PDA

View Full Version : No kid glove response here....

tex-mark
07-10-02, 09:42 PM
To whom it may concern..... <br />
<br />
You arrogant jerks!!! How dare you disrespect the job that some Marines had that were not combat related. <br />
As far as I'm concerned ALL jobs in the corps are...

LadyLeatherneck
07-12-02, 11:15 AM
Thank you Markey.
My TRUE friends know who I am and what I
stand for and that's all that matters. What
the Sergeant Major said was suppose to be
a secret ;) I'm not a person that gloats about
what they have done. I keep that low pro and
let people who really know me find out for
themselves. I'm happy to know that I have truly
made some life long friends on here and you're one
of them...thanks buddy :)

Semper Fi

cowboy_az_us
07-12-02, 06:36 PM
I guess I missed the original note that fired your rockets...

tun75
07-12-02, 08:08 PM
How about a hint into what happened?
Semper Fi,
Bill

troop901
07-13-02, 12:22 AM
Well, I dont know exactly what was said er what happened, but I guess I have to defend LL also fer who she is and what she stands for, even though she is a woman and that means she is a woman driver. I have met LL in person and also tex, so I know ifin sumfin got him this riled up it must have been serious. I was a grunt but I knew I didnt get my pay check, as miniscule as it was, unless there was someone in admin makin sure I got it. We all blasted the pogues while we was in but we all would have been happy to be one too, I know I would have preferred a office and a desk to spending the nights in the swamps at Lejeune. So I agree, as tex said, ifin ya earn the title Marine then you are Marine, no matter what job or title you have. I didnt get a choice as to what my MOS was and I know LL didnt either. And LL, dont get all touchy feely over this cause ya still a woman driver and that makes u public enemy #1, just ask Cass cause I had to ride with her lmao.
SF and I dont have one of dem cool logo things cause my putor is dying and I was also a grunt so I cant figure out how in the hell to attach em anyways.

wrbones
07-13-02, 01:15 AM
See open squad bay, band of brothers creed, on page two.. we had a couple a trouble makers in here jumping everyone. It's been dealt with by shaffer and them. Folks like that don't last around here one way or another, anyway. There was more, but most of it's gone.

NamGrunt68
07-13-02, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by cowboy_az_us
I guess I missed the original note that fired your rockets...

It weren't no troublemakers that started anything. It was some straight up Nammie bro's....it really started when some Politically Correct Left wing Weak end warrior remington raider Marine Posted that he was in favor of the ninth district court ruling on the Pledge of Allegience. We jumped his azz as it should o been. Then it moved to the Band o Brothers thread where another Marine posted some bullcrap touchy feel good Creed that is no way, shape or form related to the Corps that we knew. It looks like it was written by Rosie O'Donnell and Janet Reno...anyway....one thing led to another and I will say that some thangs might o been said that shouldn't o been, but when in the heat of battle craps flys.....Just standin up for my Nam bro's....I wasn't gonna post no more but I have been sent some emails askin me too...and besides, I always stand up for Nam bro's......thats my take on it.............

arzach
07-13-02, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by NamGrunt68

It weren't no troublemakers that started anything. It was some straight up Nammie bro's....it really started when some Politically Correct Left wing Weak end warrior remington raider Marine Posted that he was in favor of the ninth district court ruling on the Pledge of Allegience. We jumped his azz as it should o been. Then it moved to the Band o Brothers thread where another Marine posted some bullcrap touchy feel good Creed that is no way, shape or form related to the Corps that we knew. It looks like it was written by Rosie O'Donnell and Janet Reno...anyway....one thing led to another and I will say that some thangs might o been said that shouldn't o been, but when in the heat of battle craps flys.....Just standin up for my Nam bro's....I wasn't gonna post no more but I have been sent some emails askin me too...and besides, I always stand up for Nam bro's......thats my take on it.............

completely agree Grunt68, we were all in it together.as we are now. always was 'ribbin' going on, always will be! anyone over-reactin' can KMA! a pogue is a pogue is a pogue and a grunt is a grunt. if ya want it done now, see a grunt---ready ta wait, see a pogue!

Fraggum

arzach
07-13-02, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by wrbones
See open squad bay, band of brothers creed, on page two.. we had a couple a trouble makers in here jumping everyone. It's been dealt with by shaffer and them. Folks like that don't last around here one way or another, anyway. There was more, but most of it's gone.
"One way or the other" hey bones, whatca meannin'?

TeufelHunden
07-13-02, 09:16 AM
...Aren't we all Marines? Does it really matter whether or not we're Old Corps or New Corps? The common denominator is Corps. A Corps of brother and sister Marines! If that itself isn't enough to bond us all together for eternity, then I don't know what would.

NamNuts
07-13-02, 09:20 AM
Yes, that be true..once you get past that D.I. you're a Marine no matter what you doing ya'll 0311's <br />
One thing about we Vietnam Marines we came home to the most vial hatting civilians you could...

NamNuts
07-13-02, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by NamGrunt68

ROGER THAT...!

arzach
07-13-02, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by NamNuts

Yes, that be true..once you get past that D.I. you're a Marine no matter what you doing ya'll 0311's
One thing about we Vietnam Marines we came home to the most vial hatting civilians you could imagine..and NOBODY i mean NOBODY other then other Nammies wanted anything to do with us...and many of them were bunkered up!

NOW NOW every swinging dick in the world wants to be a U.S.Combat Vietnam Veteran, and especally a Marine...and most claim to have hummped in every operation in RVN, LAOS, CAMBODIA, HANOI, CHINA, RUSSIA..the bronks!

So, we on guard at all times EVEN in our own Marine ranks! Believe me we or at least I, caught hell from the WWII Marines. Hell i couldn't get into the American Legion Post with the rest of my family, cause according to some of them we LOST our war...we didn't loose F'ng nuttin. But thats the kinda crap we took UNTIL in the last few years...! Hence the VVA came along!

We see a different breed of Marine today..including my own son!

This is no excuse just the facts as we see them! You maybe sittin where we're sittin 3o years from now!!!

OUT......

10-FER 1Eye!
thats sumthin no one but Nammies knew or understood, or, for that matter----FELT!
Hold tite CHESTY, we got yer six!

USMC0311
07-13-02, 10:30 AM
Re: HA HA HA

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HERE YA GO MARINES>>THIS WAS THE Spark that inspired Tex to come to the aid of Lady Leatherneck. Don't want NO Blame put on my Nam Brothers..It is my comment that got this one goin..I take Full CREDIT for tellin Ladyleatherneck My opinion on her 2 cent post..The below post..

Was a dissagreement between Male Marines! no place for a boot non-combat terd to play. AND I detest hearin a woman or a Boot Non combatent tellin me "SUCK IT UP AND GET HARD.....EEERRRRRRRR "
Don't want to get bit!!...Don't play with the Dogs!!

Originally posted by LadyLeatherneck
Good thing I've been behaving lately....
SOMEONE GOT THEIR HAND SLAPPED, SOMEONE GOT THEIR
HAND SLAPPED AND IT WASN'T ME...

NAH-NAH NAH-NAH NAH!

Don't take it to heart devil dogs....even I have had
my hand slapped in the past

SUCK IT UP AND GET HARD.....EEERRRRRRRR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF U know bout hard??? damn rock paintin Maitainance Batallion. No glory in policing the deck..U not even close to the shadow of HARD..
U suck it up Marine!!!!!
How ya like the taste?? Tired of all the BLOWHARD silly wannaB's crap

arzach
07-13-02, 10:55 AM
[
WTF U know bout hard??? damn rock paintin Maitainance Batallion. No glory in policing the deck..U not even close to the shadow of HARD..
U suck it up Marine!!!!!
How ya like the taste?? Tired of all the BLOWHARD silly wannaB's crap [/B][/QUOTE]

well put 0311, do ya figger they'll understand it?

thedrifter
07-13-02, 10:56 AM
To All Marines:

We are all Marines, we all went thru Boot Camp. No matter what job(MOS) one held he/she is still a Marine.

