PDA

View Full Version : Local mom reacts to President Bush's delay in releasing Iraq strategy

thedrifter
12-14-06, 07:15 AM
Local mom reacts to President Bush's delay in releasing Iraq strategy

12/13/06

News 10NBC caught up with a Greece mother whose son is serving in Iraq. She said you can't support the troops without supporting the war they're fighting and that means getting behind the president too. She says she is waiting patiently for his new Iraq war strategy.

20-year-old Jeremy Judkins of Greece is a Lance Corporal in the Marines. He's been serving in Iraq for about six months now.

In Greece, his family supports him, the war effort, and President Bush.

“I'm very supportive of our president I love him, I voted for him and I get tired of the way we as a nation at a time of war don't support him and respect him the way he should be,” said Susan Judkins.

Wednesday as the President said he would not be rushed into a strategy Susan Judkins said that's just fine with her.

“Its important the decision that he makes and that rushing to present a speech to make I don't know who happy, congress or the media is not important to me,” said Judkins.

In and around Rochester there are some people who feel any delay by the president to present a plan is valuable time wasted.

“He's much too late, everyday is a loss in Iraq. He's got to act quickly or well be in more trouble then we are now,” said Ed Holtzman.

Judkins said she understands why people are getting impatient with the war, but she believes the way to peace is not to pull support, but to get behind the effort.

“I would like to see peace more than anybody I have a kid there, I would love to see this war be over and I want peace as much as everyone else does but not peace at the cost of sacrificing our liberties,” said Judkins.

Mrs. Judkins also commented about the Iraq report released last week as well. She said she thinks it's very political and she said she worries the people of the nation have forgotten 9/11 happened. She added right now her son is in Iraq fighting to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Ellie