PDA

View Full Version : USMC engagement

solidsnakepaul
12-14-06, 12:06 PM
Hello everybody.

My name is Paul Vannier, i'm a frenche student of 18 years old who is living in Paris (France). Since 5 years, i want to join the corps of the united states marine but a USMC sergent told me tha i nedd a green card!!! The Us ambassy in Paris refuse to give me a green card only to join USMC...
I'm very sad cause it's my dream to serve The United States with the marines corps.
How i can do? Please, tell to me some answer...Can i serve in another corps of the army without green card? Rules about green card?

You know, i'm french and it's hard for me to have some information about your army, so i try to do my best in order to succed in my dream.

Thanks

Paul :usmc: Semper Fidelis

Ps: My old grand father was into the Big Red One unit while the ww2, he was a great man...I want to become like him in the Marines.

Zulu 36
12-14-06, 12:44 PM
Sorry, Paul. To serve in any branch of the US military, you have to be a citizen or legal resident of the US (green card). Generally, you can't get a green card just to join the military.

You would have to apply to become a legal resident of the US through the US embassy. I do not know what the exact quotas and procedures are for French citizens, you would have to check at the embassy for that information.

It is best for you to live in the US for at least a short time in order to learn our ways and English language better before joining the military. It would be a terrible culture shock for you to go to US Marine boot camp without some exposure living with Americans before hand. It is a shock for life-long Americans to stand on those yellow footprints.

SuNmAN
12-14-06, 12:54 PM
Hello everybody.

My name is Paul Vannier, i'm a frenche student of 18 years old who is living in Paris (France). Since 5 years, i want to join the corps of the united states marine but a USMC sergent told me tha i nedd a green card!!! The Us ambassy in Paris refuse to give me a green card only to join USMC...
I'm very sad cause it's my dream to serve The United States with the marines corps.
How i can do? Please, tell to me some answer...Can i serve in another corps of the army without green card? Rules about green card?

You know, i'm french and it's hard for me to have some information about your army, so i try to do my best in order to succed in my dream.

Thanks

Paul :usmc: Semper Fidelis

Ps: My old grand father was into the Big Red One unit while the ww2, he was a great man...I want to become like him in the Marines.

I like you :-)