All we ask is that "Show Respect for your Fellow Marines."
Remember: Every Marine is a Rifleman. We all trained to be grunts.

We are here to Help one another and not get into afire fight.
Yes!!!! I'm Proud of my Viet Nam Brothers, at the same time I'm Proud of all who have earned the Title: "United States Marine."

So let us end it here!!!!!!!!

Sempers,

thedrifter

Sparrowhawk
07-13-02, 12:31 PM
to have had an MOS in supplies, electronics, communications, to have been in the rear with the gear.

But my job was to fire that M-60 and I loved that gun and I feared each time I had to do so in battle. But that was my job and I feared more letting down a fellow Marine than I did the enemy.

But because I did my job and other grunts did their jobs and those in the rear did their jobs I’m alive today and so are many other Marines.

At the hospital at Chu Lai a Marine Air winger found out I was a grunt and heck, if they all didn’t take me to their club and bought me drinks all night long. Some said how, they wished to have the opportunity to see the enemy up front and personal like grunts did. You fight overhead drop the bombs but it’s not the same some said.

And I envied those in the rear, those that did not see what I saw, tasted what I tasted, smelled what I smelled, feared what I feared.

Some of those in the rear where at times those who had been wounded in battle, some who had met their limit and would not fight anymore. I know because I helped carry them from the battlefields, where they had cried and pi ssed all over themselves.

And when I did go to the rear for supplies or got a chance to relax in the rear, they seemed to get mortared or had some incoming rockets fired at the base, and I longed for the safety of my own bunker.

Then a few years back I met a Marine who was first of all a grunt like all of us. That went to Nam but never once got a chance to fire, not one round at the enemy and never received incoming fire. The guilt he felt for no reason other then he never got the opportunity to fire back was genuine. I realized which is worst being trained for battle and never being able to do so. Or getting the chance to do and wondering if there was more that I could have done.

But <b>“It don’t mean nothing,”</b> because we are Marines first and foremost and that is what’s important. Some Marines froze in battle and I would have loved to have had that one Marine that wanted to fight at my side instead at that time.

It’s what fate and the Corps dealt us that’s all. We got a chance to do what we were trained to do in our MOS. I did mine, and I always prayed that others would do their job and I’m grateful they did.

Some of us experienced much more than others in a combat zone, does that make a difference?
Not when it comes to the price paid by those that died at our side, who never made it home and so I live today for them and can only encourage other Marines to do the best they can in what ever field MOS they serve in, and perhaps because they do their job some grunt in another battlefield will be able to do his job and survive and come home.

Semper Fi Marines

USMC0311
07-13-02, 12:52 PM
Just chamber a round when yer firing Bro,;)
Semper Fi, "DO OR DIE"

Ding Dong
07-13-02, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
to have had an MOS in supplies, electronics, communications, to have been in the rear with the gear.

At the hospital at Chu Lai a Marine Air winger found out I was a grunt and heck, if they all didn’t take me to their club and bought me drinks all night long. Some said how, they wished to have the opportunity to see the enemy up front and personal like grunts did. You fight overhead drop the bombs but it’s not the same some said.

And I envied those in the rear, those that did not see what I saw, tasted what I tasted, smelled what I smelled, feared what I feared.

Some of those in the rear where at times those who had been wounded in battle, some who had met their limit and would not fight anymore. I know because I helped carry them from the battlefields, where they had cried and pi ssed all over themselves.

And when I did go to the rear for supplies or got a chance to relax in the rear, they seemed to get mortared or had some incoming rockets fired at the base, and I longed for the safety of my own bunker.

Then a few years back I met a Marine who was first of all a grunt like all of us. That went to Nam but never once got a chance to fire, not one round at the enemy and never received incoming fire. The guilt he felt for no reason other then he never got the opportunity to fire back was genuine. I realized which is worst being trained for battle and never being able to do so. Or getting the chance to do and wondering if there was more that I could have done.

But <b>“It don’t mean nothing,”</b>

Semper Fi Marines

I'm in a whole bunch of agreement with the HawkMan's post here. I do have a bunch of qualifiers for it though. Mostly because of "Drifter's" post directly above it.

At one time, I kinda wished I could have been in the rear with the gear instead of living out in the Arizona and the Que Sons and Go Noi Island. Then I got to thinking that if I did catch a round or get splattered over the countryside (both happened to me) that I was glad that I at least had the chance to waste the little baztard that screwed my day up just like a REAL MARINE is supposed to do and trained to do.

I don't get all teary eyed about BAMs. I never spent no time in the bush with BAMs and I never trained with BAMs and I never was laid up in no Naval Hospital with no BAMs. The only BAM I ever had any official dealings with was a BAM Gunny at Quantico that her only claim to fame was that she ate more quim than I did. She tried to ream my six once because she didn't like the little graphic comments that I put on the newbie butterbars' test papers that I graded. (I spent the last 15 months that I was on active duty as an instructor at WTB at TBS) She thought I was supposed to train the dudes to use gun teams in combat but not describe how they were fixing to get those same gun teams killed with their stupid ideas. I'm not dissing BAMs, I just don't have any working point of refference in dealing with them.

As for pogues ... there is (or at least used to be) a difference in support personell and some fat azzed pogue baztard that sits in the rear with the gear and gets welfare rich off of the sh!t that's supposed to be going out to combat Marines. A perfect example was a certain "ACTING" Company Gunny that we had in '70 that came from a Shore Party Battalion that never once carried his fat a$$ out into the Arizona when we went on patrols and OPs but he sold the **** out of the **** that we were supposed to be getting out in the field. We forgot what an SP pack even looked like while he was "ACTING" Company Gunny. He was a POGUE ba$tard and he still is. Then I remember the time during monsoon time of '69-'70 that I got choppered back into the Combat Base at An Hoa as part of an article 32 investigation. I had been in the Arizona for 33 days and was walking rot and mud incarnate. The POGUE L/Cpl that flew out from Da Nang with the legal staff to shuffle paperwork tried to eat my a$$ for dripping and tracking mud on the floor of the hootch he was using. I was supposed to show him respect? BITE ME TOO!!

Then there were the POGUE ba$tards that sat in Da Nang and at Camp Hansen and sorted through the seabags and valpacks of the guys that got their $hit blown away out in the bush and stole the goodies and souveniors to keep as their own. I'm supposed to respect their sorry a$$es? BITE ME TOO!! I wouldn't let no squid do them fools any harm but, I got no real respect for them. I didn't at 19 and I don't now at 52.

It also upsets me to have some lame call me BRO that don't have any point of refference as to what that term really means. He might be my Brother Marine but, if he ain't never spent the night in a waterboo wallow with dinks 20 meters away then he ain't my "BRO."

For all you dudes and dudettes that wanna tell me there ain't no difference between Combat Marines and all them other type Marines then I wish you would go out to the V.A. here and pick up some of my medication or go out to the V.A. and take part of my treatment and therapies for me or sit in some of my Bros' wheelchairs for them.

