PDA

View Full Version : Question.

firstsgtmike
01-28-03, 07:07 PM
QUESTION: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner and is running at you while screaming obscenities. In your hand is a Glock .40 and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

LIBERAL ANSWER: Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that is inspiring him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with
some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion. Ohhh I hope I don't get into trouble!!

CONSERVATIVE ANSWER: BANG!

MARINE'S ANSWER: BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click..click... (sounds of clip being ejected and fresh clip installed)
Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving, what do you kids think?"
Son: "Mom's right Dad, I saw it too..." BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Daughter: "Nice grouping Daddy!

USMC0311
01-28-03, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by firstsgtmike
QUESTION: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner and is running at you while screaming obscenities. In your hand is a Glock .40 and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

LIBERAL ANSWER: Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that is inspiring him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with
some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion. Ohhh I hope I don't get into trouble!!

CONSERVATIVE ANSWER: BANG!

MARINE'S ANSWER: BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click..click... (sounds of clip being ejected and fresh clip installed)
Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving, what do you kids think?"
Son: "Mom's right Dad, I saw it too..." BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Daughter: "Nice grouping Daddy!

Nice Top, but is there enough ears to go around?;)

greensideout
01-28-03, 09:20 PM
I hope the family gets busy and picks up all that empty brass for reloading!

wrbones
01-28-03, 09:30 PM
If the youngest kid is raised right, ya don't have to worry about askin! ;) They'll have the brass picked up and be askin ya where ya want to put it this time!