PDA

View Full Version : Need some help.

SFlynn88
12-19-06, 02:39 PM
I was just sworn in to the DEP yesterday. Now I have been smoking for a little over a year and i'm trying to quit. I'm in decent physical condition, and I can easily do the situps and pullups for my IST test but my lungs can't handle the 1 1/2 mile run for it yet. Now I leave for RT in a little more than 1 month. Any tips to keep me out of PCP? My body can definatly carry me the mile and a half but my lungs just can't.

JWG
12-19-06, 03:01 PM
Well, the most obvious answer I can give you..

RUN.. RUN.. AND THEN RUN SOME MORE. Work up to the 1 1/2.

Camper51
12-19-06, 03:57 PM
Trust me, the Drill Instructors chasing after your a$$ in boot camp will give you more than enough lungpower to do your runs.

By the way, quit the ciggies, you know they are bad for you.

Just ask my heart...

Marine84
12-20-06, 07:43 AM
Trust me................it will be easy. Like Camper said - when you have a DI on your a$$ yelling at you that "YOU BETTER NOT QUIT MAGGOT/WUSS/PIECE OF $H!T/SLIMEBALL/(insert any other name here) - YOU BETTER MOVE YOUR A$$" and he's all red in the face.................yeah, you'll have no problem running just trying to get him off of you! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

SFlynn88
12-20-06, 10:45 PM
Thanks alot guys. Look forward to being there and getting through it all to actually be called a Marine.