I feel the urge to keep going with this but, it's totally non-productive. I'm proud as hell of all the folks that earned the title of "Marine." That don't take away the fact that there are still $****birds wearing the uniform that need taken out behind the barracks and have mudholes stomped in their a$$es. I'm just old enough that I don't buy into the concept of dilluting and watering down of the pain and blood paid by THE FEW so that the WHOLE can feel all warm and fuzzy. Just because somebody wears the same uniform that I did does NOT enable them to share in some of my experiences, thoughts, accomplishments or pain. If that were the case, everyone would be getting part of my V.A. disability checks.

The Marine Corps and all who sail in her will always have my total attention. My Combat Bros will always be at the head of the friggin' line though.

GarvinRay
07-13-02, 04:57 PM
I agree with Sparrowhawk and the drifter. Every job is important or it wouldn't be in the T/O.

I had a friend that passed away a few years ago that spend his 20 years in the Corps (1948 - 1969). He was a heavy equipment operator and later a heavy equipment mechanic in the Engineers. He never got the opportunity to set foot in a combat area, and he always felt guilty. During the VietNam conflict he was stationed in Okinawa as shop chief refurbishing heavy equipment. His job was important and he should not have felt guilty. He retired with 5th award of the Good Conduct Medal and the National Defense Service Medal and his Expert badge.

Once you earn the title Marine, don't be ashamed of your contributions to our Corps. You don't always get the assignments you desire, but always do your best.

arzach
07-13-02, 05:22 PM
you da man! spelled it out so all could(or should)finally get a picture of what this whole 'banter' is about. we did, and them now, GOT TO RESPECTwhat the Marines of 'before' have done to enhance 'OUR CORPS'. when ya'll hear stories about Marines, it damn sure ain't 'bout 'pogues'. (make the distinction---not all rear area personell)it's 'bout combat Marines.
we've all earned the title upon graduating from boot camp, the 'product' gets tested underfire. there is a definate distinction between the two. not askin' fer your understanding, just accept me--if ya can't, then don't expect me to accept you into my Marine Corps.

Sparrowhawk
07-13-02, 06:28 PM
I luv's you bro

Now, I don't feel half as quilty about that time we paid mama-son $5 dollars to cut-off two of her daughter's hair which we took to DaNang to do some trading with.

Told some pogues in the rear they was hair we scalp off some gooks we had killed.

Got six cases of cokes, four whisky bottles, a rangers hat and I believe a nice pair of rayband sunglasses for that...LMAO

<b>Must be that Special Gift God gave to Grunts</b><EMBED SRC="http://www.angelfire.com/space/sparrowhawk/Godgift.wav" Hidden="FALSE" AutoStart="false" Volume="75" Height="24" Border="0" Width="35" Controls="PlayButton">

NamGrunt68
07-13-02, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Ding Dong

I'm in a whole bunch of agreement with the HawkMan's post here. I do have a bunch of qualifiers for it though. Mostly because of "Drifter's" post directly above it.

At one time, I kinda wished I could have been in the rear with the gear instead of living out in the Arizona and the Que Sons and Go Noi Island. Then I got to thinking that if I did catch a round or get splattered over the countryside (both happened to me) that I was glad that I at least had the chance to waste the little baztard that screwed my day up just like a REAL MARINE is supposed to do and trained to do.

I don't get all teary eyed about BAMs. I never spent no time in the bush with BAMs and I never trained with BAMs and I never was laid up in no Naval Hospital with no BAMs. The only BAM I ever had any official dealings with was a BAM Gunny at Quantico that her only claim to fame was that she ate more quim than I did. She tried to ream my six once because she didn't like the little graphic comments that I put on the newbie butterbars' test papers that I graded. (I spent the last 15 months that I was on active duty as an instructor at WTB at TBS) She thought I was supposed to train the dudes to use gun teams in combat but not describe how they were fixing to get those same gun teams killed with their stupid ideas. I'm not dissing BAMs, I just don't have any working point of refference in dealing with them.

As for pogues ... there is (or at least used to be) a difference in support personell and some fat azzed pogue baztard that sits in the rear with the gear and gets welfare rich off of the sh!t that's supposed to be going out to combat Marines. A perfect example was a certain "ACTING" Company Gunny that we had in '70 that came from a Shore Party Battalion that never once carried his fat a$$ out into the Arizona when we went on patrols and OPs but he sold the **** out of the **** that we were supposed to be getting out in the field. We forgot what an SP pack even looked like while he was "ACTING" Company Gunny. He was a POGUE ba$tard and he still is. Then I remember the time during monsoon time of '69-'70 that I got choppered back into the Combat Base at An Hoa as part of an article 32 investigation. I had been in the Arizona for 33 days and was walking rot and mud incarnate. The POGUE L/Cpl that flew out from Da Nang with the legal staff to shuffle paperwork tried to eat my a$$ for dripping and tracking mud on the floor of the hootch he was using. I was supposed to show him respect? BITE ME TOO!!

Then there were the POGUE ba$tards that sat in Da Nang and at Camp Hansen and sorted through the seabags and valpacks of the guys that got their $hit blown away out in the bush and stole the goodies and souveniors to keep as their own. I'm supposed to respect their sorry a$$es? BITE ME TOO!! I wouldn't let no squid do them fools any harm but, I got no real respect for them. I didn't at 19 and I don't now at 52.

It also upsets me to have some lame call me BRO that don't have any point of refference as to what that term really means. He might be my Brother Marine but, if he ain't never spent the night in a waterboo wallow with dinks 20 meters away then he ain't my "BRO."

For all you dudes and dudettes that wanna tell me there ain't no difference between Combat Marines and all them other type Marines then I wish you would go out to the V.A. here and pick up some of my medication or go out to the V.A. and take part of my treatment and therapies for me or sit in some of my Bros' wheelchairs for them.

I feel the urge to keep going with this but, it's totally non-productive. I'm proud as hell of all the folks that earned the title of "Marine." That don't take away the fact that there are still $****birds wearing the uniform that need taken out behind the barracks and have mudholes stomped in their a$$es. I'm just old enough that I don't buy into the concept of dilluting and watering down of the pain and blood paid by THE FEW so that the WHOLE can feel all warm and fuzzy. Just because somebody wears the same uniform that I did does NOT enable them to share in some of my experiences, thoughts, accomplishments or pain. If that were the case, everyone would be getting part of my V.A. disability checks.

The Marine Corps and all who sail in her will always have my total attention. My Combat Bros will always be at the head of the friggin' line though.

Its just way too damn bad that you can't reach out and touch one of these posts like you made Ding Dong....cause I'm sure as hell that if I could touch the letters in your post and then touched my finger to my nose, it would smell just like night mud, and blood. Good on you bro !!! I thinks you hit the Dink on da Head !!WELCOME HOME DING DONG AND SEMPER FI !!

tun75
07-13-02, 07:53 PM
Well I hope that this means its done and over and time for all of us to go out for a beer. I Still dont know exactly what happened but my two cents is if you wear an EGA then your a Marine. enugf said I'll have a corona with lime.....................
Semper Fi
Bill

Sixguns
07-13-02, 08:04 PM
I understand that not everyone had the luxury to choose their MOS. Even if you did have a choice in your MOS, we all were made the same way. The training makes us Marines and our MOS is secondary. I have big respect for those that are on the tip of the spear and who serve or served in the infantry. Just my thoughts. But remember there are many MOSs and Marines that we called upon to perform their duties in combat or a campaign. Look at the MOH winners and other significant awards. Some of these Marines were not infantrymen, but did what needed to be done in the time of need. We all joined knowing we may be called into harm's way.

Sixguns

wrbones
07-13-02, 08:04 PM
You buying? I'll have a JD and Coke or three....

