PDA

View Full Version : " So there I Was........"

HardJedi
12-15-06, 02:53 PM
yeah, sounds like the beggining of a bad story.

ANYWAY, I was at work the other day, and in walks a young girl (18-20) and she is wearing a Marine Corps Service "A" jacket. All the buttons, insignia, and rank stripes. ( E-4) The jacket is frayed, dirty, and on top of that has buttons for rock and punk bands all over it. I approaced her, and asked her where she got it. She said she got it at an arizona trading company. So, I politley informed her that she should NEVER,. EVER wear that jacket again, or that someone much less nice than me might just take it off for her, forcefully. And she would be lucky if thats ALL she got. I then explained the importance of the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor, and the rank insignia, and how disrespectfull it was that she wore it.

So, was I out of line? I have actually cleaned up my anguage here, from what was really said to her.

Sometimes I really hate young kids. ( bad for a highschool history teacher, i know)

SgtHopperUSMC
12-15-06, 03:07 PM
So what was her answer? How does she see a Marine now? Just a thought

jerryk
12-15-06, 03:46 PM
i would have did a lot more then what you did ,and i would be in jail now

davecerami275
12-15-06, 07:48 PM
:flag:
i would have did a lot more then what you did ,and i would be in jail now

i would be sitting in jail next to jerry wondering which one of will buy the beer when we make bail. :flag:

sgt tony
12-15-06, 08:32 PM
:evilgrin: Well I would have asked if she knew what that mean. Then if she didn't then I would explain it to her. Well if she was a smart a@@ I would hav been in jail with these other 2 Marines.

If you teach them with words then the back of a hand works pretty good some times:mad:

Sgt Leprechaun
12-16-06, 06:35 AM
I think you did exactly the right thing, in the right way, words and all. I once bought a 1950's era USMC "Ike" jacket right off a kids back in the mall that she was wearing, complete with Sgt. stripes and EGA's on the collar. She said she bought it at a yard sale for a couple of bucks.

I think education is the way to go with these kids...most of em don't know from right most of the time.

HardJedi
01-23-07, 09:47 AM
stupid kid cam back in again, and I :devious: really laid into her this time

Sgt Leprechaun
01-23-07, 10:07 AM
Tell her she can be arrested, thanks to the new 'stolen valor' act congress just passed. Not true, but might get her attention LOL

maverickmarine
01-23-07, 10:42 AM
Man, I hate that crap. I have seen it on TV a couple times too where the young punks are wearing some form of our uniform disrespectfully and I think I would either just freakin' stroke out on the spot or be sitting in jail next to those other Marines if that was right in front of my face.

davecerami275
01-23-07, 07:15 PM
:flag:

i would be sitting in jail next to jerry wondering which one of will buy the beer when we make bail. :flag:

damm,,, me and jerry have been sitting in jail now for over a month waiting for one of you fukcres to come bail us out

greensideout
01-23-07, 07:50 PM
If I read it correctly, she is an 18-20 year old young girl. A little girl, get it?
So you are going to be a big bad a$$ Marine and give her a bunch of crap?
That would really set a fine example for the Marine Corps!

I think that it might serve better to just explain to her that you served and why you find the wearing of the uniform in that manner disgraceful to those that served their country to preserve our freedom. Then just turn and walk away. She may or may not understand (because of the poor educational system today) but at least she would not be telling others that she was harassed by some former Marine!

trylisc911
01-23-07, 08:09 PM
:usmc: some people that have kids really should have never had them. i dont think that the girls ignorance is all her fault. a portion of the blame lies with the parents. i am young, and the first member of my family to serve our country, so the " do's and dont's" of certain situations were never specified to me as a teenager, but i was taught respect. you can almost garuntee that her parents are ignorant to the situation overseas and dont even see the problem with her wearing the unifrom jacket in the manner she is. someone needs to talk to her and convey the honor in the jaket and the discrace she has done to it and all it stands for.......in a nice way maybe so she doesnt walk away from the situation with a distaste for the corp and what it stands for.

DWG
01-23-07, 08:23 PM
damm,,, me and jerry have been sitting in jail now for over a month waiting for one of you fukcres to come bail us out

Ya gotta use that call they give you to CALL somebody!:p

FistFu68
01-23-07, 08:40 PM
:evilgrin: MY PAPA,MANY MOON'S AGO! SAW JOHN LENNON ON THE IDIOT BOX,SINGING REVOLUTION;WEARING THE PATCH OF A UNIT HE WAS IN!THE 2ND.DIV./A BIG STAR,WITH AN INDIAN HEAD IN IT!!!HE TOLD ME IF HE EVER CAUGHT ME LISTENING TO THEIR CHIT;HE WAS GONNA BREAK MY FUCEN NECK(LOL)!!!I'M GLAD I LIKED ERIC BURDEN& THE ANIMAL'S; ELVIS,&THE STONE'S!!!(LOL)THAT OLD GREEN-BERET SCARED THE CHIT OUTTA ME (LOL):scared: