241857,00.html)

DETROIT — A Muslim leader from Ohio who was convicted of lying about his involvement with a group the U.S. government designated a terrorist organization has been deported to his native Palestinian territories, immigration authorities said Friday.

Fawaz Damra, 46, was convicted in June 2004 of concealing his ties to Palestinian Islamic Jihad when he applied for U.S. citizenship in 1994.

Damra, who served imam at Ohio's largest mosque, the Islamic Center of Cleveland, was deported on Thursday, said Tim Counts, spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. He was flown to Amman, Jordan, then crossed to the West Bank.

A message seeking comment with his lawyer, Michael Birach, was not immediately returned.

Damra immigrated to the United States in the mid-1980s and is married with three U.S.-born children. In Ohio, he had become involved in interfaith activities, particularly after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. But soon after, a tape of a 1991 speech in Chicago became public in which Damra said Muslims should be "directing all the rifles at the first and last enemy of the Islamic nation and that is the sons of monkeys and pigs, the Jews."

Damra apologized and said he made the remarks before he had any interaction with Christians and Jews.

At his 2004 trial, prosecutors showed video footage of him and other Muslim leaders raising money for an arm of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad. The State Department placed the group on its list of terrorist organizations in 1989.

Damra had been imam of a Brooklyn, N.Y., mosque in the mid-1980s that became a focus of fundraising for anti-Soviet forces in Afghanistan. His replacement there, Omar Abdel-Rahman, was convicted in a 1995 foiled plot to blow up New York City landmarks.

yellowwing
01-05-07, 09:08 PM
Odd that he was golden when we had them fighting the Soviets. That's Carter and Breszninski's royal screw up.

I still think we need more muslims in government.

ivalis
01-05-07, 09:26 PM
Carter & Bresznski???

Mid 80s was Reagan.

yellowwing
01-05-07, 10:33 PM
Its was Carter and Brezinski plan to draw the Soviets into Afghanistan to sap their resources. It laid the groundwork for Reagan to really stick it to the Soviets. They got their ass handed to them even with 80-100,000 boots on the ground.

Unfortunately it also laid the groundwork for the Taliban. Below is one of many separate sources pointing to Brezinski.

Afghanistan, the CIA, bin Laden,
and the Taliban (http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Afghanistan/Afghanistan_CIA_Taliban.html)...Former CIA director Robert Gates later admitted in his memoirs that aid to the rebels began in June 1979. In a candid 1998 interview, Zbigniew Brezinski, Carter's national security adviser, confirmed that U.S. aid to the rebels began before the invasion...