NamNuts
07-13-02, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by tun75
Well I hope that this means its done and over and time for all of us to go out for a beer. I Still dont know exactly what happened but my two cents is if you wear an EGA then your a Marine. enugf said I'll have a corona with lime.....................
Semper Fi
Bill

OKAY now uz talkin! Boiler maker for me...Miller and JD...OR for ole times sake 33's and JD...no ice no coke! Tanks!

arzach
07-13-02, 08:22 PM
few pints 'o' Guinness, then a few more, a few more

Ding Dong
07-13-02, 08:49 PM
Interesting concept. That's the same as saying &quot;A rifle is a rifle even though the firing pin is missing.&quot; <br />
<br />
Yea ... samey-same as saying Medal of Honor &quot;WINNER.&quot; A Medal of Honor ain't a door prize...

arzach
07-13-02, 08:58 PM
OK Dinger, ya gotta have a 'cold one' after that post! <br />
Belly-up ta da bar, I'm buyin'

Ding Dong
07-13-02, 09:16 PM
I luv's you bro

Now, I don't feel half as quilty about that time we paid mama-son $5 dollars to cut-off two of her daughter's hair which we took to DaNang to do some trading with.

Told some pogues in the rear they was hair we scalp off some gooks we had killed.

Got six cases of cokes, four whisky bottles, a rangers hat and I believe a nice pair of rayband sunglasses for that...LMAO

<b>Must be that Special Gift God gave to Grunts</b><EMBED SRC="http://www.angelfire.com/space/sparrowhawk/Godgift.wav" Hidden="FALSE" AutoStart="false" Volume="75" Height="24" Border="0" Width="35" Controls="PlayButton">

Yea HawkMan ... that be me sho' nuff. I been accused of being just about every degree of dinky-dau in the book. I don't get invited to too many cocktail parties but, they used to love my young ass in a firefight. Another ol' CRAZY-azzed Grunt type dude by the name of Ormond Simpson pinned my first heart on me and whispered something in my ear that most of these dudes would never understand. I actually loved that leathery old ba$tard. HE understood Marines and how the game worked.

Speaking of dinky-dau ... if you are the same dude I think you are, and if your initials are C.B. well, I've heard a few things about you that would get you more than a few free drinks with the Marines I drink with. If you be that very same Bro what I think you are then from me to you and especially since you did some sh!t with a 60 I'm in awe of, an extra WELCOME HOME and SEMPER FI to you. BTW ... I see you live in Riverside. Our S-2 scout the first part of my tour lives down in Fountain Valley. I'd like to get you two hooked up. His name is Mike Heffernan and he knew ever pimple on that sh!thole we called the Arizona. He's good people. I've been trying to figure out for over 32 years if I owed him my life or a good a$$ whipping.

Ding Dong
07-13-02, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by arzach

OK Dinger, ya gotta have a 'cold one' after that post!
Belly-up ta da bar, I'm buyin'

Hey 'Zach ... I'm much obliged Bro. I'll have a double GlenFiddich with a single drop of maiden's dew. I guess I'll have to buy the first round when we all show up at LZ Crotch in November. Are you and Grady gonna eat breakfast tomorrow or drink it? You ever find Edgar down your way? I tried to call him awhile ago and couldn't get an answer. I hooked Grady up with his e-mail addy. I ain't seen Edgar since we got dumped on the medevac 12-October-70. He's gonna meet up with us in Arlington come November. I'm gonna try to get him to come to LZ Crotch too. Thanks for the drink. I'm gonna go get some air.

arzach
07-13-02, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Ding Dong

Hey 'Zach ... I'm much obliged Bro. I'll have a double GlenFiddich with a single drop of maiden's dew. I guess I'll have to buy the first round when we all show up at LZ Crotch in November. Are you and Grady gonna eat breakfast tomorrow or drink it? You ever find Edgar down your way? I tried to call him awhile ago and couldn't get an answer. I hooked Grady up with his e-mail addy. I ain't seen Edgar since we got dumped on the medevac 12-October-70. He's gonna meet up with us in Arlington come November. I'm gonna try to get him to come to LZ Crotch too. Thanks for the drink. I'm gonna go get some air.

Scotch drinker,eh! big thumbs up on that. LZ Crotch gonna be a hoot fer sure. Needs Edgar's # or addy, mananna, when me and Grady get tagether.
Semper Fi Bro

Sparrowhawk
07-13-02, 09:58 PM
Heck with the beer tonight,

It's martini time.....

http://store2.yimg.com/I/fox100_1680_501345

Of course with a beer chaser........

arzach
07-13-02, 10:14 PM
believe we moved some a da same sand & dirt!
did a quick look on yer site, hell I mighta even given ya a ride somewhere. ever do any 'County Fairs?

LadyLeatherneck
07-14-02, 01:26 AM
Posted by USMC0311:
HERE YA GO MARINES>>THIS WAS THE Spark that inspired Tex to come to the aid of Lady Leathernek. Don't want NO Blame put on my Nam Brothers..It is my comment that got this one goin..I take Full CREDIT for tellin Ladyleatherneck My opinion on her 2 cent post..

Was a dissagreement between Male Marines! no place for a boot non-combat terd to play. AND I detest hearin a woman or a Boot Non combatent tellin me "SUCK IT UP AND GET HARD.....EEERRRRRRRR "
Don't want to get bit!!...Don't play with the Dogs!!

First of all let's get something straight...NO ONE Needs to come to my AIDE. I can take care of myself and stand up for myself
and my comment about getting their hand
slapped wasn't even directed to you so why don't you lay off
and go bark up someone else's ass because I'm seriously
getting tired of your sh!t. Like I told you in the private message
"I've never disrespected you and if you don't like me because
I was able to score higher on the ASVAB and be able to obtain
an ADMIN job then just freakin ignore me and leave me the hell
alone!!!

So much for your apology Mr.USMC0311, guess you're not
a man of your word!

Re: unimpressed Re: unimpressed
Semper Fi, Marine..I apologize for my idiotic remarks Sister.
I ain't got no justifiable reason for talkin **** to you.
I ask you to forgive me Sister. and thank you for Being a Marine.
Semper Fi, Joe T.

LadyLeatherneck
07-14-02, 01:45 AM
quote:

USMC0311 wrote on 07-09-2002 01:16 PM:
ain't gonna play no silly games with no woman

quote:

LadyLeatherneck wrote on 07-09-2002 01:35 PM:
Never asked you to play. I don't play no games either. I'm
not sure what your problem is with me, BUT I have self respect
and I don't think I've ever done anything to disrespect you so
if you can't respect me for who I am than just leave me alone and
just ignore me.

I've never claimed to be no GI Jane nor would want to. We all have jobs to do in the Marine Corps and well if you don't like admin I'm sorry, but I'm not ashamed of my job. I was given a job and I did it to the best of my ability and I'm PROUD of it.

USMC0311
07-14-02, 01:55 AM
tried to clean it up..Its off my Nam Bros.10-4 I will avoid you WM

LadyLeatherneck
07-14-02, 02:10 AM
You tried to clean it up but yet turn around and
call me "a boot non-combat terd"???

How is that cleaning it up Joe??!! You say you're sorry
and yet turn around and call me names again. I'll say this
for the last time. I have nothing but respect for Nam
Marines and some of my best friends are Vietnam Marines
I've never claimed to be nothing but what
I am...a Female, a Marine, and a former ADMIN Marine.

I've never even had a conversation with you outside
of a Hi and Bye in the chatroom so I'm not sure where
all this anger and attacks against me are coming from.
I guess there's always a first for everything, but heck,
this is the first time I get attacked this way, but I'm not
going to sit back and take it Joe. You can round up all
the brothers you want and I'll stand alone and proud...
and you know why?....
because I know where I stand and what I've said and
and most important, in the end ...I'll still be standing.

