PDA

View Full Version : Times have CHANGED

criggleman
12-14-06, 08:59 AM
Subject: 1973 vs 2006 <br />
Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack. <br />
<br />
1973 - Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to his car and gets his to show...

konman1
12-14-06, 09:29 AM
Right on!! Isnt it a shame, what a bunch of PC panzies our beloved countrymen have become.

crate78
12-14-06, 10:05 AM
Unfortunately, it's all too true.

When I was in high school, most of us guys carried a rifle or shotgun in our school cars, particularly during the hunting season, and no one gave it a second thought.

And on occasion we came home from school with fresh meat for the table.

A couple of years ago, a bigtime uproar occurred because a high school student in Raymond, Nebraska was found to have an unloaded shotgun in the trunk of his car. The fact that he was on the school trap shooting team and had trap shooting practice after school was lost in the commotion.

crate

Sgt Leprechaun
12-14-06, 10:31 AM
Yep. Heck, when I was in High school in Maryland in the 70's, all the boys wore large 'buck' style knives in black pouches on our belts. We were farm kids, and those knives were used in our chores. We did plenty of fisticuffs, but I can't ever recall anyone pulling out one of those 'bucks'. Of course, if he had, his daddy would have more than made sure the youngster learned the 'err' of his ways.

Sigh. Nowadays, as a Police officer, I have to respond to calls for "the out of control 8 year old". Kid having a temper tantrum, and mommie and daddie don't know how to calm him down.....

The world has changed, and it's damn sure not for the better.

Osotogary
12-14-06, 10:48 AM
Times have changed is right, Criggleman.
On last night's (12/13/06) prime time local television news the "big front page story" wasn't about a world event with global implications, or anything like that, but a story about how some Colorado Congressman called Miami "a Third World country". This bit of "news" surfaced last month and hasn't been laid to rest as yet.
I, frankly, don't know of any other place and time where this would be considered front page material. Excuse me, oh yes, there was the time when Britney Spears got out of a vehicle in a somewhat provocative fashion. LOL
The good news, nowadays, seems to be put on the back page. Anyway, the times have certainly changed.
Gary

Camper51
12-14-06, 11:35 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh, Gary, I see Tom Tancredo has done it again, ha ha ha ha...

Camper51
12-14-06, 11:40 AM
Reminds me about all the b*tchin and whining going on the other day after all the Swift raids.

Thes people are crying because their loved ones, who are here illegally and used illegal ID's to get their jobs, are being deported.

One newsclip here in Denver showed a man saying these people (the illegals) were just plain CRIMINALS. He said what part of ILLEGAL makes it ok for them to be here?

I happen to agree with both this person and Tom Tancredo that the illegals are 1-CRIMINALS and 2-should be DEPORTED back to wherever.

Why should we as a country be giving "cuts" in the line to illegals who are here rather than letting in those who have gone through the process to get here legally wait...

Being PC is just trash. Do what is right and be done with it...

ggyoung
12-14-06, 12:44 PM
:mad: Camper+++++++++++++I agree with you. For 2 days in the Salt Lake Trib. this has been the top story. It showes the wifes and kids with bid frowns on the fases(sp) It makes the goverment look like the bad guys. I say BS we give these so called people tax money so they can surive(sp) and us Vets who under the care of the VA keep geting cut fonding and our VA benafits keep giting slashed. What about the guys who made the milatery(sp) there life long job. The goverment has not honnered there promise for free med. for live.

iamcloudlander
12-15-06, 01:48 AM
Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1973: Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2006: Pedro's cause is taken up by state democratic party. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English.
+++++++++++++++++++++[/QUOTE]

iamcloudlander
12-15-06, 02:03 AM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1973: Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2006: Pedro's cause is taken up by state democratic party. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English.
This wouldn't happen in Calif since it was not PC to not allow illegals to attend school (they have more rights than a citizen) the solution they came up with was to hire teachers that spoke their language and require students that didn't speak their language to take classes to learn it.
The law will not deport them and will allow them to finish school and pay for it to boot. They are now holding classes for the parents of illegal school children (in Spanish so the parents won't have to bother to learn English) to teach them how to help fill out paper work properly so as the children can get a full paid scholarship to Colleges and Universities.
It I think is not a requirement for anyone to learn English in this state as now more and more items are not only written in English but Spanish as well. This is to include every item in any store but their bills, voting ballots etc.
The mayor of my town holds parades for just about anyone from another country when we asked him when he will hold a parade for the caucausions he simply stated "why you did not have to put up with all the problems these people have had to endure to be citizens you were born here with all the benefits from birth as citizens."
LA has a larger Mexican population than Mexico City and is growing daily nay hourly. So I feel safe in saying that LA might just become a third world country as well.