PDA

View Full Version : Question?

crzyredneck
12-14-06, 09:27 PM
Would any of yall have a Clue on why i would be told i go to Boot camp sooner than originally planned? I was just called an hour ago and told i leave on monday morning instead of the Third of Jan like i had planned? She said that Everyone in our RSS is being Moved up, and shipping sooner. I was just wondering, cause they are even waviering everything, my IST and my Weight to get in earlier... I was just wondering On if yall could think of why?

Barrette
12-14-06, 09:38 PM
Things must be brewing in Washington....nah j/k If you remember when you go up to meps and they read you your contract and you sign into the DEP program they tell you right there that they can make your ship date 30 days earlier or 30 days latter if they want to... They prob have less going because of christmas being around the corner so they might have to fill some spots...

jinelson
12-14-06, 09:41 PM
Its Called Needs Of The Corps!

You will need to get used to that. Lots of things could cause you to get called early maybe another Poolee cant go or the forming platoons would be even smaller than normal this time of year. I know it kind of screws up you and your folks plans for the holidays but to be a Marine ya'll need to get used to that also.

Jim

crzyredneck
12-14-06, 09:41 PM
ok thanks... i wasnt sure.. cause im leaving this monday.. if any of you are leave the 18th to SD let me know..

crzyredneck
12-14-06, 09:43 PM
thanks SSGT... I was just wondering... I mean i have no problem adapting.. it just came as a shock.. specially since im over weight, bout 11lbs and the ist mile and a half by a minute, and im getting that waivered... thats what brung up the question

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-14-06, 11:24 PM
Put as plainly as I can, if you cannot pass the IST, tell them you aren't leaving. Shipping early just to spent that time in PCP doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

David Jameson
12-15-06, 09:56 AM
Good Luck Bill and God bless

Bullrider
12-15-06, 10:12 AM
Put as plainly as I can, if you cannot pass the IST, tell them you aren't leaving. Shipping early just to spent that time in PCP doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Excuse my ignorance if you will but what is PCP?

Covey_Rider
12-15-06, 10:31 AM
PCP is the Physical Conditioning Platoon (aka "pork chop platoon"). If you're not up to par as far as PT is concerned, you will get dropped to a PCP platoon and have to stay there until you're ready to train.

chrisnica
12-15-06, 04:23 PM
Must agree with Jinelson, needs of the Corps come first. I shipped out 3 months earlier than I was supposed to, but I am glad that I did. It might be good and it might not, it depends of how you take it. Think of it as becoming a Marine sooner than expected. Make the best of it Devil-Pup, and check back in with us after you graduate.
:usmc:

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-15-06, 07:42 PM
Too add to the PCP talk. You'll PT a couple times a day while you're there, and then just sit around the rest of the time. The people in PCP used to spend all day shining boots, but that isn't even an option now. You don't want to be there if you can avoid it. It is just time at boot camp that isn't counting toward graduation. Imagine being in high school for a few weeks/months and that time not counting toward graduation.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-16-06, 07:23 AM
Same thing happened to me; was supposed to leave 27 Aug 82, got a call on 1 Aug that said "pack your trash, you are leaving 13 Aug".

I didn't have a choice LOL. Needs of the Corps...

Good luck!

crzyredneck
12-17-06, 01:37 PM
Well im still on standby but i am not leaveing yet. They had a guy come in on Friday Night and wanted to join, they said they could have him in DEP and he can ship monday if he wanted, he said ok, so he got the spot, but im next to leave if anything happens and someone chooses not to go or nething with the next couple of shippers but if not ill leave on the third like orginally planned. But i am kinda glad that gives me a little bit longer to get myself more inshape, and a better chance to avoid PCP