Semper Fi

USMC0311
07-14-02, 02:16 AM
simply Laura U jumped in the middle of a conversation U knew nuthin bout what was going on..I ain't in yer **** Marine..and I can get along without makin nicey nicey with ya.Suck it up Marine.
Semper Fi,

LadyLeatherneck
07-14-02, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by USMC0311
simply Laura U jumped in the middle of a conversation U knew nuthin bout what was going on..I ain't in yer **** Marine..and I can get along without makin nicey nicey with ya.Suck it up Marine.
Semper Fi,

You really need to get your facts straight.....
I sure as hell didn't jump INTO your conversation
because you weren't even in it...if you go back and
read the thread "Attention on Deck" you hadn't even
posted and it was everyone making comments
and like I said my comment was in no shape or form
directed to you because like I said, you WEREN'T in
the conversation. I don't know but seems to me
like you were just trying to pick a fight with me over
some nonsense. If you're trying to get my attention
there's better ways of going about it.

troop901
07-14-02, 03:02 AM
well, here we go again, whats with all the infightin. I have the utmost respect for the nam vets, for not only what they had to go threw over there but what they also had to come back too. I have never once seen laura disrespect any vets either. Is it because she is a woman or was in admin. She aint ever said she was a combat vet or tried to pretend to be one.
And Joe, i am not takin a shot at you either, as i said, i have always gotten along with ya when on the chat and no one is demandin that u be nicey nicey to anyone, everyone has the right to thier opinion but there has always been a us vs them attitude since the beginning of time and i dont want to see the us vs us attitude. I'm not the touchy feely type of guy and anyone who knows me will tell ya that i am the most insensitive SOB ya can run across. all i ask is that we get away from this us vs us thing.

wrbones
07-14-02, 03:15 AM
Don't mind the tug of war between who was here or who was there. Straight questions and straight answers usually take care of it. What disturbs me is some of the thinking going on. Marine was somewhere I wasn't, I try to listen or keep my mouth shut. Marine thrashing another Marine, I try to keep out it til I think things are getting out of hand. Told a couple of the doers and shakers around here I'd try to stay out of it. Why I held back this long. Feller said he was misused and abused by the WWII Vets when he got back. Wouldn't let him in the door. Happened to me and to others I know. Now I see Marines doing the same to other Marines who also had the misfortune of being born a few years too late. Where's the thinking, here? Others say what some of us did doesn't count. Saw friends of mine die in a place getting set up to rescue a few Marines and civvies in Tehran. Saw a few more get sent to this place or that, some getting killed here and there.Saw a few more getting sent to places like Lebanon and Grenada. Saw some gettin killed just in training. Doesn't count to some folks, I know. All that counts is their own pain and loss. Picked up a few pieces of what was left of some of those Marines who don't count after a couple of accidents. Saw quite a few more whose lives, health, minds and careers were ruined in service to their nation. I guess those types of sacrifices don't count either. Some of you don't have a clue what was given that you might be the "point of the spear". What was given doesn't seem to count. Your rationaliztions and self justifications won't fly with me, or too many others. Even other Viet Nam Vets. Some little to do in Eastern Europe or Somalia doesn't count with you, apparently Desert Storm doesn't count with you, and I would guess that this little set to with OSM doesn't matter to you, either. Just what you want, need and desire, matters, and you seem to want it now, whatever it is. You never seem to specify, you just scream and rail and beat your chests. I'm met Veteran's on this site whom I've come to respect. Veteran's from all contemporary conflicts and excursions. They seem to be good men and women. They've suffered, too. They've sacrificed, too. They've all lost a Brother somewhere. I've seen the beast. All you can do at the time is to scream back. It's time to stop screaming at the beast, we are not him. We are brothers and sisters who would be of help, if you would let us. One Marine to another, I'm offering my hand. It's your choice to take it. or not.

JP YH08
07-14-02, 03:59 AM
I stand corrected! My ideas can get in the way!

S/F JP

Ding Dong
07-14-02, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by wrbones
Don't mind the tug of war between who was here or who was there. Straight questions and straight answers usually take care of it. What disturbs me is some of the thinking going on. Marine was somewhere I wasn't, I try to listen or keep my mouth shut. Marine thrashing another Marine, I try to keep out it til I think things are getting out of hand. Told a couple of the doers and shakers around here I'd try to stay out of it. Why I held back this long. Feller said he was misused and abused by the WWII Vets when he got back. Wouldn't let him in the door. Happened to me and to others I know. Now I see Marines doing the same to other Marines who also had the misfortune of being born a few years too late. Where's the thinking, here? Others say what some of us did doesn't count. Saw friends of mine die in a place getting set up to rescue a few Marines and civvies in Tehran. Saw a few more get sent to this place or that, some getting killed here and there.Saw a few more getting sent to places like Lebanon and Grenada. Saw some gettin killed just in training. Doesn't count to some folks, I know. All that counts is their own pain and loss. Picked up a few pieces of what was left of some of those Marines who don't count after a couple of accidents. Saw quite a few more whose lives, health, minds and careers were ruined in service to their nation. I guess those types of sacrifices don't count either. Some of you don't have a clue what was given that you might be the "point of the spear". What was given doesn't seem to count. Your rationaliztions and self justifications won't fly with me, or too many others. Even other Viet Nam Vets. Some little to do in Eastern Europe or Somalia doesn't count with you, apparently Desert Storm doesn't count with you, and I would guess that this little set to with OSM doesn't matter to you, either. Just what you want, need and desire, matters, and you seem to want it now, whatever it is. You never seem to specify, you just scream and rail and beat your chests. I'm met Veteran's on this site whom I've come to respect. Veteran's from all contemporary conflicts and excursions. They seem to be good men and women. They've suffered, too. They've sacrificed, too. They've all lost a Brother somewhere. I've seen the beast. All you can do at the time is to scream back. It's time to stop screaming at the beast, we are not him. We are brothers and sisters who would be of help, if you would let us. One Marine to another, I'm offering my hand. It's your choice to take it. or not.

Bones ... now YOU are speaking a version of the Marine Corps lexicon that I understand.

I don't know how the lashup around here works but, by the El Commandantee by your name I guess you must be the HMFIC. I'll come clean with you Marine. I came over here to peep some snotty liberal dung about the Pledge flap that stirred up some of my Bros. I ain't got a whole bunch of time that I can put into computers. I own my own domain and I also own the lisence to one of these mighty fine JelSoft vBoards but I seldom have time to use it. When I do get to talk to the Bros that I set it up for, it's usually by telephone while I'm taking care of some chore or the other and can balance the phone on my shoulder. Between my trips to the V.A. and my domestic responsibilities I have very limited free time if any. I do take a few days at Memorial Day and the Marines Corps Birthday/Veterans Day to go to Virginia/Washington to hang with my Nam Bros and visit The Wall.

I know some of the Bros here. I've either served in combat with them or did hospital time with them or after Nam duty with them or met them through one of my other Bros that served with them. A couple like the HawkMan I know by reputation and and stories passed down to me about guys that did noble sh!t before I got the land of beetle nut and rice powered heathens. I love the Marine Corps, Past Present and Future. I come from a family of Marines. The first years of my life were spent as a Marine dependent. Every diaper I ever crapped in was filled with Marine Corps paid for chow.

Having said that, I'll admit to railing and screaming. Even aimless railing and screaming. It gets to be a habit after awhile when you deal with the same tired bull$hit all the time for years that turn into decades. Who are we railing at? I can't speak for everyone but, for me it was at first all the dudes that I went to school with that slipped by on draft deferments and then had the stones to look down on me and treat me like something inhuman.

Then it was the peacetime martinette types that were so envious of any junior NCO that had trigger time in the Nam that they made life totally miserable. I personally know in the neighborhood of 25 of the most righteous Bros that ever wore that uniform that stuck out all the peacetime/post Nam horse$hit long enough to retire and virtually all of them got passed over for E-9 billets in favor of some chipmunk a$$hole that couldn't stay awake long enough to do a decent fire watch.

Then it was Hollywierd making us all look like sick deranged animals. Then the same liberal jerkoffs sell the yuppie polyester feel goody types Billary Clinton and the fags.

Somewhere along the line it got popular to feel the pain and stand in front of The Wall with a strategic tear in the eye at just the right shutter click. BANG!!! All of a sudden they started crawling out of the woodwork. Every lame a$$hole that was ever within commercial jetting distance of VietNam started showing up at The Wall and such places wearing cammies and bush covers and if you can stand still long enough to listen to their "story," every dip$hit that turned a wrench in Saigon is suddenly a Green Beanie and every Corpsman that changed a bedpan at NSA is suddenly a Combat Corpsman at Khe Sahn and every dude that was in smelling distance of JP suddenly became a door gunner and on and on and on. It's bad enough when that drivvel comes from a stranger but it's even worse when you find it coming out of dudes that you know cut their ownself with a P-38 to get out of standing bunker watch.

Now all of a sudden, every dude that ever walked off of San Diego or rode off of Parris Island is due my respect. NO THEY AIN'T!!! Lee Harvey Oswald deserves my respect? Some light in the loafers fag that didn't get asked and then puts his "wedding" pictures to his pole puffing "partner" on the internet deserves my respect?

I have every respect in the world for my Bros from the Nam no matter what MOS they had. I've seen Phantom pilots come in so low to the deck to drop napalm that you could see them flipping you the bird when they went past. I would have named my sons after a couple of them dudes. I've seen 46 crews do some of the craziest most unreal $hit in the world trying to save my dumb a$$. One of my best friends and school mates died in a 34Dog the year before I went to the Marine Corps trying to do one of those crazy frigging things. His body was never recovered. I had another school friend that is still at the bottom of the South China Sea in the wreckage of a 34 Dog that was wounded at Hue and died when the medevac that he was on crashed before it could get to to Marble Mountain. He was Shore Party. I'm here to tell you that I would come close to kissing the a$$ of every man in the 11th Marines for some of the fire missions they gave us.

I do NOT have any respect for a pogue lifer ba$tard that leeched off of any field Mud Marine. If a Marine regardless of his era doesn't have the brains to figure out the difference between a career Marine and one one that's dedicated to his/her job and those lifer/leech/pogue scumbags that have preyed off of the Marine Corps since Christ was a PFC then it's time they re-evaluate their surroundings.

I have no doubt that most of the Marines here deserve my respect and Brotherhood. Dudes like that 30 something mealy mouthed yuppie L/Cpl reservist that calls himself Race are now and have always been a liability to the Marine Corps. They take an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution as it stands then spend all their time running it down and trying to pick it apart and stir the 19 year old PFCs up with a bunch of crap. How in the hell does that foster unit cohession? How can you trust a guy like that in your fighting hole at night? Every sole that wore or wears the Marine Corps uniform is not instantly and forever more deserving of respect. Respect is earned and earning respect used to not be an easy thing.

I never attended any sensitivity class while I was in the Marine Corps so I'm sure I've ruffled a feather or three. I don't give a rat's a$$ about that. There is at least a reinforced fireteam still in membership here that know how I carry myself in a firefight and that's good enough. I'm with that Super Trooper Buckeye State Flying Tire Bear ... I don't like seeing that "US versus THEM" crap but I don't like seeing that flying on other peoples laurels deal either. I'm finished here Bones so, you can delete me along with my Bro BabyHuey. 'Ol Bruce is way friggin' dinky-dau too. He threw his medals at the capitol building way back when the screwing of us wailers and screamers was first taking shape.

Semper Fi
I was a Mud Marine
and that was the best thing in my life.

arzach
07-14-02, 07:17 AM
Damn Bro, you be gifted! Put a smile on this ole Jarhead's face first thing this A.M.! Ya said every damn thing right---exactamundo! wishin' I had yer way with words, don't tho, so I'll just muddle on thru!
Semper Fi Bro!

By The Way---LL, I believe you're takin' 0311 ona wrong side---

USMC0311
07-14-02, 08:48 AM
This is an example of Y Women should B barefoot and pregnant.

quote:
Semper Fi,

You really need to get your facts straight.....
I sure as hell didn't jump INTO your conversation
because you weren't even in it...if you go back and
read the thread "Attention on Deck" you hadn't even
posted and it was everyone making comments
and like I said my comment was in no shape or form
directed to you because like I said, you WEREN'T in
the conversation. I don't know but seems to me
like you were just trying to pick a fight with me over
some nonsense. If you're trying to get my attention
there's better ways of going about it.

USMC0311
07-14-02, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by troop901
well, here we go again, whats with all the infightin. I have the utmost respect for the nam vets, for not only what they had to go threw over there but what they also had to come back too. I have never once seen laura disrespect any vets either. Is it because she is a woman or was in admin. She aint ever said she was a combat vet or tried to pretend to be one.
And Joe, i am not takin a shot at you either, as i said, i have always gotten along with ya when on the chat and no one is demandin that u be nicey nicey to anyone, everyone has the right to thier opinion but there has always been a us vs them attitude since the beginning of time and i dont want to see the us vs us attitude. I'm not the touchy feely type of guy and anyone who knows me will tell ya that i am the most insensitive SOB ya can run across. all i ask is that we get away from this us vs us thing.

Don't want people to think this is infighting..more like a lack of understand on the part ot the participants and in my case maybe a lack of finess. Learned a new lesson . It isn't just civilian women that will **** in yer mess kit..it's all women.. Laura is a Fine Marine from what I have heard. all in all the smartest thing I can do is step away and leave this confused mess alone. Never will understand the female mind.
Semper Fidelis, Troop

NamGrunt68
07-14-02, 10:15 AM
Maybe if I can word it write, the following statement from me will help put to rest the issue or bickering about Grunts versus Pogues or All Marines not being equally suited for Combat and things like that.....

I was a 0351 in Nam......I humpped a "Zippo"...possibly for some o you New Marines that don't know what that means , I carried a "Flame Thrower"......Flamemen weren't on ALL patrols, or as heavily involved in ALL operations as were the 0311's and 0331's.
We belonged in Weapons Platoon as a Part of H&S Companies....and were used on Patrols and op's when it was known that we would be needed or possibly needed. Matter of fact, I don't even think all units in Nam had flamemen....might be wrong about that....not sure.....

When I am with other Grunts and Nam bro's when we get together, alot of times I feel like I don't belong in the same room with the 0311's and 0331's.... I am in Awe of them.......so there you have it from someone who was there with them and carried an 03 MOS....so ALL Marines ain't the same.....and ALL Marines ain't qualified to say such just because there is some kind of written rule that sez all Marines are basic riflemen grunts. How you gonna take a Marine that's been in supply or sittin in an office for a couple o years and in an emergency situation throw him into a fighten hole with a grunt....after a couple o years away from the daily use of humppin a piece and firin a piece, he ain't gonna know one end from the other......I sure as hell wouldn't want him in a hole with me just because he earned the Eagle Anchor and Globe by makin it thru boot camp !!!! Attitude does have alot to do with winnin a battle, but not as much as what you were trained for !!!!

USMC0311
07-14-02, 10:39 AM
Hey Dane/Zippo. U can bet U was loved Bro. ain't a mudsucker alive that didn't appreciate U guys heatin up them dink holes..nun us muthers liked doin the tunnel rat chit. seen Zippo in action U grunts are sum humpers man. yer site title says it well Brother!
WWW.ITSJUSTANAMTHING.COM
Hey Dane, Leatherneck has a chat room also...3 rooms...no waiting! I kick in bout 21:00 cst. Be a pleasure to bull**** with U and the Green Machine Grunts. later Bro.
Semper Fi, Marine!!!

NamGrunt68
07-14-02, 10:45 AM
Hey Dane/Zippo. U can bet U was loved Bro. ain't a mudsucker alive that didn't appreciate U guys heatin up them dink holes..nun us muthers liked doin the tunnel rat chit. seen Zippo in action U grunts are sum humpers man. yer site title says it well Brother!
WWW.ITSJUSTANAMTHING.COM
Hey Dane, Leatherneck has a chat room also...3 rooms...no waiting! I kick in bout 21:00 cst. Be a pleasure to bull**** with U and the Green Machine Grunts. later Bro.
Semper Fi, Marine!!!

I'll haves to check it out bro......I ain't never been much on dem things cuz I can't usually keep up..........I'll take a look see first opportunity I get.....my bride is usually on this thing at night cuz she has "B" Cancer and she belongs to a support group and they do lots o chitterin and chatterin at night...I'll see if I can kick her azz off o it one night......uh....Belay dat....I'll see if'n the CO will relinquish some time to me !!!! LMMFAO !!! WELCOME HOME BRO !!

USMC0311
07-14-02, 10:55 AM
Roger that NamGrunt68. I'll pray for yer little lady Bro. (the CO).
the chat room is of exceptional quality and has lotsa bells and whistles. even a grunt can catch on man. Some real Good people in the room Marines, Civilians and kids with a dream! Good Luck with the CO.
P.S. the room gets activity most of the dark hours..I'm a viet vet so U know I ain't doin much night time sleepin.
Semper Fi, WELCOME HOME BRO!

wrbones
07-14-02, 12:36 PM
I am in awe of you Marines. You've done what no others could do. Most of us can't imagine what ya been thru. Personally, I don't even try. eye rain ****s with my **** when I do. I care about people...

SGT T
07-15-02, 10:31 AM
SEMPER FI MARINES NOT A GRUNT BUT JUST PROUD, READY, AND TOUGH

cowboy_az_us
07-15-02, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by TeufelHunden
...Aren't we all Marines? Does it really matter whether or not we're Old Corps or New Corps? The common denominator is Corps. A Corps of brother and sister Marines! If that itself isn't enough to bond us all together for eternity, then I don't know what would.

Yeah......We all be Marines, but there is a differance 'cuz a what some of us have done & some of us ain't.

S/F cowboy

SGT T
07-15-02, 01:15 PM
SEMPER FI DO OR DIE NOT A GRUNT OR A NAM VET BUT STILL A MARINE AND STILL READY TO DIE FOR MY COUNTRY AND MY CORPS AND ALWAYS TRAINED AND READY TO GO OOH RAA SUICIDE CHARLEY COMPANY

devildog2B
07-15-02, 01:27 PM
This is the brother and sister hood that the corps is about, bassically saying unless yur a grunt yur not as good of a Marine...If this what it is about, then no wonder people look the other way. What a wonderful thought knowing that when yur new or old that unless you were a combat grunt Marine you weren't or aren't as good, Nice to look forward to i guess.......

arzach
07-15-02, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by SGT T
SEMPER FI DO OR DIE NOT A GRUNT OR A NAM VET BUT STILL A MARINE AND STILL READY TO DIE FOR MY COUNTRY AND MY CORPS AND ALWAYS TRAINED AND READY TO GO OOH RAA SUICIDE CHARLEY COMPANY
scoped yer profile Sgt. T----wunderin' about 'suicide charley company' how 'bout a 'enhancement'?

SGT T
07-15-02, 01:38 PM
scoped yer profile Sgt. T----wunderin' about 'suicide charley company' how 'bout a 'enhancement'?

I WAS WITH 1ST BATTALION 7TH MARINES...I WORKED IN THE ADMIN SHOP AS ASST ADMIN CHIEF BUT EVERY FIELD OP OR EXERCISE OR DEPLOYMENT THEY WOULD ASK IF ANY OF THE H&S MARINES OR POG'S WANTED TO BE ATTACHED TO ONE OF THE LINE COMPANIES...I ALWAYS WENT WHEREVER SUICIDE CHARLEY WENT...MADE A LOT OF GOOD FRIENDS AND DID A LOT OF GOOD TRAINING....HELL EVEN GOT TO GO TO A SQUAD LEADER COURSE.

I LOVED IT ALL AND STILL DO

badbob
07-15-02, 02:05 PM
If you have successfully completed USMC Basic Training, Then you are a Marine and will always be a Marine, Male or Female, no Question.

Having been a Grunt in Combat, I did however notice a slight difference between the combat vet and those other Marines who had not yet experienced the cracking sound of a 7.62x39 round as it snapped passed your head (it’s the one with your name on it, but fortunately, you moved your head just enough for it to miss or Charlie was a bad shot)

The difference is the "THE THOUSAND YARD STARE" stemming from the stress related to prolonged Combat.

I have to say though, for the Marine who has not yet experienced Combat, there is a different kind of stress, a stress that us combat vets can't relate to, or more likely, have forgotten we once had to deal with the same issue.

Becoming a Marine was the easy part. Being a Marine requires constant effort.

Marines are always the first to fight. Anyone who enters the MARINE CORPS, regardless of the era, has a one in 3 chance that he or she will enter a combat zone. Today it's closer to 100%.

Having graduated Basic Training and now understanding for the first time what being a Marine is really about, and what is required of you. One of the biggest problems prior to actually going into combat, is contemplating going into combat, dealing with the ever present questions, What will it be like, will I survive, How hard is my Metal?

All these questions have been answered for us combat vets, hell I'm one of the lucky ones, 3 Purple hearts and a Bronze Star, I’ve got no more questions.

But I can remember back in Nam, on the few occasions when we would go back to the rear area for some working R&R, those boys in the rear had it real nice, or so it would appear.

Once you really paid attention, you saw a STARE that was similar; they were num for different reasons. They had a different kind of reality to shrug off.

The Combat Vet was actually more in control of his reality than the rear echelon support troops and Chopper Crews. There was more the Combat Vet could do, to effect his survival.

When the SH!T hit the fan, we had options, we took the most appropriate course to eliminate the enemy threat and affect a positive outcome with minimum loss of Marines. Calculation, brute force and cunning saved many Butts.

In the rear, there was far less of chance that you would come face to face with Charlie, but the Rockets and Mortars were always a threat and your personal survival was always left to chance.

When SAPPERS hit MAG 16 in Oct 65, aircrews were blown up in their tents, never knew what hit them, and had no chance to respond.

After 3 nights of SAPPER attacks, Lima 3/3 was called in to secure the base. We spent 4 weeks building defensive positions, stringing barb wire and laying trip flares and claymores.

We would share our bunkers at night with the base Ground Crew’s, training them to take over once we left. One night we were all sitting in front of our bunker, when a trip-flair went off, and the two Ground Crewman bolted around and into the rear of bunker like a flash of light.

My A Gunner and I just sat tight trying to see what had tripped our flair, hoping that it was Charlie, but it was just a Dog scavenging for food.

With three rows of triple barb & trip flairs everywhere, it was pretty hard to get inside without being detected, but these two Marines were not experienced and very gun shy. It took several nights of watch for them to calm down and ease off the switch, by the time we left, their Metal was almost as hard as ours.

My Brother Flew CH-47's in 1969. He equates his tour as being two very abstract worlds rolled into one. Rear Area and Combat Missions. He was either flying to work in the Field or Flying home from work to safety. He never experienced any hand to hand combat, never stood watch all alone in the middle of the jungle, and only had one confirmed kill, as a result of this sea-saw lifestyle, he came home very screwed up.

I spent most of my tour in the field, sleeping on the ground and eating C Rations, and always the constant threat of danger that takes a little getting use to. But most of what I experienced made sense.

Yes, there is a subtle difference between those of us who have seen combat and those of us who have not.

For Marines who have not seen combat, it's just a couple of unanswered questions that separate us.

The Marine Corps makes Marines, Combat makes Marines Heroes!

And every Marine Combat Veteran is a Hero!

Semper Fi

Bob Neener
G/2/9 L/3/3
Vietnam 1965-1966

http://www.3rdmarines.net

wrbones
07-15-02, 02:28 PM
We need ya here.

Sgt0811
07-15-02, 03:16 PM
I am just curious about what you guys think of the 0811s.
I remember that the 0311s that were next to us would sometimes man our outpost for us. They said that they wanted us awake when they called for fire missions.
I think I know how you feel sometimes as I was in a position to use my M14 against the VC while on an outpost.
You guys have my respect.
Semper Fi & welcome home.

badbob
07-15-02, 03:29 PM
You guys were A OK Click,

You did a real good job keeping Charlie up and on the run so we could get a good clear shot at him.

with the one exception, when one of your twisted pieces of junk fell about 4 foot from my back side.

Wasn't your fault though , think our FO serwed up that one.

SF
Bob

Shaffer
07-15-02, 03:55 PM
Badbob- Damn good post bro! Provides a lot of insight to us youngins. <br />
<br />
Chick -- my father was an 08 with HQ 12th Marines, radar operator. Said he was never happy. Like Badbob said, he wasn't in...

USMC0311
07-15-02, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by devildog2B
This is the brother and sister hood that the corps is about, bassically saying unless yur a grunt yur not as good of a Marine...If this what it is about, then no wonder people look the other way. What a wonderful thought knowing that when yur new or old that unless you were a combat grunt Marine you weren't or aren't as good, Nice to look forward to i guess.......
Gotta laugh at U Dog..Us Marines been talkin this **** ever since I can Remember, 1965 on 4 sure..I ain't gonna bite yer head of for walkin into a fire-fight, but I for sure Don't Give a Rats ass WTF any Civilian thinks bout what WE Marines discuss..U don't want the Corps...Hit The Door!!

HEY Bad Bob..I am A/1/3, 1965 off the McGoffin our first duty in Vietnam was support unit for Harvest Moon..after that we turned North and did the S&D.
Semper Fi, Bad Bob..

NamGrunt68
07-15-02, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by USMC0311

Gotta laugh at U Dog..Us Marines been talkin this **** ever since I can Remember, 1965 on 4 sure..I ain't gonna bite yer head of for walkin into a fire-fight, but I for sure Don't Give a Rats ass WTF any Civilian thinks bout what WE Marines discuss..U don't want the Corps...Hit The Door!!

[b] A Phucin MEN Bro !!!!!

NamGrunt68
07-16-02, 10:58 AM

Gotta laugh at U Dog..Us Marines been talkin this **** ever since I can Remember, 1965 on 4 sure..I ain't gonna bite yer head of for walkin into a fire-fight, but I for sure Don't Give a Rats WTF any Civilian thinks bout what WE Marines discuss..U don't want the Corps...Hit The Door!!

Roger that SH!T USMC0311.....devildog2b I am proud of ya for deciden to become a United States Marine, but UNTIL you do, and finish boot camp you is the same thing that every Marine in this thread was until he got to either Parris Island or San Diego....You is a scum suckin maggot that is lower than snail at the bottom of a amtrac rut in 6 feet o mud......If you don't believe me, you'll damn sure believe your Drill Instructor.....so if'n I wuz you I'd heed ole usmc0311's advice..........don't jump into our slingin until ya got some bonafide to sling !!!!!

wrbones
07-16-02, 11:07 AM
...kid just won't listen. I warned him about that crap two or three times. Far as I'm concerned he's got a target on his head now. IF he EVER signs on the dotted line....we'll see. Kid's always got some excuse, but wants to talk **** and hang out with Marines. I believe in giving folks the benefit of the doubt, but this one is starting to irritate me. Got some good kids running around here, though. Don't judge them all by this one.

arzach
07-16-02, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by devildog2B
This is the brother and sister hood that the corps is about, bassically saying unless yur a grunt yur not as good of a Marine...If this what it is about, then no wonder people look the other way. What a wonderful thought knowing that when yur new or old that unless you were a combat grunt Marine you weren't or aren't as good, Nice to look forward to i guess....... [COLOR=green]

got ta echo exactly what NAMGRUNT AND 0311 wuz tellin' ya there dd2b. you will damn sure git yer eyes opened in 'boot' if'n ya don't open em yerself fore ya git there! Maggott will be ingrained in yer head cuz that's all ya will be hearin'! Dinger laid it out fer all ta unnerstand---if ya ain't a Grunt, then yer job---whatever it is, is ta SUPPORT the Grunts!
weren't no Grunt maself, just a bonafide 1833 tractor rat---in support of, and that's ALL I ever did was support the God Blessed Grunts!
Semper Fi Bros., and a Hand Salute to all my Grunt Bros!

Sparrowhawk
07-16-02, 01:24 PM
Got tractor support one night in NAm.

In July 1967 ~ we asked Battalion headquarters for a Tank, You know one of those nosily, fire breathing, artillery pumping dragons.

Since we were a platoon out on our own, with no support close by looking for the rocket sites the enemy had used to hit Da Nang. The Lieutenant figured we could use some armour.

"No can do," said Battalion.

But, we'll send you a tractor.

"A tractor?" asked our lieutenant.

"Yes," said battalion.

"You can turn it on at night and early in the morning and the gooks will think you have a tank out there. "

And they did, they send us a tractor.

But you know what/ It was a barren hill we were on and when the enemy began to snipe at us, that tractor wasa favorite place to hide behind.

LOL

arzach
07-16-02, 02:30 PM
Got tractor support one night in NAm.

In July 1967 ~ we asked Battalion headquarters for a Tank, You know one of those nosily, fire breathing, artillery pumping dragons.

Since we were a platoon out on our own, with no support close by looking for the rocket sites the enemy had used to hit Da Nang. The Lieutenant figured we could use some armour.

"No can do," said Battalion.

But, we'll send you a tractor.

"A tractor?" asked our lieutenant.

"Yes," said battalion.

"You can turn it on at night and early in the morning and the gooks will think you have a tank out there. "

And they did, they send us a tractor.

But you know what/ It was a barren hill we were on and when the enemy began to snipe at us, that tractor wasa favorite place to hide behind.

LOL

yeah hawk, did some a dat nite bulls--t gooks damn sure know where the hell we was! kinda dumb, tho, dinks slippin' up on ya.
myself, we was attached to a grunt co.--2 tractors--went wherever the grunts went, took 'um there matter a fact--got real tite wid dose Bros.
I remember cruisin' the Az,( yepper found that info from a Bro. a mine) one nite, lookin' fer a Tank that got itself stuck with either Bravo or Delta 1/1. that was early '67. never found the tank--nuther one happened onto 'em and pulled him out. Dem was da daze!!!LOL